Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
good update (y) my top 3 girls are Sam, Haley and Lily but Sam still number1 :love: i also think the sandbox is implemented well and once all the bugs are ironed out works well with the overall style of game your going for, just 1 thing im not too keen on is the mini games but they are ok and maybe an auto win to speed up the fighting
Thanks for good words :)
All games have a skip button, for sure we can do autowin\easy money\etc cheat mode, but won't it ruin a gameplay?

Reactions: Mikey_Boy101

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
All games have a skip button, for sure we can do autowin\easy money\etc cheat mode, but won't it ruin a gameplay?
Well not everyone plays for the reward of playing perfectly, but more for the story. Those kind of people will appreciate less grind for points/money or be able to cheat them and pass mini games with auto win. :p Remember one persons fun is always someone elses pet hate.

So unless you think someone is not worthy to see the story and fun bits without paying the admittance price for them or the game is all about paying the admittance price and no story or good bits to speak of, why not give those to players? :p It is not if people that like the more gamey parts are forced to use the cheats or auto win.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
You get all kinds of folk playing games mate, some are in it to play the game as it was designed, and others just want to get on with the story, a non penalty skip button makes it possible for both types to enjoy your game. I liked the potion mini game, just wasnt invested enough in the cafe one to memorise the lists

I am in it for the story personally. I do appreciate how difficult it is to write a sandbox and get everything working on time, but I can thelp but feel that your time would be better invested on developing the story, but end of day it is your call

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
And I just want to say, I bloody well hate that this is a sandbox it has ruined the game

When will devs learn...

You have good renders, good models, a damned decent story

and instead of being able to read and interact with this visual novel I have to run around clicking daft wee books and getting bugged out to my desktop every 10 minutes

I am pissed off because this could be a REALLy good game if you ditched the unnecessary sandbox and used your considerable talents to focus on images and story rathe rthan click click click bloody clickathons
" with this visual novel " Eh What Visual Novel ? Are you sure you are on the right forum?
Lust Academy is NOT a visual novel, it's a Game that contains minigames (Without "Skip buttons" Hint Hint :p )
If you want a visual novel then I would highly recommend that you
try the web site fap-nation and search for "Sunstone" /"Mercy" by Stjepan Sejic.

Reactions: filochard

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
This is a public forum where people give their views on a game, how it can be improved and what they like about it. Generally we all have the freedom to not read another person's post if we disagree with it.

But something to think about, if there are indeed ten pages of complaint about the sandbox, then perhaps the dev would be wise to consider other options.

It is the devs game, a rather obvious statement but nonetheless correct, he reacted in a very professional manner to my statement about the sandbox, and did not accuse me or anyone else of whining. There are many reasons a dev will put a game up in a forum such as this, one of them is to gauge feedback and make necessary adjustments, so rather than calling it whining, I would suggest that any such feedback is possibly a valuable method of identifying things that can be improved.
You don't know how it hard to be such "correct" :D
Yeah, we read everything and it was a thoughtful choice, as we want to give players freedom of choice in actions. We have no grind mechanics, in the current form we introduce them (collecting books, working in the cafe, etc.) and they are all optional. Like night visits and girls' routes.
We also have a quest log and "Fast travel" system, so you don't need to seek the right character.
In the future, we plan to work more deeply with the characters and do something like "dungeons" - a mini adventure with girls (like mini VN in a sandbox system) + side quests and routes.

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
This is a public forum where people give their views on a game, how it can be improved and what they like about it.
I'm all up for free speech.
I don't care even if you start posting your nudes here, won't bother me at all.
But seeing the same thing after 100th of time, yeah it gets annoying.
Generally we all have the freedom to not read another person's post if we disagree with it.
I hate grinding/sandbox as much as the next guy. I too can post about how much I hate it but it is useless.
But something to think about, if there are indeed ten pages of complaint about the sandbox, then perhaps the dev would be wise to consider other options.
If after 10 pages, dev didn't said anything remotely close to removing sandbox, then maybe it's kinda obvious that sandbox won't be removed. And the constant complaining is just adding to the post count and doing nothing else.
one of them is to gauge feedback
Let's be honest mate posting "remove sandbox, sandbox bad" 100s of time isn't really feedback
calling it whining
Maybe I wasn't clear enough, I called the repetitive posts whining, not the complain itself.

