ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
Because sandbox allows other things, such as secret images, repeatable scenes, optional side story scenes etc. that break up the story. It gets boring just clicking through a story without breaks imo.

Sandbox doesn't always mean choice in story. Take the new God of War games for example. They're huge open world games, but they have a linear story. The open world just allows for extra things for the player to do instead of constantly chasing the story.
Well, God of War isn't a sandbox game, it's a single player action adventure game. Garry's mod is a good example of a sandbox. What defines sandbox games is creative freedom. Which this game doesn't really have since there isn't really anything for the player to do in the world. I would say it plays more like a kinetic novel that's broken up into pieces because of that.

Anyway, I'm not really here to argue, I just think that stories built with a sandbox architecture promise a certain degree of adventure, independence, and freedom to the player, either by a branching narrative or by being able to pursue a particular character's route. As it stands, I can't just choose to interact with Claire I have to interact with other characters to continue her route which can be frustrating. The point being, that the player doesn't really have any control over the story because the developer wants the player to experience the story in a certain way. Which is fine, I just don't think that sandbox is the right vehicle. KN or VN imo are superior for that.

Last edited:

PTGames

Developer of Lunar's Chosen
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
Well, God of War isn't a sandbox game, it's a single player action adventure game. Garry's mod is a good example of a sandbox. What defines sandbox games is creative freedom. Which this game doesn't really have since there isn't really anything for the player to do in the world. I would say it plays more like a kinetic novel that's broken up into pieces because of that.

Anyway, I'm not really here to argue, I just think that stories built with a sandbox architecture promise a certain degree of adventure, independence, and freedom to the player, either by a branching narrative or by being able to pursue a particular character's route. As it stands, I can't just choose to interact with Claire I have to interact with other characters to continue her route which can be frustrating. The point being, that the player doesn't really have any control over the story because the developer wants the player to experience the story in a certain way. Which is fine, I just don't think that sandbox is the right vehicle. KN or VN imo are superior for that.
Personally I'd not call it sandbox, I'd more refer to it as open world. Lot's of side things to go and see and do, but ultimately a linear story. Unfortunately, the forums only have the sandbox tag, so that's what we get stuck with.

Secret images can be fun, but "click every pixel of every screen to find the invisible thing to unlock a secret image" is not the way to do it.
Normally I'd agree, but since there's easy ways to cheese it in Ren'py, I don't mind using that method. I am moving move away from it in Episode 2 though.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Because:

A. It's the devs game, they're telling a story they want to tell. Removing all of Claire's content would remove a chunk of a story I want to tell.

B. Giving choices would require far more work, which would take time away from developing other content.

C. There are 1000's of adult games around, why do you feel that every one should cater to you?

D. Insulting devs and other peoples kinks is a great way to get a dev to completely ignore your requests.
Because you Dev's want more support, and the more you can be flexible in your stories the more support you will get and of course money, that's why - and by the way I'm not insulting anyones fetish desires - even though I may hate them, I am simply asking for alittle more consideration of those that don't like such fetishes - I never said to eliminate Claires content, just make it so we are not forced to play it to advance the story. You cannot progress unless you go through all the scenes with everyone

Last edited:

PTGames

Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
Because you Dev's want more support, and the more you can be flexible in your stories the more support you will get and of course money, that's why - and by the way I'm not insulting anyones fetish desires - even though I may hate them, I am simply asking for alittle more consideration of those that don't like such fetishes - I never said to eliminate Claires content, just make it so we are not forced to play it to advance the story. You cannot progress unless you go through all the scenes with everyone
You called the people taking part in it whores and cheaters and have just said the club "is sick" and that the people there are doing things "No decent person would" and you are saying you're not insulting them?

Please leave the thread, the games not for you and frankly you're just ignorant and rude.

ChaosStar0

Jul 16, 2023
What does the CTRL Button Do? and it is not all Claires scenes I wish to not play / avoid it's her club which I feel is sick / my feelings about it are my own - these women and men are there doing things no decent person would - especially if they are in a relationship
That is specifically insulting a person's fetish. The club is a way for people to engage in BDSM in a safe place and find other people who are into BDSM. Don't try to force your twisted views of what is normal onto others.

PTGames

Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
wow - so it is an ass if you don't like BDSM and cheating????
No, you're an ass if you word it like an ass.

"This isn't for me personally." - Not an ass.

"It's sick" "No decent person would do this" "people who do this are whores and cheaters" - Huge ass.

The fact you don't understand that is baffling... As I said, the game isn't for you, just leave the thread and forget it exists for everyone's benefit.

PTGames

Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
Reactions: larsalexanderson

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
If you want a longer answer there is always the blog post on . But Like PT said the reasons are prety simple and intuitive.

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Hi there,
Love the game.
Got a crash.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

also

Transferring your save files to the new location:

Open your appdata folder by going to your start menu and typing %appdata% and hitting enter.

Then go here:

AppData\Roaming\LunarsChosen-1549893754

should be

AppData\Roaming\Renpy\LunarsChosen-1549893754

3.90 star(s) 87 Votes