HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Let's talk more about S3. We know about S1 and S2, but now we focus more on S3

Do you have some examples of "bad English" in S3?
It's much easier to understand the problem with some real examples, which we can send to our proofreaders, and I hope to fix this problem.
sure. once 3.9.1d is out and i play it, i'll provide some

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Let's talk more about S3. We know about S1 and S2, but now we focus more on S3

Do you have some examples of "bad English" in S3?
It's much easier to understand the problem with some real examples, which we can send to our proofreaders, and I hope to fix this problem.
Here's an example from the "Founders' Council" scene. This example contains a bit of "bad English" that would significantly benefit from revision, as well as "not typical conversational English" that would result in a smaller benefit from revision, but would contribute to overall improvement in the dialogue.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've encountered other dialogue in need of revision throughout S3, even other examples in the "Founders' Council" scene, but it takes time to identify and present them. The example I provided is certainly not the worst case, but just illustrates the issue. It's obviously a daunting task to address all of the needed dialogue revisions throughout S3 due to the sheer volume of dialogue, but I'll try to provide some other examples when I can.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Here's an example from the "Founders' Council" scene. This example contains a bit of "bad English" that would significantly benefit from revision, as well as "not typical conversational English" that would result in a smaller benefit from revision, but would contribute to overall improvement in the dialogue.

I've encountered other dialogue in need of revision throughout S3, even other examples in the "Founders' Council" scene, but it takes time to identify and present them. The example I provided is certainly not the worst case, but just illustrates the issue. It's obviously a daunting task to address all of the needed dialogue revisions throughout S3 due to the sheer volume of dialogue, but I'll try to provide some other examples when I can.
Every editor feels differently in small ways here and there, so these are only my own two cents.
Again, these are just my own view on what you've specifically given as an example.

Reactions: MarsUltor and HiP1

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I believe it's meant to be an onomatopoeia for one of two things: either someone is clearing their throat, or someone is swallowing a lump in their throat (like suddenly gulping).
Gotcha, thanks.

Also.... I swear Victoria's breasts seem larger or perkier in S3! lol
Go Vicky Go!

Cheers

Reactions: MarsUltor

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Every editor feels differently in small ways here and there, so these are only my own two cents.
Again, these are just my own view on what you've specifically given as an example.
Honestly, I knew that the example I was giving wasn't the ideal example of dialogue in need of editing; it was mostly for illustration purposes. I should have chosen a better example.

While I stand by my revisions in my example, and believe that they would result in an improvement to that dialogue (albeit a somewhat minor one), I also agree that the relatively more minimal revisions you suggested would also result in an improvement to that dialogue.

Writing great dialogue is tricky for most people, and becomes even more difficult when it involves translation from the language in which it was originally written. Idioms that may be commonly used in conversation are especially tricky, since they may not have an equivalent in a different language.

Anyway, I'll continue to be on the lookout for better examples...

Peace :)

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
btw...

meetig
should be
meeting

youl
should be
you

I got the impression that all he cares about is showing off how cool he......and how great his school is.

Last edited:

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I wish this game had the option for auto battle. Where you can just sit back and watch the duels instead of participating or skipping to win them. I like to watch the characters battle it out without having to click anything.

May 2, 2020
I wish this game had the option for auto battle. Where you can just sit back and watch the duels instead of participating or skipping to win them. I like to watch the characters battle it out without having to click anything.
I haven't play season 3 yet and i don't know if it's already in the game but i would like fight with different characters in the duel club. In the first 2 seasons you fight the same opponent except the Minotaur

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I haven't play season 3 yet and i don't know if it's already in the game but i would like fight with different characters in the duel club. In the first 2 seasons you fight the same opponent except the Minotaur
I just like to sit back and watch everyone throw the magic powers at each other and have them automatically revive when needed. I wish they had more magic games with auto battle options. It makes it look like a movie lol.

Reactions: The_Stifmeister

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Weekly DevBlog update 08/04

Hey there! It's time for our weekly DevUpdate!

Get ready for giggles, s DnD dad joke incoming:
What's the difference between a wizard and a sorcerer?
Class.

1712596768258.png

We hope you had a good laugh. We know we did. But now, let's get back to what's important - things we've finished this week:
Finished 71 renders with Haley, Samantha, Dakota and Eva for version 3.10.1
Retouched 79 renders to maximize their magical atmosphere
Finished 4 amazing 60fps animations for version 3.10.1
Finished sound design for version 3.10.1
Finished script for Ausrey's for version 3.10.1

That's it for today! Stay tuned for more information, and have a great week!

Sincerely,
Bear in the Night team.

Zobesco

Mar 23, 2022
Does anyone know how to transfer save files from v3.4 to 3.8 in pc. I copied the save files and ran in v3.8 but the characters keep saying there nothing we can talk about right now. Even though the have quests available

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Does anyone know how to transfer save foles from v3.4 to 3.8 in pc. I copied the save files and ran in v3.8 but the characters keep saying there nothing we can talk about right now. Even though the have quests available
Are you running some type of mod? If so, that probably hasn't been updated to v3.8.1d yet. If you're not running a mod, did you copy this latest version into the folder of the old v3.4.1d? Because you should never ever do that. Always put a new release of a game in its own, separate folder. (So if you have a Lust Academy folder, within that you might have a v3.4.1d folder; copy the v3.8.1d folder next to but not inside of the v3.4.1d folder.) I can say for certain there is a lot more to do since v3.4.1d of the game.

Zobesco

Mar 23, 2022
Are you running some type of mod? If so, that probably hasn't been updated to v3.8.1d yet. If you're not running a mod, did you copy this latest version into the folder of the old v3.4.1d? Because you should never ever do that. Always put a new release of a game in its own, separate folder. (So if you have a Lust Academy folder, within that you might have a v3.4.1d folder; copy the v3.8.1d folder next to but not inside of the v3.4.1d folder.) I can say for certain there is a lot more to do since v3.4.1d of the game.
After that should i just copy the saves folder into v3.8.1d folder

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
After that should i just copy the saves folder into v3.8.1d folder
Yep. If that's in a separate folder, you can copy the saves across. Make sure you put them in v3.8.1d\game and not in the top-level v3.8.1d folder. For clarity, open the v3.8.1d folder, then open the game folder within that, and finally paste / copy the saves folder from the earlier version over.

FFR, unless you really badly want this saves folder maintained in the game's location, you don't need to copy this. Ren'Py also saves a copy in the AppData folder, so it will look there and see previous saves anyway.

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
the dev says on twitter that the season 3 will be complete next month. hype hype hype:D
Well I am not a Patreon of this game. But this dev is really good at updating the game. There is absolutely no way to be negative about the dev. And certainly not about the game. The game is building up very well. I love the scenes with aubrey as a trans...... :p

It is a well running machine here. And I like the game very much. Will there be a season 4?

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 156 Votes