miele1

Dec 20, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: Sam4ever

buff

May 29, 2017
welcome the capitalism and greed,where getting $$$ while doing nothing is a dream come true.
If you think getting paid to do nothing is *more* common in the capitalist world, you're either very very young or very very sheltered. The only way in which capitalism is relevant is that if the artist only gets paid when by consent of the customers. It's not like he's living on some government grant that is paid for by forcibly-collected taxes.

If people want to pay him, fine. It costs you nothing. You're getting a free game to leech off of because they are willing to do this.

if game isnt hard to do and it's not even near finish at the 2-3 year* mark,then it's a milkware without a single doubt.

*implying you have 1K+ income from it AKA IT'S YOUR FUCKING JOB.
You're definitely a child who has never had to do a damned thing in the real world.

1. You have no idea how much time game development takes. If you have a full time job and do this on the side, then 10 hours a week is a pretty decent hunk of your free time, and at 10 hrs/week it's going to take a hell of a long time.

2. No, 1k a month is not "YOUR FUCKING JOB". You can't pay a mortgage, raise a family, pay for a car, etc on that. 1k/mo is only enough if your only expenses are food and the occasional date because you are either a student or you live with your parents.

TL,DR: Performance issues are between the creator and his patrons. Stop talking shit about things you do not understand.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
you ok ? dumbest shit i've read this month.
"1K /m is nothing" alone is gold.

buff

May 29, 2017
"1K /m is nothing" alone is gold.
Agreed, that'd be a stupid thing to say. And I can't find anyone who said it. 1k/m definitely far from nothing, but it's not anything like a full-time job. The point I am making is that if a creator is a real grown-up with real grown-up bills, then he's probably working a full-time job in addition to the game creation because 1-2k per month is not anywhere near sufficient to raise a middle-class family. Sure, it's a HELL of a lot more than I made when I was 20, but when I was 20 my bills were only a few hundred a month I didn't need much.

Does LH deliver a lot slower than we'd like? Absofuckinglutely. It's frustrating, it's bullshit, and it is a good reason for people to *not* want to pay for the game. But it's *not* fraud, grift, or theft. Someone might figure $36/yr is worth it for 3 or 4 small updates. It all depends on how much they like the game and how important that three bucks a month is to them.

All I'm saying is criticize based on the actual problem, don't make up easily-refuted bullshit and complain about that. It just makes you sound immature, and turns the discussion from "If LH wants this game to be successful he should work harder!" to "Do randos on F95 have any concept of living expenses?", which does NOT help fix the problem.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
this guy...saying shit me being smol kiddo,then talk shit about going outside yadayada,while completely ignorant,that there are countries where 1K$ is above average and not everyone got mortgages and full family from the moment they are born,and yes,Europan Union is not a country.

Reactions: GVictor
Jun 5, 2017
Does LH deliver a lot slower than we'd like? Absofuckinglutely. It's frustrating, it's bullshit, and it is a good reason for people to *not* want to pay for the game. But it's *not* fraud, grift, or theft. Someone might figure $36/yr is worth it for 3 or 4 small updates. It all depends on how much they like the game and how important that three bucks a month is to them.
Let's just think of it as amount of work, not as an annual salary. Even being very generous and saying that the "new" art and writing for a scene takes a full 40 hours, we're looking at probably six or seven of those a year. Let's say he takes home about $15k a year after fees and such. That comes to about $50/hour.

I personally think it takes much less time than that at this stage of production, since it's obviously that art assets are, in many cases, being reused with some mild modification. But even if we give him that huge amount of time, he's still getting paid extravagantly, especially by Eastern European standards, to deliver a trickle of content.

It's just a basic study of incentives: if people keep paying him to make this game regardless of the pace of updates, he has no incentive to actually finish up the game in a reasonable amount of time. If he does that, he has to go back to ground and do a ton of new scripting, design, art, etc. If he finds a way to keep making this game for years, as he has done, he can keep making a substantial amount of money for a small amount of work.

Reactions: GVictor

IPsycho

Oct 16, 2018
Let's just think of it as amount of work, not as an annual salary. Even being very generous and saying that the "new" art and writing for a scene takes a full 40 hours, we're looking at probably six or seven of those a year. Let's say he takes home about $15k a year after fees and such. That comes to about $50/hour.

I personally think it takes much less time than that at this stage of production, since it's obviously that art assets are, in many cases, being reused with some mild modification. But even if we give him that huge amount of time, he's still getting paid extravagantly, especially by Eastern European standards, to deliver a trickle of content.

It's just a basic study of incentives: if people keep paying him to make this game regardless of the pace of updates, he has no incentive to actually finish up the game in a reasonable amount of time. If he does that, he has to go back to ground and do a ton of new scripting, design, art, etc. If he finds a way to keep making this game for years, as he has done, he can keep making a substantial amount of money for a small amount of work.
Can we please drop this subject, we are only interested in the game, not where he lives, how old he is, how many kids he may or may not have, so please drop it, it nerves completely.

Reactions: buff

zqsbunny

Jul 29, 2018
can some1 give me cheat version save file coz my old save file doesnt work on new one... i alr open all scene for all girl

legendppk

Aug 25, 2018
I keep following this game in hopes of one day seeing in the changelogs/dev notes: Dev finally grew a pair; Mom and Sis roles have been restore.

Alas, that day will probably never come.

3.00 star(s) 80 Votes