Again, I don't have any "problem" with sandbox complains or any type of complaint for that matter, as I said I myself hate sandbox, but I have a "problem" with how damn repitive it has become.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
i dont want a cheat mode or easy money just maybe a way the speed up the fighting as i was in a fight for almost 10 minutes because we kept drawing and healing each other

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Well not everyone plays for the reward of playing perfectly, but more for the story. Those kind of people will appreciate less grind for points/money or be able to cheat them and pass mini games with auto win. :p Remember one persons fun is always someone elses pet hate.

So unless you think someone is not worthy to see the story and fun bits without paying the admittance price for them or the game is all about paying the admittance price and no story or good bits to speak of, why not give those to players? :p It is not if people that like the more gamey parts are forced to use the cheats or auto win.
Yeah, it is the point. We will think about it

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
" with this visual novel " Eh What Visual Novel ? Are you sure you are on the right forum?
Lust Academy is NOT a visual novel, it's a Game that contains minigames (Without "Skip buttons" Hint Hint :p )
If you want a visual novel then I would highly recommend that you
try the web site fap-nation and search for "Sunstone" /"Mercy" by Stjepan Sejic.
We have a skip button for all games, don't we?

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, it is the point. We will think about it
I do not know if you played love of Magic, but it has a poker game that is kinda influential in game fights. Some people mostly play the game for that part even over the story and there is even a lot of theorizing over best builds and so on for those. For those who are less enthusiastic or those fights take too long dev made an auto and easy mode and those fights you really need for story are unlosable. :) It may give you an idea even if it is Unity beyond just a skip button if you want to keep the feel of fights for some things in game for the future story and also appease those who are less fans of building stats for that or long fights.

Reactions: travin213

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
Oh Bullshit, that first week is so stupid. I had dozens of more points than Adderin and they were in 3rd place, but still won. I get that the place we're allowed to go on the weekends probably isn't made yet, but it still aggravates me.

Serial_Kisser_10

Jun 10, 2021
Man this is to all those who said story is weak and the game is all based on sex and a creep MC spying in night. Guys a gentle reminder this is an adult game, it is bound to have those, the story is not weak but in fact it is promising, I agree there are some loop holes but if you see it overall it's very promising game with good story.
I haven't played the 2.1 version yet as I'm unable to find it on Android , if anyone can help me will appreciate a lot. But as I'm a Harry Potter I'm glad this game came out, I have very high expectations and sex scenes from it.
I'm hoping to see more content in it with a great story and yes to everyone who didn't liked the way of house selection, let me tell you being a experiences adult gamer, it was very good, it's adult game novel not a normal novel game.

hyuugo

Sep 8, 2018
When i talk to samantha after the prologue i get this error

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 111, in _window_auto_callback
elif config.window == "show":
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 101, in _window_hide

File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 108, in execute
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 111, in execute
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 112, in execute
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 113, in execute
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 118, in execute
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 119, in execute
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 119, in <module>
KeyError: u"u'images/notes_mini"

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/logic/main_interface/label.rpyc", line 196, in script
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1277, in execute
statement_name("scene")
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 46, in statement_name
i(name)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 111, in _window_auto_callback
elif config.window == "show":
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 101, in _window_hide

File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1646, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2610, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
self.update()
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 111, in execute
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 112, in execute
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 113, in execute
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 118, in execute
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 119, in execute
File "game/logic/message.rpy", line 119, in <module>
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/text/text.py", line 1525, in __init__
self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/text/text.py", line 1644, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
File "/Users/hugobatista/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u"u'images/notes_mini"

Darwin-16.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
LustAcademy 0.2.1f
Thu Jun 10 16:08:56 2021
```

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I also get this , After playing for a while the the game will just quit to desktop.
there is no indication of anything going wrong and it is not tied to any location or person.
Yeah, the problem with memory run, happens if use "tab" too much. We know about this problem

princess bride

Aug 18, 2018
Ok, so I’ll replay the whole game without my saves to see if it’s a bug, I just can’t progress with the story or the update is completed because I saw nothing new aside from some additional scene from some old missions and the change log said 800+ new renders??? I haven’t seen any of that, but again, maybe it’s a bug or I’m just that dumb that I didn’t triggered these events but I doubt since the mission log says it’s the end of the update, so yeah, I’ll play it brand new with no save to see what’s going on

• Angry
Reactions: Bear in the Night
3.80 star(s) 164 Votes