Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
...but not the game's "campus", which is actually the dormitory.... I wish they would at least correct that label in the game.
Right, I keep using the right terms when I should use wrong ones for better understanding :p

(and yes, I know, if the dormitory is inside the same area it's also considered to be part of the campus. Mine was outside however)

Last edited:

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Dear Witches and Wizards, today we are happy to present the most finished version of Lust Academy season 2.
There's a lot of new hot content waiting for you, as well as proofread and improved dialogues all over the game!
Check it out yourself in Lust Academy version 1.12.1d:

Here's the convenient list of changes for this patch:
  • Added 6 new repeatable sex scenes for Sandbox version.
  • About 400 new top-quality renders and 70 animations!
  • The Gallery now has 6 new episodes.
  • Minor bugfixes.
  • Majorly rewritten and proofread dialogues. Big thanks to our community involved in proofreading, especially to players Stomar and SHREDDER1876, whose help was an absolute lifesaver!
That's all we had for today, but it's a lot! We hope you'll try it and share your thoughts on the newest update in the comments!
Sincerely,
Bear in the Night team.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Unlocked

Dear Witches and Wizards, today we are happy to present the most finished version of Lust Academy season 2.
There's a lot of new hot content waiting for you, as well as proofread and improved dialogues all over the game!
Check it out yourself in Lust Academy version 1.12.1d:

Here's the convenient list of changes for this patch:
  • Added 6 new repeatable sex scenes for Sandbox version.
  • About 400 new top-quality renders and 70 animations!
  • The Gallery now has 6 new episodes.
  • Minor bugfixes.
  • Majorly rewritten and proofread dialogues. Big thanks to our community involved in proofreading, especially to players Stomar and SHREDDER1876, whose help was an absolute lifesaver!
That's all we had for today, but it's a lot! We hope you'll try it and share your thoughts on the newest update in the comments!
Sincerely,
Bear in the Night team.

So just new repeatables and bug / proofreading fixes for Season 2? Seems like this might be why there's been less content for Season 3 releases than there otherwise would have been. Not sure it's important to be adding this stuff to content already past rather than adding more content to stuff moving forward. Was there a major push on Patreon / Steam or something to redo or add to older content?

Reactions: someyoungguy

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
So just new repeatables and bug / proofreading fixes for Season 2? Seems like this might be why there's been less content for Season 3 releases than there otherwise would have been. Not sure it's important to be adding this stuff to content already past rather than adding more content to stuff moving forward. Was there a major push on Patreon / Steam or something to redo or add to older content?
I think the proofreading bugfixing stuff probably should've been done no matter what, but the rest of the stuff does seems like it should've been done after the whole game was finished. Having more time between finishing the episode and remastering it like that would've made the remaster more impactful too. Weren't a couple of the recent Season 3 updates also primarily "correcting" the content rather than adding it? It kinda seems like someone on the dev team got a "go back and make sure everything in the game so far is up to [some arbitrary] standard" bee in their bonnet recently. "Improving" content so soon after initial release doesn't feel like an upgrade when the content was already fine though. Kinda feels like a project's just spinning its wheels when that happens

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I think the proofreading bugfixing stuff probably should've been done no matter what, but the rest of the stuff does seems like it should've been done after the whole game was finished. Having more time between finishing the episode and remastering it like that would've made the remaster more impactful too. Weren't a couple of the recent Season 3 updates also primarily "correcting" the content rather than adding it? It kinda seems like someone on the dev team got a "go back and make sure everything in the game so far is up to [some arbitrary] standard" bee in their bonnet recently. "Improving" content so soon after initial release doesn't feel like an upgrade when the content was already fine though. Kinda feels like a project's just spinning its wheels when that happens
Well, to be fair it's not really "so soon after initial release". It's coming up on 3 years since its first version, and this is Season 3 of the game, so the full two seasons of content prior to the current is considerable. Now, I admit that I only play the sandbox version. But even if you strip away the navigation and extra stuff from that (like getting books or working for money), the time with all of the scenes to progress individual characters' stories as well as the main plot is pretty lengthy. So it's been quite awhile since the initial release.

