zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
Saves are also located in \Users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy, I just hope yours didn't get messed up somehow.

And folks, for the love of Dog, please back up your saves before you try alpha builds!
they are there perfectly fine. I have them backed up also somehwere else. Havent played the game since January, and the saves are from then, but they do not work in this version or the 8.4b also. NOW they do not work in the 8.3 version either which is the version they are saved from!?!

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
you downloaded and played an alpha build. i really do not understand what else you expected to have. this is a build that was supposed to be sent out to beta testers, this isn't a final build.
That's literally why it's called 0.8.5 ALPHA. There's a very high chance in ANY alpha build you could corrupt your saves. Most alpha playtesters have a backup folder FOR testing these builds specifically. This is your own fault.
they are there perfectly fine. I have them backed up also somehwere else. Havent played the game since January, and the saves are from then, but they do not work in this version or the 8.4b also. NOW they do not work in the 8.3 version either which is the version they are saved from!?!

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
That's good to know.

And your guess is as good as mine now. I've never seen broken/incompatible saves become outright invisible to previous builds. Since you still have a separate backup, you could try wiping the entire game folder and the appdata saves, and extracting a fresh copy.

Reactions: zeldagamernl

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
you downloaded and played an alpha build. i really do not understand what else you expected to have. this is a build that was supposed to be sent out to beta testers, this isn't a final build.
That's literally why it's called 0.8.5 ALPHA. There's a very high chance in ANY alpha build you could corrupt your saves. Most alpha playtesters have a backup folder FOR testing these builds specifically. This is your own fault.
I don't know why you are being mean right now but I guess judging by your response you didn't read my entire post. I said " I have them backed up also somewhere else " which means I have saves backed up. There was no reason for your hostile post.

i was wondering why the saves do not work in the version they were saved from.

jillybeans

Apr 22, 2018
Its is just me of Pixeldrain started issuing a hardcap of 10mbps?
Well, I am not premium, but here is the GoFile link that Iuplodaded:
Why is your file size different from op?
Op is 6.82gb
Yours is 6.7gb?

Wolf4391

Aug 13, 2020
What about android?
It said .rar, not .apk
Unless someone know how to change it
I tried mine. Nothing work

Deejeey

Sep 11, 2020
why does this game not show in latest updates when nonbeta releases?
i played 8.4 beta and waited for complete one but never saw it.
now its 8.5 alpha and again cannot play properly because saves might break in 8.5 full :(

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
does ANYONE have a working save for this version that maybe ends with the one before? Can't load anything....

Reactions: FuXeD

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Why is your file size different from op?
Op is 6.82gb
Yours is 6.7gb?
maybe he compressed it a little
Numbers are different but the principle of this holds:

There are two different ways of applying the metric prefixes "kilo", "mega", "giga", and so forth to file sizes:

(a) steps of 1000 as you know it from other units, so one kB=1000B, just as 1km=1000m

(b) since PC stuff is usually done in powers of two (thanks to a bit carrying two possible informations) and 2^10=1024 being conveniently near 1000 you have steps of 1024, so 1kB=1024B, 1MB=1024kB and so forth. If you use this scale, 6.49*1.024*1.024*1.024=6.97 (one multiplication with 1024/1000 for giga to mega, one for mega to kilo, one for kilo to no prefix), rounded 7.0 just as you got.

Technically the latter are not called "kilobytes" but "kibibytes" and so forth but this distinction is hardly made unfortunately. But yeah, nothing funky just two different ways of applying prefixes which are both valid.

Reactions: Bob69

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
I don't know why you are being mean right now but I guess judging by your response you didn't read my entire post. I said " I have them backed up also somewhere else " which means I have saves backed up. There was no reason for your hostile post.

i was wondering why the saves do not work in the version they were saved from.
I'm guessing you didn't read mine because I said I don't know why you're surprised, it's an alpha build.
I wasn't being hostile, my point was literally nobody's going to be able to solve your issue but the dev because this is an alpha build. this wasn't meant to be public. but if you send your saves to Stawer either here or on his server, he's likely able to at least find the root of the issue with the alpha build if it is in fact the build's problem. When was the last time you played before this? because if it was before the rebuild, literally none of the files are going to be compatible because it's basically a new game. I think that was like 3 updates ago. so if you haven't played in a long time, that's likely why all your saves are bugged. I just don't know what you expected going into an alpha build, but I feel like that should be one of the things anyone pretty much expects in these. that's why it goes through alpha testing before launch. All I'm saying is maybe next time you should think about this when you download an *alpha* build.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
I'm guessing you didn't read mine because I said I don't know why you're surprised, it's an alpha build.
I wasn't being hostile, my point was literally nobody's going to be able to solve your issue but the dev because this is an alpha build. this wasn't meant to be public. but if you send your saves to Stawer either here or on his server, he's likely able to at least find the root of the issue with the alpha build if it is in fact the build's problem. When was the last time you played before this? because if it was before the rebuild, literally none of the files are going to be compatible because it's basically a new game. I think that was like 3 updates ago. so if you haven't played in a long time, that's likely why all your saves are bugged. I just don't know what you expected going into an alpha build, but I feel like that should be one of the things anyone pretty much expects in these. that's why it goes through alpha testing before launch. All I'm saying is maybe next time you should think about this when you download an *alpha* build.
I played 8.3, That is the build the saves are from. I went back to 8.3, because I have all my VN games on an external drive that only consists of these games, and all my saves were gone. The 8.3 version was from here and it was the public version. Its really no big deal. Ill just clean the folder and replace them with my old backup from the same version. Luckily I keep a couple versions unzipped and ready at all times of my games until they work the proper way.

Halbyn

Dec 8, 2021
Where I get that? Can you do link? Or screen picture it?
Play Store.

If you downloaded it from Pixeldrain sometimes the file gets wrongly labeled as .apk.rar.
In that case, click rename and just delete the .rar.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 102 Votes