BabayMonsta

Oct 17, 2018
I think it's just from the option to sneak into their rooms at night.
I have no idea how this became such a huge thing that every 2 VN has this option. But isn't the tag "sleep sex" enough in that case? Fine Ill try the game:coffee:

TarAlcarin

Mar 21, 2018
I find it extremely encouraging that Bear in the Night wants examples of poor English from the game, in order to improve it. This attitude is commendable and deserves to be praised.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These are the results of spending 10 minutes in the game in order to gather a few concrete examples for you, but there are frankly loads of these. Don't get me wrong; the English in this game is quite good overall. It's obvious that the writers vocabulary is extensive. In fact, the dialogue sometimes becomes somewhat flowery because of this. (For better or worse.) It seems to me that what your writing team and/or proofreader(s) are struggling with, more than anything else, are English idioms. That is, typically English ways of expressing different sentiments. This is symptomatic of someone who is using English as their second language and is not quite fluent. Finding someone who is fluent in both English and whatever language author's mother-tongue is, is most likely a hard task.

I wouldn't be complaining about this if it hadn't been for the fact that I played through the entire first season of the game without noticing similar issues. Now, I'm sure there are still both misspellings, grammatical errors and weird phrasings in the first season as well, but the point is that they didn't stick out to me. However, immediately upon completion of the first season, I started playing season two. The difference was striking. After searching through this thread, I see that I'm not alone in noticing this. My guess is that your translation team changed between the first and second season. Not that it's actually any of my business, but this change was very noticeable and not for the better.

For the record, I'm still playing through the second season, so I don't know what (if anything) changes with regards to the writing and translation in season three.

Reactions: MarsUltor

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I find it extremely encouraging that Bear in the Night wants examples of poor English from the game, in order to improve it. This attitude is commendable and deserves to be praised.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These are the results of spending 10 minutes in the game in order to gather a few concrete examples for you, but there are frankly loads of these. Don't get me wrong; the English in this game is quite good overall. It's obvious that the writers vocabulary is extensive. In fact, the dialogue sometimes becomes somewhat flowery because of this. (For better or worse.) It seems to me that what your writing team and/or proofreader(s) are struggling with, more than anything else, are English idioms. That is, typically English ways of expressing different sentiments. This is symptomatic of someone who is using English as their second language and is not quite fluent. Finding someone who is fluent in both English and whatever language author's mother-tongue is, is most likely a hard task.

I wouldn't be complaining about this if it hadn't been for the fact that I played through the entire first season of the game without noticing similar issues. Now, I'm sure there are still both misspellings, grammatical errors and weird phrasings in the first season as well, but the point is that they didn't stick out to me. However, immediately upon completion of the first season, I started playing season two. The difference was striking. After searching through this thread, I see that I'm not alone in noticing this. My guess is that your translation team changed between the first and second season. Not that it's actually any of my business, but this change was very noticeable and not for the better.

For the record, I'm still playing through the second season, so I don't know what (if anything) changes with regards to the writing and translation in season three.
Hey!
Yeah, I'm always here to make our game better :)
Thanks for your help!
In fact, S1 still has bad English, and we haven't proofread it yet; by far, we did a massive grammar update for S2 (1.12.1d), and for sure, S3 usually gets proofread, too.

reddmann23

Jun 26, 2022
I'm like halfway into season 2. Is the writing just as bad in season 3 as it is in season 2? A lot of the lines in season 2 make me want to gauge my eyes out, so I just want to be prepared.

Wafunoy

Dec 3, 2021
I'm playing using apk and I tried updating the app and it failed, do I transfer the save, uninstall season 1 and install season 2 after? IMG_20231225_164811.jpg IMG_20231225_164903.jpg

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Ho-ho-ho, Marry X-Mas DevBlog update 12/25

Greetings, witches and wizards! Welcome to our weekly DevUpdate!
Let's kick things off with one of our cherished dad jokes:
What's a ghost's favorite dessert?

Boo-berry pie.

Ha-ha-ha, that's a good one! Now, let's get down to business. We want to discuss all the things we've done this week:
  • Created 67 new renders with Vanessa, Kayla, Eva and Sabrina
  • Retouched those 67 renders to maximize their magical atmosphere!
  • Finished the planning for Haley's storyline for version 3.7.1
  • Finished the planning for Kayla's storyline for version 3.7.1
  • Finished the planning for Ashley's storyline for version 3.7.1
That's all for today! Stay tuned for updates, and have a fantastic week.
And here's a friendly reminder: miracles are real but happen only for those who believe in them.

Sincerely yours,
Bear in the Night team.

qweasd55

Nov 28, 2018
For anyone who wants a Guide,
Here are copies of my Gameplays for:-
"Season 3" ( To end of v3.5.1(d)) ,

Please Note that in this update the three New Gallery images are NOT tired to any Quest.

All Gallery images have been unlocked,
All Quests completed.
Mini games not done
Duelling at "Level Ten"
(End of Gameplays Saves included)
NB.
These Gameplays are for the (PC) SANDBOX mode

Hope this helps, good luck and have fun.
Do you have link for update ?

fifo5310

Feb 25, 2018
And....Marry Christmas and Happy new year from Bear in the Night team!

Dear Friends,
As the magical season of Christmas approaches, I find myself reflecting on the past year and all the wonderful moments we've shared. It's been a journey filled with learning, growth, and an abundance of support from each one of you.
This holiday season, I want to extend my heartfelt thanks and warmest wishes to you and your families. May your homes be filled with joy, laughter, and the timeless spirit of Christmas. Let's cherish these moments of togetherness, love, and kindness.
As we look forward to the new year, I am excited about what lies ahead and the opportunity to continue this incredible journey with you all. Your continued support and engagement mean the world to me.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas filled with happiness and a New Year brimming with new possibilities and adventures.
Stay safe, stay joyful, and let's make the upcoming year our best one yet!
With warm regards and festive cheer,
Sam Torres
CEO Bear in the Night

New_Year_1 (1).png New_Year_2.png New_Year_3.png New_Year_4.png New_Year_5.png New_Year_6.png New_Year_7 (1).png New_Year_8.png New_Year_9.png New_Year_10.png

Rhastor

Feb 3, 2018
Does the prologue end?

I have been just clicking through without reading any text for a very long time.

It ends eventually, right?

This really needs to be marked as a kinetic novel.

3.80 star(s) 164 Votes