Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I'll never understand those who leak beta or unstable games if it results in corrupted saves or multiple bugs.
Next time I see "beta", I'll pass my turn.
I have plenty of games to play till the next official update.
But then you just might not be the first to share it (or, as a downloader, play it) ...

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I am a bit confused and I hope someone can help me. In my current play through I never entered Anton's bedroom and I thought you had to do that to cause the crash. Sasha is telling me the crash already happened and that I don't remember. Am I missing something? she has now moved into his bedroom. I think I did the crash when I first played the game over a year ago but I am not sure. If I did would it be saved in a persistant file so that I wouldn't be able to do it again? I started from the beginning this time and deleted my old game files before I installed the new one but my saves were stored in Appdata and I didn't delete those. I am also playing in windows on a PC if that helps. If I somehow missed the crash because of my past play through I would like to fix it so that I can experience it again. I don't mind restarting again if I need to.

Last edited:

max20121999

Oct 23, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named revertable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1102, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 323, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Lucky Paradox v0.8.4Beta
Fri Mar 10 04:51:40 2023

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
I am a bit confused and I hope someone can help me. In my current play through I never entered Anton's bedroom and I thought you had to do that to cause the crash. Sasha is telling me the crash already happened and that I don't remember. Am I missing something? she has now moved into his bedroom. I think I did the crash when I first played the game over a year ago but I am not sure. If I did would it be saved in a persistant file so that I wouldn't be able to do it again? I started from the beginning this time and deleted my old game files before I installed the new one but my saves were stored in Appdata and I didn't delete those. I am also playing in windows on a PC if that helps. If I somehow missed the crash because of my past play through I would like to fix it so that I can experience it again. I don't mind restarting again if I need to.
Thats just a one time event, in the future it will have a relevant part in the story, but the important detail is "How it happens" and not "What happens", and despite the time you still remember that "How it happens" so you won't have any problems xD

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 323, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Lucky Paradox v0.8.4Beta
Fri Mar 10 04:51:40 2023
if u need a new save, u could use this one

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
Thats just a one time event, in the future it will have a relevant part in the story, but the important detail is "How it happens" and not "What happens", and despite the time you still remember that "How it happens" so you won't have any problems xD
So, there's no way for me to reset the game properly such that I can experience the crash again? I feel kind of cheated because I didn't know what was going on the first time I played and don't remember what happened. I'm only on day 109 so starting over doesn't really bother me. The only thing I can figure that I could do would be to find the file in appdata and delete it. Would that do the job?

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
Ask why update renpy in progin process? Can be you need to rewrite all... So why? And other i really like game but i sit out normal 3-5 updates and play with last save. WHen save is not compatile to older ähh ask your self did you like play 4-10 times again? This is why i dont like renpy update in progress. Hope you understand my point of view.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: torresm

jems666

Jun 22, 2022
Old saves are working perfectly fine so far.
But some honk keeps uploading "beta" versions which are not meant for the public audience.
That causes a lot of frustration on all sides.
Oh good, guess that's the one I downloaded because I tried to start my save with errors

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Oh good, guess that's the one I downloaded because I tried to start my save with errors
I have not tried 0.8.4"beta" myself because I had my fingers burnt before. But there are already plenty of complaints on the previous pages.
If you ever played 0.8.2"beta" these saves will crash on further updates. No recovery (afaik).
Lucky me, I still had a save from 0.8.1 NOT BETA.

VerumMortis

Jan 26, 2019
The file size for Android is getting too big so this is a way around it.
The Rar contains the APK and an archive file of the assets.
You install the APK then move the archive to a folder. It's not hard.
You wont have to do it every update, it's just a way to keep some of the assets in your storage so future APKs don't need to be so big.
Download RAR (or similar) from the Play store and you can visit Stawers discord for step by step instructions.
The problem I run into is on my new phone I can't access my phones data files, so I can't move or transfer anything around due to new Samsung restrictions like I could on my old phone. So yea I can unpack stuff, but then that's all I can do to it other than delete it unless it can be installed on its own.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
It keeps saying "If I was closer to her I would join." But I have no active events or anything like that with her. Do I need to spam the erotic scenes to increase her purple hearts?
Hmmm, I don't remember having any trouble on that part, but since you're already stuck it's worth a try.

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019
Old saves not working this far into the game? RIP
If you haven't played in a while like since before 0.6.5 then those saves won't work because of the enhanced update that reworked the whole game though that was about 2 years ago at this point.

Any saves that you made for the 0.8.2 version won't work because it was leaked here before the public release as some fixes needed to happen before it was official. Though saves from 0.8 and before will be fine.

If you are trying to use your joiplay saves to the new android version it won't work because joiplay is emulating the windows version and android version is like a prototype. So I believe if you were using joiplay before joiplay saves should work. If you are trying the new android then you could try your android saves you might still have around or find one around.

Windows saves carry over like always since they are stored in your computer.

jems666

Jun 22, 2022
If you haven't played in a while like since before 0.6.5 then those saves won't work because of the enhanced update that reworked the whole game though that was about 2 years ago at this point.

Any saves that you made for the 0.8.2 version won't work because it was leaked here before the public release as some fixes needed to happen before it was official. Though saves from 0.8 and before will be fine.

If you are trying to use your joiplay saves to the new android version it won't work because joiplay is emulating the windows version and android version is like a prototype. So I believe if you were using joiplay before joiplay saves should work. If you are trying the new android then you could try your android saves you might still have around or find one around.

Windows saves carry over like always since they are stored in your computer.
Is there a way I can find out what saves my version was from? I already deleted the older game which I always do but still have the save file stuff in the appfolder or whatever it's named

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
So, there's no way for me to reset the game properly such that I can experience the crash again? I feel kind of cheated because I didn't know what was going on the first time I played and don't remember what happened. I'm only on day 109 so starting over doesn't really bother me. The only thing I can figure that I could do would be to find the file in appdata and delete it. Would that do the job?
U need to delete the persistent data, not your save

The risk of doing that is that the ending of the story will be different for you

Reactions: battali0n
4.50 star(s) 102 Votes