zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
If Sasha's story needed Prim and Layla to continue her story then I would think it means they are relevant for Sasha's story right? You learn Melanie is Hanna's mentor from the first time you see Hanna in Prim's story too and the second event in Prim's story about Melanie he doesn't recognize her because he's never actually seen what she looks like. The white strawberries isn't retconned at all. Prim explains what she knows of them which is very little. She doesn't know what novas or really much about mayors at all outside the rumors said in the town. She only knows they were grown by her father and her mother ate them. And Iris shows up because she is looking for them since she has the same condition that Prim's mom had, but there are none left. Prim was reminiscing the past about the strawberries during the picnic event while Iris shows up to actually find them. And the rest is explained in the story. Some events can be avoided because it is optional content while others can't because it is important content for that character's main story.
You only get half points for what you said about Sasha's story needing Primrose. Just because a story doesn't *supposedly* need a different character for it, that doesn't mean that there doesn't need to be narrative cohesion. Why are you assuming I'm referring to when you actually meet Maud? I never said that. I was referring to a different event entirely where you see...see? hear? whatever, you "see" Hanna getting spoken to by Maud and the MC doesn't know it's Maud, despite already knowing about Maud from Sasha (if you do Sasha's story first). You can make the argument "well MC can't be sure it's Maud, having never interacted with her before", but that would be a bad argument when context clues tell you the player very blatantly that it's Maud.
The white strawberries were absolutely retconned. They weren't grown (intentionally) by her father until Iris comes. When Primrose tells us the story of the white strawberries, she says that her mother and father liked to picnic in the place he proposed to her and that, because he liked strawberries, her mother would usually bring some. Then one time, he'd left some strawberries on the ground (by accident, I'm pretty sure?), and eventually they'd sprouted and were a lighter shade (I'm pretty sure it said pink, but maybe not immediately). When Maurinne saw that, she started taking care of the plants and they kept getting lighter and lighter until they turned white. Then, after the accident, nobody continued to take care of them, and the patch died out.

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019
You only get half points for what you said about Sasha's story needing Primrose. Just because a story doesn't *supposedly* need a different character for it, that doesn't mean that there doesn't need to be narrative cohesion. Why are you assuming I'm referring to when you actually meet Maud? I never said that. I was referring to a different event entirely where you see...see? hear? whatever, you "see" Hanna getting spoken to by Maud and the MC doesn't know it's Maud, despite already knowing about Maud from Sasha (if you do Sasha's story first). You can make the argument "well MC can't be sure it's Maud, having never interacted with her before", but that would be a bad argument when context clues tell you the player very blatantly that it's Maud.
The white strawberries were absolutely retconned. They weren't grown (intentionally) by her father until Iris comes. When Primrose tells us the story of the white strawberries, she says that her mother and father liked to picnic in the place he proposed to her and that, because he liked strawberries, her mother would usually bring some. Then one time, he'd left some strawberries on the ground (by accident, I'm pretty sure?), and eventually they'd sprouted and were a lighter shade (I'm pretty sure it said pink, but maybe not immediately). When Maurinne saw that, she started taking care of the plants and they kept getting lighter and lighter until they turned white. Then, after the accident, nobody continued to take care of them, and the patch died out.
What would be really helpful is if you actually said which event you were referring to. But I was just listing an example of one event she is in. In the Hanna event Lucky is neutral about it. He doesn't say he knows or doesn't know, he is just responding to the actions that are happening currently. The event I was referring to was the water tower event which is seeing her glow for the first time, but she is doing most of the talking anyway. In terms of the strawberries that isn't a retcon. Again you were told information by Prim of what she knew in her knowledge which she knew very little of the truth about them. Thats why she was so adamant in learning about them and why she got so upset when she learned the truth...... Thats how a story goes. You are given some information, then as the story progresses you discover more about it and find out the truth. And in this case Prim was not told by her father what they were actually for. Nobody could make them because only her father could actually create them which you learn from Hanna the process of making them.

ermenegildo2014

Jun 7, 2018
The first two years of development I could barely dedicate time to the game, right now the updates are almost 10 times bigger than back then, plus I already made a general improvement to the game with much better UI (old one was very archaic), each update brings new features, including new interactions and some secondary girls, gallery, etc... that takes time. this is not a linear VN, I have always wanted to keep the player's freedom and that requires a lot of testing.

At the beginning the patches were only 2000 words, some without animations, the graphics were much worse than now and there were many more problems, but they took less time to be released.

Right now my focus is on adding the content that was missing for years, I don't plan to make a remaster, at least in the short term... Maybe touch up some old scenes, but I don't know yet if I should spend time on that.

I also think that even though the game already shows an age, I feel that the positive thing is that I want to keep that unique style in the game. The easy way would be to switch from HS1 to HS2, and do something with more generic models and stuff, but I feel that would kill the soul of the game.
"You're doing a great job and the interface looks way better now. Keep it up!"

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
In terms of the strawberries that isn't a retcon. Again you were told information by Prim of what she knew in her knowledge which she knew very little of the truth about them. Thats why she was so adamant in learning about them and why she got so upset when she learned the truth...... Thats how a story goes. You are given some information, then as the story progresses you discover more about it and find out the truth. And in this case Prim was not told by her father what they were actually for. Nobody could make them because only her father could actually create them which you learn from Hanna the process of making them.
You're still wrong, because it's explicitly said once Iris gets there that the father was cultivating the white strawberries, and that he was the only one who knew how. Which then all of a sudden is something Primrose knows about too. Her father *cultivating* them is vastly different from "my mom (and SPECIFICALLY the mom) watered these weird pink strawberries and then they eventually turned white for some reason".

stumblingfool2002

Mar 10, 2023
This is perhaps the first visual novel I ever played. It has been an enjoyable journey! Thank you Strawer! Looking forward to you finishing the game. I personally don't mind the look at all and treat it as an aesthetic. Very nice of you to keep the game free. The game is wholesome, engaging and hot. A very wide selection of girls.