But yes, I don't feel like these additions and improvements were necessary. The extra scenes in Season 2 could just as easily have been worked into Season 3, other than those where a character now is absent, like Lily. I'm also unmotivated to go back to Season 2 to try to see the new scenes. If they are repeatable, I assume they'll be in Season 3 as well. If they aren't, I guess I'll just miss them unless magically I have a change of heart in the future (doubtful).

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Crap, remind me who Willow is. I could pull up the game, but since you mentioned her I figured you'd be a good person to ask.
The fairy from the shop who helps MC with some rare resources and basically annoucned she wants to make him her future husband or something like that.
Hopefully she has a potion in her store that will increase her size, otherwise the MC will split her her in half. Poor Willow ...

Reactions: MarsUltor

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The fairy from the shop who helps MC with some rare resources and basically annoucned she wants to make him her future husband or something like that.
Hopefully she has a potion in her store that will increase her size, otherwise the MC will split her her in half. Poor Willow ...
That's right! Yeah, she's cute. I also hope more happens with her this season.
A Nelwyn farmer who is the protagonist of the 1988 movie of the same name... ops, wrong Willow. :BootyTime:
Oh, I just always referred to him as "peck". I guess I should stop being so bigoted. :confused:

Last edited:

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
Crap, remind me who Willow is. I could pull up the game, but since you mentioned her I figured you'd be a good person to ask.
This is one of my big issues with this game (and plenty of others). We're waiting on content with some girls that have been in the game since season one, and they keep dumping more in there. The character screen is at 50-55 characters and I think 40 of those are current or potential love interests.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
This is one of my big issues with this game (and plenty of others). We're waiting on content with some girls that have been in the game since season one, and they keep dumping more in there. The character screen is at 50-55 characters and I think 40 of those are current or potential love interests.
Yep. The sudden, magical "retiring" of characters who have to go on safari or to an elite study or whatever is over-the-top also. Do you know how many people at university, even incredibly smart folks, had to take a full semester or longer off because of special opportunities (rather than a loved one being ill or something)? I'll give you a hint: I can count them on one hand, and I don't have to use any fingers. But somehow the MC in this game creampies a girl with "special opportunity" sperm. :rolleyes: (Now that I think about it, that sounds like some Chad's line to convince a girl to let him into her pants.)

All of this boils down to the game having way too many LIs and not a big enough team to manage all of them, even in a single semester at Cordale. But they've painted themselves into a corner, so I guess this will be par for the course going forward.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
I knew lots of people in college who got opportunities to study in special programs that involved them leaving campus for a whole semester or even a whole year, but those people don't just completely disappear from your life when that happens, so it still breaks immersion in the game because you go full radio silent with people that you supposedly care deeply about and seem to care deeply about you. It also breaks immersion because establishing that there are things like magical fellowships and exchange programs seriously begs the question why we're not getting more one-off characters every term. If so many students are leaving here for prestigious opportunities far afield, and this is actually a prestigious magical university instead of some bottom rung school for people who happen to have magic but couldn't cut it elsewhere, then there should be at least as many students showing up for these kinds of programs as are leaving for them. If the school is really as prestigious as they imply, there should really be a lot more fellowship and exchange students here

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I knew lots of people in college who got opportunities to study in special programs that involved them leaving campus for a whole semester or even a whole year, but those people don't just completely disappear from your life when that happens, so it still breaks immersion in the game because you go full radio silent with people that you supposedly care deeply about and seem to care deeply about you. It also breaks immersion because establishing that there are things like magical fellowships and exchange programs seriously begs the question why we're not getting more one-off characters every term. If so many students are leaving here for prestigious opportunities far afield, and this is actually a prestigious magical university instead of some bottom rung school for people who happen to have magic but couldn't cut it elsewhere, then there should be at least as many students showing up for these kinds of programs as are leaving for them. If the school is really as prestigious as they imply, there should really be a lot more fellowship and exchange students here
I'm surprised you know so many who left. I knew of people leaving, but nobody I knew personally ever did. It seems like every other witch or wizard the MC knows is taking off because something's come up. Maybe it's more immersion-breaking for me, then. It's completely foreign to my own experience at university. It is what it is, I suppose.

