Should I share public patreon as new posts in here?

• Total voters

slimehorse

Dec 12, 2019
Ahhhh so that's the bathscene you meant. Thanks for mentioning the text, that actually helps immensely.. let's me know where to look. :p

I'll try to replicate the issue in regards to the inventory thing.. Can't say I've ran into that so far.
Do you have any information as what might have lead to that? Does this happen right away after you've started the game? Does it behave the same when you press escape then click the GUI manually to open the inventory?
I tried the "relax a bit longer" then "nervously smile" and I get stuck the same way.

Well, I also did get stuck on the curtain in the bath house in version 0.0.1.5.

Ooooh, so you can click on the icons? I feel like a retard ...
Must be something on my system then. It only happens when I use F1/F2. It works just fine with ESC mouse click. So I'll just use that from now on.

I did try the Alys route and I can get her to to the bathhouse but I when I try to talk to the host and pay the fee nothing comes up when I press F, same if I try to talk to Alys.

Don't know why but even if I've replayed this so much I am enjoying myself.

Last edited:

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
I tried the "relax a bit longer" then "nervously smile" and I get stuck the same way.

Well, I also did get stuck on the curtain in the bath house in version 0.0.1.5.

Ooooh, so you can click on the icons? I feel like a retard ...
Must be something on my system then. It only happens when I use F1/F2. It works just fine with ESC mouse click. So I'll just use that from now on.

I did try the Alys route and I can get her to to the bathhouse but I when I try to talk to the host and pay the fee nothing comes up when I press F, same if I try to talk to Alys.

Don't know why but even if I've replayed this so much I am enjoying myself.
Neat, thanks for the info. I might upload a 0.0.1.8 somewhere mid-month depending on how my work goes to fix the rest of the issues (It will also have some new content)

I'll still try to look into what could be causing the issue you were having with the inventory etc, some other people may have issues with it too. :D Glad that clicking the GUI itself works fine for you though!

In regards to Alys in the bathhouse, she's supposed to pay the fee for you, thus you should be able to talk to her and go into the bath with her. Do you happen to know how much affection you have with her at the time or is this an issue with every scene with her?

I am glad you're enjoying yourself! I'll admit even I am surprised as the game is fairly barebones at the moment. hahahah

slimehorse

Dec 12, 2019
Neat, thanks for the info. I might upload a 0.0.1.8 somewhere mid-month depending on how my work goes to fix the rest of the issues (It will also have some new content)

I'll still try to look into what could be causing the issue you were having with the inventory etc, some other people may have issues with it too. :D Glad that clicking the GUI itself works fine for you though!

In regards to Alys in the bathhouse, she's supposed to pay the fee for you, thus you should be able to talk to her and go into the bath with her. Do you happen to know how much affection you have with her at the time or is this an issue with every scene with her?

I am glad you're enjoying yourself! I'll admit even I am surprised as the game is fairly barebones at the moment. hahahah
No need to rush, then I have more time to find other issues. xD

I haven't done any extra stuff with Alys but I did all the quests, had dinner, then asked for the bath. All interactions up until when she was standing outside of the changing room curtain worked without an issue.

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
No need to rush, then I have more time to find other issues. xD

I haven't done any extra stuff with Alys but I did all the quests, had dinner, then asked for the bath. All interactions up until when she was standing outside of the changing room curtain worked without an issue.

Neato, will take a look. Thought I tested it before I released 0.0.1.5.. but a developer plays his own game so much differently than actual players do. hahah

By the way, in regards to your nitpick from earlier, are you certain that Leana says the default name during the second dialogue? Did you not accidentally forget to set your own name at the beginning of the game during one of your replays? Just making sure as I am fairly certain that it should be working correctly. :p

slimehorse

Dec 12, 2019
Neato, will take a look. Thought I tested it before I released 0.0.1.5.. but a developer plays his own game so much differently than actual players do. hahah

By the way, in regards to your nitpick from earlier, are you certain that Leana says the default name during the second dialogue? Did you not accidentally forget to set your own name at the beginning of the game during one of your replays? Just making sure as I am fairly certain that it should be working correctly. :p
TBH that might be me, I know I changed the texted, but maybe I didn't set it. I'll look next time. Pretty sure I changed the text a pressed continue. Maybe there is a checkmark or similar I missed and thus didn't set it?

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
TBH that might be me, I know I changed the texted, but maybe I didn't set it. I'll look next time. Pretty sure I changed the text a pressed continue. Maybe there is a checkmark or similar I missed and thus didn't set it?
Pressing enter should work, pressing the continue button might have made you skip it considering that it's seen as a seperate window (text input vs dialogue). I'll do a test when I can =)

Edit: I was correct, pressing continue instead of enter indeed messes it up :p

Last edited:

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019

Information in regards to upcoming fast travel in 0.0.2.
TL;DR: There is a new NPC that will allow you to fast travel to quest areas around the town he's in and to cities/towns you've been to before, this all for the small price of 8 Bumo per trip.

simak42

Feb 1, 2018

Information in regards to upcoming fast travel in 0.0.2.
TL;DR: There is a new NPC that will allow you to fast travel to quest areas around the town he's in and to cities/towns you've been to before, this all for the small price of 8 Bumo per trip.
For some reason, most developers put high price tags on subscriptions, while in most subscribers there would be $ 1 more. 100 people for $ 1 is better than 4 people for $ 15.
How much profit do you expect from your game?

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
For some reason, most developers put high price tags on subscriptions, while in most subscribers there would be $ 1 more. 100 people for $ 1 is better than 4 people for $ 15.
How much profit do you expect from your game?
Hey, my lowest tier is 5$. And I do understand your point of view as to that 100 x 1 may seem like much.. However, a minimum of 5 was recommended to me by another creator that I trust in that regard.
One of the reasons being that patreon + taxes + conversion + payout rates basically reduce the 1$ to basically nothing. :p
I am also not from the USA, and 1 dollar is already 0.80 euros or so at the moment. Not to mention that I live in a country where prices for everything are fairly high too.

So yeah, I'd rather have people keep their 1$ rather than it being reduced to nothing before it reaches me. haha
Trust me, I appreciate any support to a great extent... but personally I wouldn't like most of the money to go to something else other than the one I want to support either.

Last edited:

simak42

Feb 1, 2018
Hey, my lowest tier is 5$. And I do understand your point of view as to that 100 x 1 may seem like much.. However, a minimum of 5 was recommended to me by another creator that I trust in that regard.
One of the reasons being that patreon + taxes + conversion + payout rates basically reduce the 1$ to basically nothing. :p
I am also not from the USA, and 1 dollar is already 0.80 euros or so at the moment. Not to mention that I live in a country where prices for everything are fairly high too.

So yeah, I'd rather have people keep their 1$ rather than it being reduced to nothing before it reaches me. haha
From my country, in order to subscribe to you for 5 dollars, I still have to pay 1 dollar VAT, which comes out in 6 dollars. For each additional dollar, 0.20 is added. I understand they still collect from you?
By the way, some have changed the first positions of the subscription for 2 and 4 dollars and for me this is still acceptable.
Although this is just a tip, unfortunately I have no way to support yet . :(

Last edited:

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
From my country, in order to subscribe to you for 5 dollars, I still have to pay 1 dollar VAT, which comes out in 6 dollars. For each additional dollar, 0.20 is added. I understand they still collect from you?
By the way, some have changed the first positions of the subscription for 2 and 4 dollars and for me this is still acceptable.
Although this is just a tip, unfortunately I have no way to support yet . :(
Currently I have 2 patrons, 1 for 10 and 1 for 15, Patreon takes 1$ away for each. So instead of 25, I earn 23 at the moment. And that is excluding conversion/payout etc. But no worries, I understand your position. Unfortunately I don't think I'll lower my subscription prices for now, even if it loses me quite some patrons... but I hope eventually the game and the patron benefits will be worth it enough to become a patron anyway =)

simak42

Feb 1, 2018
Unfortunately I don't think I'll lower my subscription prices for now, even if it loses me quite some patrons... but I hope eventually the game and the patron benefits will be worth it enough to become a patron anyway =)
I think you misunderstood me. I am not asking you to lower your subscription, I am asking you to add positions below $ 5.

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
Ah, my bad. I was mixing a couple of things up. I'll add one for 4$. Cheers

Edit: I removed it again. I'll admit, it highly bothered me that the three main tiers wouldn't show up without clicking an extra button.
Would have kept it if Patreon allowed to be able to show the important tiers by editing how the page looks.. unfortunately that's not the case.
I don't mind the Hero tier not showing up as easily, as it's not one of the tiers that I'd like to focus on. 5,10 and 15 are the ones that most encourage a community, which is what I'd like.
Didn't have a Patron on that tier yet, so I don't feel too guilty :p

I might add it eventually, but not at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: simak42

MaskOfMirth

Mar 7, 2020
I could see myself enjoying this game, but its so badly optimized that its nearly unplayable. I should be getting much better performance with an i7/1050ti than what I am getting currently.

