Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is very much a downgrade.
The part of the free roam was all about the events that earned most praise.
VN just goes one way and only the way of the story - no real choice, just moving forward the plot and advancing through the events.
Free roam is also fun when done right - incremental fun activities that go on for a while and then advance the plot with the sense that MC really put in some of his own effort, rather than just have fate slap him around - which it does copiously in this game.

Reactions: RottenPlum
Dec 29, 2018
Really glad the game went back to being a VN.

Would be nice to see a free roam part somehow converted to VN too, so new players and those replaying can have a consistent experience. Just a thought.
Also, there seems to be a risk of missing content from the free-roaming section if you don't do them in a certain order. I missed the Ella dinner and whatnot because I did Kim's stuff first, and that leads you right into Rachel's stuff which is part of the new VN section with in turn leads you to the end of version screen. So I also think that converting that whole free roam section would make the game better overall. Although I don't know how much work that would be.

Reactions: Valeck and botc76

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
VN just goes one way and only the way of the story - no real choice, just moving forward the plot and advancing through the events.
Free roam is also fun when done right - incremental fun activities that go on for a while and then advance the plot with the sense that MC really put in some of his own effort, rather than just have fate slap him around - which it does copiously in this game.
The problem being that the free-roam mode in this game sucked balls. I can only chime in to the chorus of relief that the VN style is back.

Hopefully the game will now be as much fun as before.

Lingam

Oct 20, 2017
Fully in agreement! I'm really starting to skip over games in Free Roam style, they are so rarely worthwhile to bounce from area to area and room to room.

Great change!
That's often because you keep running into WIP signs everywhere. An open world before it's filled with content is just going to be empty and most games here stop early in development.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
To be fair, a sandbox game can be OK if done well. But, what's true too is the fact that when a game begin in the VN way, the sandbox is NOT what "customer" paid for. So the switch is always met with drama and more drama. It's as if you paid for a 6 beer pack, you drink the third beer but SURPRISE : it's not beer anymore but orange juice...
That's why I'm glad they went back to VN style.

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
well ; sandbox or not , that his choice , all the best for him ! i hope more content will be add for every update release , i hope his not distracted about the other game work whats call mmm yeah Married After 40 ( i didnt like this game with FC stuff ).

magus448

May 22, 2018
Not sure how to get the Rachel/Beth path, unless it's the not tell her you know choice. Only the Rachel Path is labeled. I'd assume it's the not labeled ones but the out comes are pretty similar so it's hard to tell if anything changes other than the journey to get there.

3.60 star(s) 60 Votes