You do bring up a good point. If Cordale is so amazing, why does everyone leave to go elsewhere? Maybe the opportunities only exist in the first place for the characters because they're in attendance at Cordale. I'm not sure, but I'm definitely not a fan.

Reactions: someyoungguy

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
I'm surprised you know so many who left. I knew of people leaving, but nobody I knew personally ever did. It seems like every other witch or wizard the MC knows is taking off because something's come up. Maybe it's more immersion-breaking for me, then. It's completely foreign to my own experience at university. It is what it is, I suppose.

You do bring up a good point. If Cordale is so amazing, why does everyone leave to go elsewhere? Maybe the opportunities only exist in the first place for the characters because they're in attendance at Cordale. I'm not sure, but I'm definitely not a fan.
Yeah, usually schools with students good enough to be in programs like that also have their own programs like that. They're usually related to opportunities to study with a particularly prestigious department or professor, from what I've seen. So many people leaving, but none coming in makes it feel like the school is either just now trying to participate in wizard academics at that sort of level (after hundreds of years lmao) or can no longer command the respect required to draw in the highest quality professors or students, which is weird because the two most prominent professors in the game are supposed to be like savants in their fields of study. So it does seem strange no matter how you look at it.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
All of this boils down to the game having way too many LIs and not a big enough team to manage all of them
Same as in a episodic TV show. When the cast gets too big, there's not enough time for everyone in one episode. That was a major problem with Batman '66. Of course 3D models are not contract actors and don't get payed on a monthly base or have guaranteed screentime, but still someone has to create content for them and if the writers and artists concentrate on a few, the others will be ignored - which will usually enrages their fans.
Sending them away in the first place in my eyes is a good solution for the problem.

The devs go in a good direction, they actually have a plan how much they will put in a semester (or season), which is good to estimate costs and time and is more professional than what many others do. If they now got some better writers and translators ...

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Same as in a episodic TV show. When the cast gets too big, there's not enough time for everyone in one episode. That was a major problem with Batman '66. Of course 3D models are not contract actors and don't get payed on a monthly base, but still someone has to create content for them and if the writers and artists concentrate on a few, the others will be ignored - which will usually enrages their fans.
Sending them away in the first place in my eyes is a good solution for the problem.

The devs go in a good direction, they actually have a plan how much they will put in a semester (or season), which is goot to estimate costs and time and is more professional than what many others do. If they now got some better writers and translators ...
I agree about it being comparable to a television show. It's a problem for those, and it's a problem for this game as well.

Some of what you say would make a lot more sense if they would retire lesser characters, like Grace or Gabrielle, or if they would avoid introducing new characters to replace old ones (Naomi leaves but Dakota shows up; Audrey leaves but Penny arrives). You're not really managing the problem of too many when you immediately add another when one's removed. And it's the same with Season 3: Lily and Naomi are both gone now, but Audrey's back, we still have Grace and Gabriella, and we now have the new class: Kayla, June, Eva, and probably Wendy.

So sorry, but I don't think what they're doing is working even remotely well for managing their bloated character roster.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
What you have too in a game like this: As many LIs as possible. Most players would not care if MC ends up again with Lily or not, so it's safe to send her away. Grace and Gabrielle don't have been conquered yet, Gabrielle's story is somewhere half way, Grace's just started.
New girls need to be added to conquer, so those already conquered must go - with very few exceptions who are most players favorites (like the big Non-Sister).
But even such a prominent character who's story isn't finished yet could go on 'vacation' and return later, that would keep her fans waiting for her (and paying).

The shows with the cast growing too big didn't have that problem from the beginning, but more and more people were added over time.
Check DCs arrow verse, the character count is insane, they started however with only a handful of people. At some point they started to "send away" characters to spin-off shows and would return once in a while. If you have the capacity to do that, that's also a good solution. Of course that won't work in a story like this where everything must revolve around one character.

What this game badly needs is better writing. The characters co-exist, but easch one is quite flat, they also hardly ever interact. It became better in season 2, but there's still a long way to go. Since everything is optional without any trace of consequence (like in other games), everything feels very shallow and insignificant - which it is. The amount of people is not really the problem, it's how they are handled.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 165 Votes