Should I share public patreon as new posts in here?

• Total voters

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
Hey everyone!
0.0.4 will be here in early August.
And although I've said before that 0.0.3 will be the last public release, I've decided to extend the free releases up to 0.0.5. Cheers =)

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
I'll try and set up a mac version; only thing is I don't have a mac myself so I can't troubleshoot any issues that might arise from having a mac whatsoever.

I'll try to include it with 0.0.4.

Yellow Pheaver

Jan 20, 2019
i cant load this game, makes both of my computer screens go black, and says the game isnt responding have to force close it

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
i cant load this game, makes both of my computer screens go black, and says the game isnt responding have to force close it
Are you on windows 7, windows 11 or a 32-bit system?
What loading screen are you crashing at? The one from main menu to the intro video or the one from intro video to the main game?

Yellow Pheaver

Jan 20, 2019
Are you on windows 7, windows 11 or a 32-bit system?
What loading screen are you crashing at? The one from main menu to the intro video or the one from intro video to the main game?
as soon as i double click the game in the folder, it freezes both my screens and they go black, then it flickers, then it comes back to the main screen to where you can press New Game, but doesnt work bc i get a constant loading mouse pointer then says the game isnt responding.... Windows 11 64 bit

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
as soon as i double click the game in the folder, it freezes both my screens and they go black, then it flickers, then it comes back to the main screen to where you can press New Game, but doesnt work bc i get a constant loading mouse pointer then says the game isnt responding.... Windows 11 64 bit
Ahh, windows 11 eh, I figured it'd be a non-windows 10 :p.
If you could please send me your player.log in AppData\LocalLow\Mystiko Games\Lugdunia_ The Rift
Although if I am honest, I think it's just my unity editor not being up to date for windows 11, nor am I on windows 11 myself so I can't promise any fix. Paired with the fact that windows 11 is very much in beta...

You get the idea haha.

I could update my editor (Which is doubt it would even fix it) but that'd heavily break my scripts to the point where I wouldn't like doing that coin toss at the moment.
The biggest hope is that Windows 11 will just fix it themselves in future updates.

Reactions: 9inchz

A$$A

Feb 28, 2019
Ahh, windows 11 eh, I figured it'd be a non-windows 10 :p.
If you could please send me your player.log in AppData\LocalLow\Mystiko Games\Lugdunia_ The Rift
Although if I am honest, I think it's just my unity editor not being up to date for windows 11, nor am I on windows 11 myself so I can't promise any fix. Paired with the fact that windows 11 is very much in beta...

You get the idea haha.

I could update my editor (Which is doubt it would even fix it) but that'd heavily break my scripts to the point where I wouldn't like doing that coin toss at the moment.
The biggest hope is that Windows 11 will just fix it themselves in future updates.
same thing happened to me when i click new game it shows loading for one second then " press escape for skip " but if you do nothing gonna happen it just stay like that forever ( windows 7 )

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
same thing happened to me when i click new game it shows loading for one second then " press escape for skip " but if you do nothing gonna happen it just stay like that forever ( windows 7 )
Yep. The current download is for Windows 10 only.
Basically for Windows 7, the unity editor's movie player is incompatible hence why you're getting the crash, the only thing I can do is remove the movie and reupload, which is something I'll do soon so the Win 7 folks can play. (But not today, as it's 4AM and I still need to sleep :p)

A$$A

Feb 28, 2019
Basically for Windows 7, the unity editor's movie player is incompatible hence why you're getting the crash, the only thing I can do is remove the movie and reupload, which is something I'll do soon so the Win 7 folks can play. (But not today, as it's 4AM and I still need to sleep :p)
sure bro no prob it can wait :D

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Running Win 8.1, I don't get the movie player crash but the game isn't really in a playable state yet IMO. I gave up after it got stuck during the first conversation with my mom (no 'next' or 'continue' or whatever, just two bits of dialogue which didn't go away).

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
Running Win 8.1, I don't get the movie player crash but the game isn't really in a playable state yet IMO. I gave up after it got stuck during the first conversation with my mom (no 'next' or 'continue' or whatever, just two bits of dialogue which didn't go away).
Again, I can only promise stability at Windows 10 because that's where I can actually test everything and I know my unity is compatible with it, but if you had actually gotten that far, it's basically impossible for you to be at a point where that conversation caused you to get stuck.

Alternatively to the continue button you can press space, however I am fairly sure that the reason you got stuck is because you had to select an answer. However, if you could create a screenshot wherever you got stuck, I'd appreciate it and look into it.

Of course windows 8.1 vs windows 10 may be making the difference, but I've gone through that convo thousands of times to where I am 100% sure you can't get stuck there in windows 10.

Last edited:

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
it's basically impossible for you to be at a point where that conversation caused you to get stuck.
I almost got stuck before that when the menu popped up over the game screen and there was no way to click any of the buttons or exit it because it seemed that the game input was still stuck on the 'look around/move' game screen. I managed to 'unstick it' eventually, but I'm not sure how I did it.
[EDIT] Same thing happened again, but it looks like you just need to hit ESCAPE to get the cursor to display.
Alternatively to the continue button you can press space, however I am fairly sure that the reason you got stuck is because you had to select an answer.
I'll check (it will take a while) but I'm pretty certain there were no answers to be selected at that point. BTW, does Enter work as well as space? I don't remember if I tried space or not, but I definitely tried Enter.
[EDIT] I couldn't get it to repeat, but I suspect that what happened was that there were answers to select, but the mouse cursor wasn't displaying so you couldn't do anything.

[EDITx2] This game really enforces social distancing! If you get closer than 1.5 meters from NPCs they vanish.

Last edited:

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
This game really enforces social distancing! If you get closer than 1.5 meters from NPCs they vanish.
Set your quality settings to high & if that doesn't work try save & loading please.
I can't replicate the issue but these things would narrow down the issue for me to work on it.

xDarknessZ

Dec 17, 2016
For me, the save system is not working, it keeps i think setting my quests to the start every time i load and the load is only possible starting a new game.

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
For me, the save system is not working, it keeps i think setting my quests to the start every time i load and the load is only possible starting a new game.
I am not entirely sure what you mean, but I'll look into it :unsure:

Is there a name for that 3d background artstyle?
I don't know, I just created a separate scene and set everything up then made a screenshot because I thought it'd be nice :KEK:

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote