falcazoid

Nov 28, 2018
Excellent quality for what there is right now. Nice music in the background as well.
The navigation at home seems a bit pointlessly difficult with having to mouse over objects you can interact with. So hopefully there will be highlights for easy mode in case you plan on implementing some hidden object type of games as your game-play for the school part.

Good luck on the project tho. Seems like a lot of work to come if you plan to move ahead with it.

Jack.mikecock

Jun 4, 2020
fuck i need an update this game got potential. So far 10/10 great job with the animation mate tho i do wish more characters are as detailed as haley

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
dev when you say fantasy creatures is that gonna be fuckable fantasy creatures and will it include a female Dobbie

• Wow
Reactions: VNwhiteknight

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
This is the second VN I've downloaded within the past week that immediately causes the X11 rendering of the splash screen on Linux to ctd. Perhaps you were getting something like this?

Code:
Lust-Academy-0.1.1-pc $ ./Lust-Academy.sh
X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  66 (X_PolySegment)
  Serial number of failed request:  167
  Current serial number in output stream:  167
Whenever you see this behavior, immediately look in the game/gui subfolder for image file problems. This can be zero length files, badly formatted files or simply ones that are way too large to fit within the viewport specified for the VN's window at project creation in the Renpy SDK. IIRC the largest Renpy project window is currently 1920x1200, but the user can resize this window larger once the window appears.

In this case, the authors have included a game/gui/window_icon.png which has something like a 2500x2500 resolution. The authors of the other VN I encountered earlier this week had an Icon.png that was also something like this size. The ridiculous thing is I suspect this is the image file used for the itty bitty icon in the top left corner of the VN window. I threw window_icon.png into GIMP and scaled it down to 512x512 (probably should have slapped it down to 64x64 even). I've attached the result after verifying that the VN now properly starts up for me on Gentoo.

Bear in the Night - I'm running Linux Mint 20 and I downloaded the PC version from both MEGA and GDRIVE. Neither one starts. It looks like it wants to start full screen then shuts down instantly without any error. In the log file, it stops at "windowed mode".

Code:
Sat Dec 19 11:49:48 2020
Linux-5.4.0-58-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bullseye-sid
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.09s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.02s
Loading error handling took 0.03s
Loading script took 0.20s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.00s
Loading persistent took 0.00s
Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)
Set script version to: (7, 3, 5)
Running init code took 0.11s
Loading analysis data took 0.04s
Analyze and compile ATL took 0.01s
Index archives took 0.00s
Dump and make backups. took 0.00s
Cleaning cache took 0.00s
Making clean stores took 0.00s
Initial gc. took 0.03s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
Creating interface object took 0.45s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.07s
Build styles took 0.01s
Load screen analysis took 0.04s
Analyze screens took 0.00s
Save screen analysis took 0.00s
Prepare screens took 0.16s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.00s
Save bytecode. took 0.00s
Running _start took 0.00s
Performance test:
Interface start took 0.05s

primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1600, 900)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.

Reactions: Bagger288

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
This is the second VN I've downloaded within the past week that immediately causes the X11 rendering of the splash screen on Linux to ctd. Perhaps you were getting something like this?

Code:
Lust-Academy-0.1.1-pc $ ./Lust-Academy.sh
X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  66 (X_PolySegment)
  Serial number of failed request:  167
  Current serial number in output stream:  167
Whenever you see this behavior, immediately look in the game/gui subfolder for image file problems. This can be zero length files, badly formatted files or simply ones that are way too large to fit within the viewport specified for the VN's window at project creation in the Renpy SDK. IIRC the largest Renpy project window is currently 1920x1200, but the user can resize this window larger once the window appears.

In this case, the authors have included a game/gui/window_icon.png which has something like a 2500x2500 resolution. The authors of the other VN I encountered earlier this week had an Icon.png that was also something like this size. The ridiculous thing is I suspect this is the image file used for the itty bitty icon in the top left corner of the VN window. I threw window_icon.png into GIMP and scaled it down to 512x512 (probably should have slapped it down to 64x64 even). I've attached the result after verifying that the VN now properly starts up for me on Gentoo.
Thanks for the report! We've already know the problem and will fix it in the next hotfix

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Not even being able to get through the first arc of the story (acceptance, arrival and exam) within the first release does no instill a lot of trust in future releases having much content.

You cut off in the middle of your prologue, that's really not good.

Instead you wasted time with sexual animations with the landlords that I really wish I could have skipped and two animations with the hot younger girl in the house, who you don't even talk to in the game. So that was a waste of time as well.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Bear in the Night under what folder name i will find the saves? because on Renpy can't find a folder named lust academy :unsure:thx
Do this: Start it, load the save and re-save it. Note the time on your system clock. Go to the Renpy folder in your OS where the saves are stored and then sort/organize by modification date/date modified. At the top or bottom of the order, you'll see folders and just look in there and look for the saves modified at the time you noted. Another method is to look in the options.rpy file with any text editor and look for the "config.save_directory" variable and you'll see what it's named the folder for the renpy saves. In this case, this game's folder is labelled "Test_2-1605942110".

Reactions: Max1276

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
Looks interesting, but the cut off was very sudden, I expected to get passed the exams at the least.

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
Do this: Start it, load the save and re-save it. Note the time on your system clock. Go to the Renpy folder in your OS where the saves are stored and then sort/organize by modification date/date modified. At the top or bottom of the order, you'll see folders and just look in there and look for the saves modified at the time you noted. Another method is to look in the options.rpy file with any text editor and look for the "config.save_directory" variable and you'll see what it's named the folder for the renpy saves. In this case, this game's folder is labelled "Test_2-1605942110".

thx (y)

3.80 star(s) 160 Votes