My only gripe is with the witch girl, I wish we saw more of like a freaky side, I didn't expect her to be a total sexual amateur. Could you add more stocking options for the girls? and heels maybe? That's all. Again, thank you for Lucky Paradox!!

stumblingfool2002

Mar 10, 2023
Also, could you add more modest dressing for Layla? her story is awesome but it's hard to take it serious because of her outfit (big hooters in a bikini).

My fav girls are Charlotte and Sasha.

Reactions: HHævnen

TheGuywho

Mar 20, 2021
Im coming back to game after a bit, so im sure i missed something, but why cant i find any Mary scenes in the galery? Im pretty sure there was some at this point.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

1721974528288.png

Hello everyone and welcome to a new sneak peek of Lucky Paradox.

Two new weeks of development have passed, of what is so far the biggest update of Lucky Paradox, although this time there have been some low points.

All the renders for Layla's story and the new girl Alia have been completed,
and also the images needed for her new side story. This time I have made a 200% effort to achieve a better visual quality in the new content to come, as my intention is to make it the best update so far.

Since then, I have focused on all the new content that will be included in Celestine's side story, which includes hundreds of new renders and new animations.

Although...

On Friday of last week, an automated Windows update caused an error in the operating system, which resulted in my version of Windows 10 being corrupted and consequently, I could not turn on my computer normally, so I had to use an old restore point which resulted in the loss of the work I had already done.

The good news is that I usually backup all the material concerning Lucky Paradox every Monday,
so the data loss was not important, although we are still talking about four days of lost work (about 150 renders). Despite the frustration, I've been working overtime this past weekend to catch up, although it's impossible for me to go faster without affecting the quality.

Still, the development of the update is over 80% complete, so I will be able to give you an exact release date soon.

For now, Celestine's story has 450 new renders and 3 new animations, that you will be able to enjoy when visiting her new secondary story. I still must test some details, since it will be necessary to obtain a minimum level of Fitness, to be able to progress with Celestine. Little by little we will be giving more importance to the attributes from now on, so you can enjoy a better feeling of progression in the game.

A new music theme has also been made for Lucky Paradox, making four new music themes that will arrive with this new update. This time I wanted to experiment with a bit of synthwave, to give Layla and Alia's story a touch more of personality.

One last song is in pre-production, so the musical work is almost finished, it has been quite difficult to come up with five new songs in such a short time, but the result has been worth it.

Soon you will be able to listen to them by yourselves, I hope you like them as much as I do!

Finally, we have continued with an exhaustive testing, since this new update will include a lot of new features and I want everything to work as well as possible from the Alpha version. In addition to making some improvements to the old code, as there are still some annoying bugs from past versions.

And that's all for this Sneak Peek!

I'm sorry for the delay that this problem may cause, I promise to work hard to make up for all the lost time, because you deserve the best.

We're already at the end of the road so you can enjoy all the new content I've been preparing!

Thank you all so much for your support!

I wish you a beautiful week, take care and see you soon with more news!

Stawer.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

1723563746324.png

Hello everyone and welcome to a new sneak peek of Lucky Paradox.

There has been great progress during these last two weeks, and the development is at 90%, so very soon it will be possible to play the new update. This time I wanted to make a more concise and direct progress report, since I'm currently quite fatigued by the development of this update.

Celestine renders have already been completed,
so we only need to finish the images of the two new threesomes that will be included in this update. So far 500 new renders have been added, so we have already surpassed 2000 new images for this update (2100 at this moment), making this the BIGGEST UPDATE to this date, and added to this add the graphical and visual improvements that will be included in this new content.

Seven new animations for Celestine's side story have also been finalized, so there's a lot of fun to come!

Two new music themes have been finalized as well,
they were a bit complicated, but I liked the result, as I want to try a different style in the music of the game, this with the intention of giving more personality to the story of Celestine and the android girl.

Soon there will be a preview of the music on the YouTube channel!

During the tests, I received feedback from the test readers and something they agreed on, was that I had to add a little more during Layla and Gia's trio, so I've added a little extension to this one, to close that event in a better way. I have also been polishing details in the texts and in the rhythm of the new content.

As for the code, I've made some improvements according to the recent bug reports received, so I've also been polishing a lot of old content. This will be the most polished Alpha version so far, but when talking about bugs, you can never be completely sure.

It is still necessary to finish and test all the menus of the new features that are coming, in addition to a general testing of all content. In this update, I wanted to experiment with many new concepts, so I still don't know how long it could take to polish them all, but at the moment everything is going very well, so I think everything should be finished soon.

And that's all for this Sneak Peek!

Thank you all very much for your support!

Soon I'll make a post with preview images exclusive for Patreon, and news regarding the release date, so stay tuned for updates.

I wish you a great week, take care and see you soon with more news!

Stawer.

Coupe63

Mar 29, 2021
Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I looked but didn't see anything. With the android version it has a .rar extension. I know to usually change the ext to .apk and I did that but didn't work. Am I missing something somewhere on how to install?

Also, played this one long ago and loved it so I wanted to return for more.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I looked but didn't see anything. With the android version it has a .rar extension. I know to usually change the ext to .apk and I did that but didn't work. Am I missing something somewhere on how to install?

Also, played this one long ago and loved it so I wanted to return for more.
A .rar is a type of compressed file just like say a .zip, so you could try unpacking it using a software. I wouldn't know what is usually on for that on Android though.

4.50 star(s) 104 Votes