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
I could see myself enjoying this game, but its so badly optimized that its nearly unplayable. I should be getting much better performance with an i7/1050ti than what I am getting currently.
Weird, I am running an i7 (4770 so it's old too)/1070 and I am getting 60 FPS. While I want to focus every fifth patch on optimization (0.0.5, 0.0.10 etc) I did make sure it was at least playable. How much FPS are you getting? What are your settings? How much RAM do you have? Are you playing on a notebook/laptop? If yes, is the power plugged in and is it running on max performance power setting?

The game is by no means GPU bound, so you having a worse GPU than mine shouldn't be the cause and I doubt your CPU is worse than mine, as mine is 8 years old :p

Edit: I was wrong, I was mainly getting 30~ FPS. Still fairly smooth but not 60 or 15 nevertheless.

Last edited:

MaskOfMirth

Mar 7, 2020
Weird, I am running an i7 (4770 so it's old too)/1070 and I am getting 60 FPS. While I want to focus every fifth patch on optimization (0.0.5, 0.0.10 etc) I did make sure it was at least playable. How much FPS are you getting? What are your settings? How much RAM do you have? Are you playing on a notebook/laptop? If yes, is the power plugged in and is it running on max performance power setting?

The game is by no means GPU bound, so you having a worse GPU than mine shouldn't be the cause and I doubt your CPU is worse than mine, as mine is 8 years old :p
I'm getting an average of 15fps and its using 1.2k MB. I'm using a PC with 16GB of RAM so there really is no good excuse for why the performance is so terrible. I got nothing

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
Although I don't think it's a game related issue (Since other players haven't mentioned any issues, and I can't recreate the issue on a similar-spec PC), I'll include some optimization in 0.0.2, including world streaming, which should help quite a lot in that department. Please let me know if the issues are gone once that comes out.

Edit:
Hey! I put up two public polls since they are fairly important to try and gather information in regards to what people want.
You can find the polls here:

Edit2:

Arbora's more definitive look in 0.0.2:

The image is in scene view, thus the details aren't there yet, and it's still WIP.. But I have been working on it for tons of hours so I just wanted to show it off. :)

Last edited:

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
To reward all the people who decide to become a patron early on in development, I've included a special offer on Patreon. Everyone becoming a $10+ member during this time will get the early birds role on my discord server, which will basically be a permanent "hero" tier. Gaining access to monthly sketches permanently. People who currently already are a patron are included.

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
Hey guys! It's been a little while.
I have posted a couple of updates on Patreon already, however I will be sharing an important update here!

Screenshot_34.png

Done myself proud (Optimization)
I am not even completely done in regards to optimization, however I'll do the rest of what I need to do in 0.0.3.

In this screenshot you can see that the "PlayerLoop" is below 16ms. This means that the game officially runs at 60+ FPS! There are tiny hiccups here and there, mainly when loading things, but so far I am getting mainly a number between 12-16ms!

I know I stated that I would mainly use 0.0.5, 0.0.10, 0.0.15 etc as optimization updates, however I figured I needed to lay a firm groundwork in regards to performance (Which can still be improved upon!) so I don't have to dedicate every 5th update to optimization, but rather, since my groundwork is actually firmly laid out right now, I can use every 5th update as not only an optimization update, but also to work on actual content that I was either lacking behind on or I can actually work ahead of schedule.

This is part of the reason why there will be no combat in 0.0.2 yet as I had to put a TON of time into working on this, but this only means bigger & better updates in the future!
To further compare it with 0.0.1, I used to generally have about 30-40ms which equals to about 30 FPS.
Expected release of 0.0.2 is in about 1-2 days! Hope you'll enjoy it! =)

PS: I'll admit, part of the reason why I focused heavily on optimization was because I felt bad MaskOfMirth was getting 15 FPS (Assuming other people would too). So I hope they can enjoy the next update too! =)

Last edited:
Reactions: slimehorse

Fishy12

Mar 16, 2019
I am so excited for the next release, but what happend to that certain release? Did something happen to the developer?

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote