Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
This game got a lot of strong points, but the fact that beating it fully actually robs you of an emotional high you feel you deserve for going though it is nuts.
Fully agreed on this. I feel like both the 50% and 100% endings just feel fundamentally out of place. The 50% one just ends out of the blue without giving any kind of closure to the characters, where Geminis finally gets captured but then gets her comeuppance with what feels like a background event and the rest of the girls are brought back to just stand around. And the 100% ending is honestly an okay sequel tease if Vosmug's intention is to reuse these characters at some point for another game in the future... but not a good ending to THIS game on its own because of the tonal whiplash where you go from playing as the villain and rooting for them to fail to the game suddenly wanting you to feel sorry for them.

Maybe if the 100% "escape" path had more actual content, or did a surprise late-game protagonist swap for one last level, of Kaari sneaking around the alien base to rescue everyone else while also showcasing a few more sex scenes of them in captivity, I think it might've landed a little better, of easing the player into that new perspective. But just one extra cutscene of them talking in their prison cell really isn't enough to sell it.

Reactions: Strategus

Strategus

May 12, 2018
Maybe if the 100% "escape" path had more actual content, or did a surprise late-game protagonist swap for one last level, of Kaari sneaking around the alien base to rescue everyone else while also showcasing a few more sex scenes of them in captivity, I think it might've landed a little better, of easing the player into that new perspective. But just one extra cutscene of them talking in their prison cell really isn't enough to sell it.

Honestly, I feel like even if the game let the escape be playable I would just fail it or something. For the whole game it was our goal to mess with those girls. Sure, MC might care more about escaping, but from the player's POV we are trying to get those girls dicked by aliens as a focus. And MC is also not above it as well, as we see in a CAOS agent double sex scene with Gaj.

So to me, 75% felt like what I was building up towards them becoming sex slaves as a completion goal, only for it to be undone and snatched away. Be it in a cutscene or even in gameplay, it's still taking away that win from a player.

(P.S. Also the full ending hints that BlueHair and D-63 know each other, yet we never see any hint of that earlier? Even in the rape scene mentioned above he doesn't choose to fuck her. It feels like a last minute line to explain why MC would help her, but just ends up feeling out of place)

Apahguinsimo

Feb 6, 2018
I'm completely stumped on "Find a Way to Open the Bridge." The first objective after becoming a half orc. I got the chip from the leg, but I almost positive I've been to every accessible room and used every interactable yet the bridge is not open. Does anyone know how to proceed?

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
I'm completely stumped on "Find a Way to Open the Bridge." The first objective after becoming a half orc. I got the chip from the leg, but I almost positive I've been to every accessible room and used every interactable yet the bridge is not open. Does anyone know how to proceed?
I'm just going from memory here so I might have the order of events a little mixed up, but have you interacted with the broken door in the main hallway, where the aliens' Class-A prison cell used to be? After examining the door, you can interact with Gar and ask him to help you force it open.

The chip from the leg is an optional item for unlocking the best ending. What you are currently trying to do is make an explosive to blow open the bridge door.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Apahguinsimo

Apahguinsimo

Feb 6, 2018
I'm just going from memory here so I might have the order of events a little mixed up, but have you interacted with the broken door in the main hallway, where the aliens' Class-A prison cell used to be? After examining the door, you can interact with Gar and ask him to help you force it open.
That did it, thanks. So it was an order of operations thing, I must have talked to alienbro before the door.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Miss Y

Apahguinsimo

Feb 6, 2018
This was a good game, most of the scenes felt earned. There are a few points that seem illogical, for instance there are 2 points where you use the drone to incapacitate someone with the shock but never again can you do this, even when it's just 1 person in a room alone with a vent above them. The game would be better if there were "side scenes" that result from some choices you make, not part of the main story and easily missed on a first run, but you can reach if you are a bit creative with your actions.

My only problem with the scenes is the lack of variety for each character, for instance Sai only has futa and tentacle scenes, I waited the whole game for a scene of her captured with the big xenoboys but it never came. Also Sallika was dead weight in this game, all she did was get captured and fucked. Sai carried that team as far as she could alone, she was the only character I felt bad for during the captive ending.

My biggest disappointment is that you never get to see what happens with the CAOS girls in the Captive ending, which made it incomplete. I thought the camera was panning over to them at the end but it was the player and that character from Xenotake, who I had no investment in since she was in the game for about 40 seconds.

I felt like the Captive ending is what the whole game was building toward, from the beginning with a male PC I expected the girls would all end up as alien sex slaves. However it was underwhelming, aside from only involving 3 of the 5 girls it quickly pans away and you can't pause. This ending would have been a great reward if it had multiple progressing stages like the story animations in Vena and Xenotake, maybe involving different girls being cycled in and out in different positions at each stage. If it was interactive even slightly it would have been much more satisfying, especially with some dialogue on the girls' reaction to their fate.

Apahguinsimo

Feb 6, 2018
I'm wondering if I've run into a glitch. When I drop the bug down the hole there's a room with nothing in it. When I navigate around occasionally a prompt for Class A Cell and Service Hall shows up in red, but nothing happens when I hit 'X' or any other button on them. Am I missing something?
the blown up room below the aliens' old cell? I don't remember a problem there, spacebar always worked to transition between areas. I don't remember using X for that

Xeline

Feb 3, 2023
Fully agreed on this. I feel like both the 50% and 100% endings just feel fundamentally out of place. The 50% one just ends out of the blue without giving any kind of closure to the characters, where Geminis finally gets captured but then gets her comeuppance with what feels like a background event and the rest of the girls are brought back to just stand around. And the 100% ending is honestly an okay sequel tease if Vosmug's intention is to reuse these characters at some point for another game in the future... but not a good ending to THIS game on its own because of the tonal whiplash where you go from playing as the villain and rooting for them to fail to the game suddenly wanting you to feel sorry for them.

I agree, I think the problem isn't that the ending is a "good end" for the female antagonists, but more rather that it doesn't feel earned by them and the game's writing doesn't justify the flashback/maguffin that leads them to their freedom.

golwas

Jul 8, 2017
Yes I'm glad I had the 100% ending spoiled for me before trying for it. I'm not actually sure how bad the antagonist girls really were since I skipped a lot of dialogue, but from what I glimmed they weren't particularly evil. So I can see the sense in giving the player the choice of freeing them, but I think having it linked to a 100% ending is the wrong approach. Especially since this isn't a game with much replay value. It's not like there's branching storylines.

Akina007

Sep 1, 2018
How do I beat this boss? I have to move my cursor to the alien's eye but I can't reach it
Its easy, just needs some agility, you've made it that far in the game so you know how interaction works

-stay ready to control block and try to perform actions faster
-scan the area
-hit those rods over the roof until they fall on the floor
-pick the rod
-charge it with the generator on the left
-charge it ones, hit them once, rinse and repeat 3 times

Xeline

Feb 3, 2023
Yes I'm glad I had the 100% ending spoiled for me before trying for it. I'm not actually sure how bad the antagonist girls really were since I skipped a lot of dialogue, but from what I glimmed they weren't particularly evil. So I can see the sense in giving the player the choice of freeing them, but I think having it linked to a 100% ending is the wrong approach. Especially since this isn't a game with much replay value. It's not like there's branching storylines.
If there were meaningful branching paths, and more time spent with these characters to know them more, I think it would be better. The script also could've used a few revisions/rewrites. Wouldn't have minded another hour of gameplay or two.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
I agree, I think the problem isn't that the ending is a "good end" for the female antagonists, but more rather that it doesn't feel earned by them and the game's writing doesn't justify the flashback/maguffin that leads them to their freedom.
A female protag would've worked better, too, showing how benevolent she is in a good ending--all these girls that tried to screw her over, she still helped them, like a hero.

It's harder to have a "good" ending when the male protag is a r*pist scumbag. It doesn't really thematically fit.

Xeline

Feb 3, 2023
A female protag would've worked better, too, showing how benevolent she is in a good ending--all these girls that tried to screw her over, she still helped them, like a hero.

It's harder to have a "good" ending when the male protag is a r*pist scumbag. It doesn't really thematically fit.
I mean the protagonist in this is more ruthless than malevolent so I think that helps, but I agree, but then again reverse the gender here and it would still be a person who sets others up to be assaulted because it benefits their plan. So I'm not sure your belief here is as sound as you think...

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
I mean the protagonist in this is more ruthless than malevolent so I think that helps, but I agree, but then again reverse the gender here and it would still be a person who sets others up to be assaulted because it benefits their plan. So I'm not sure your belief here is as sound as you think...
Looks like reason Vos did the male POV was because it's easier to write them as cruel and being okay with the assaults. However, since he's very much a nasty drug-addict-looking creep, it doesn't exactly make anyone want him to be "good." But it doesn't fully embrace the r**pist role either, which is really what most gamers are looking for with a male POV. Either they're heroic and get the girl, or they're evil and r*pe the girl. This odd "sort of evil, sort of don't care" isn't particularly motivating, and I doubt anyone will even remember this protagonist in a year or so.

Xeline

Feb 3, 2023
Looks like reason Vos did the male POV was because it's easier to write them as cruel and being okay with the assaults. However, since he's very much a nasty drug-addict-looking creep, it doesn't exactly make anyone want him to be "good." But it doesn't fully embrace the r**pist role either, which is really what most gamers are looking for with a male POV. Either they're heroic and get the girl, or they're evil and r*pe the girl. This odd "sort of evil, sort of don't care" isn't particularly motivating, and I doubt anyone will even remember this protagonist in a year or so.
I kind of appreciate that the protagonist here is more "ruthless, apathetic, and mission-focused" than particularly "sadistic, cruel, and women-hating". It adds layers of nuance that aren't typical with villainous protagonists in this medium. Does the author PULL IT OFF WELL though? That's the question I'm not finding compelling answers to, personally.

Reactions: plmlp
3.60 star(s) 37 Votes