dmmt

May 8, 2020
I can try it again...but no, I did not extract the 2 jpg's into the folder. The intsallation instruction only said to extract the dgn.rpa. I "assumed" the 2 images were illustrative of what the mod looks like, vs functional; since the installation instructiuon doesnt mention them at all.

EDIT: Nope...rextract the cheat files to the game folder, move the files from the mod subfolder to the game folder...same BBC Code error when the cop shop is supposed to show up.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017
I can try it again...but no, I did not extract the 2 jpg's into the folder. The intsallation instruction only said to extract the dgn.rpa. I "assumed" the 2 images were illustrative of what the mod looks like, vs functional; since the installation instructiuon doesnt mention them at all.

EDIT: Nope...rextract the cheat files to the game folder, move the files from the mod subfolder to the game folder...same BBC Code error when the cop shop is supposed to show up.
I'm curious do you have everything looking like this. From the errors you're getting it doesn't like you have the game too deep in your drive if you're using external one which usually they don't like too long characters in folder names and file names if you have them too deep in other folders or subfolders that cause programs or games not work properly or to crash. That your drive might not like where you have the game located and thinks its too deep even though it couldn't but it could be. Maybe you can move it to the front of your drive and shorten your folder name to see if you're still getting errors or move it onto your main C drive if you have room and if fixes it. I don't know why it's not working for you and it works for me. It could be the regular version has the issue and I have the Premium version of the game. I can try the regular version to see if I get the same problem or not. It seems like it works for everybody else and for me though. Or the download zip could be corrupted somehow or your antivirus could be blocking something preventing the game to load properly.

Lust and Power's Main Directory:
Screenshot 2023-07-01 143627.png
The Game Folder:
Screenshot 2023-07-01 143446.png

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I deleted it, to try again.

Yes, it is on an external SSD via USB-C connector.

Main game zip extracted to: E:\LZ

Results in E:\LZ\Lust_and_Power

Under that are the \game and \Lib subdirectories, along with files Lust_and_Power .ex, .sh and .py

When I unzip the cheat file from its download:

I tend to unzip those to a temp directory, then just move the required files to their target directories. If you unzip the cheat zip TO the \game subdirectory, it creates another subdirectory and puts the cheat files in it; which does no good at all as the .rpa is buried in a non targeted subdirectory \Lust_and_Power-0.56-cheatmodv4.0

The game plays fine, except for the frequency with which crap you dont need gets found and crap you do need doesnt....until I install the cheat mod. Then I get the above refeerenced BBC errors, when the cop shop is SUPPOSED to go on screen.

I dont *think* I have the game buried too deeply in subdirectories. Particularly, since the game plays fine UNTIL I install the cheat.

Nov 7, 2017
I deleted it, to try again.

Yes, it is on an external SSD via USB-C connector.

Main game zip extracted to: E:\LZ

Results in E:\LZ\Lust_and_Power

Under that are the \game and \Lib subdirectories, along with files Lust_and_Power .ex, .sh and .py

When I unzip the cheat file from its download:

I tend to unzip those to a temp directory, then just move the required files to their target directories. If you unzip the cheat zip TO the \game subdirectory, it creates another subdirectory and puts the cheat files in it; which does no good at all as the .rpa is buried in a non targeted subdirectory \Lust_and_Power-0.56-cheatmodv4.0

The game plays fine, except for the frequency with which crap you dont need gets found and crap you do need doesnt....until I install the cheat mod. Then I get the above refeerenced BBC errors, when the cop shop is SUPPOSED to go on screen.

I dont *think* I have the game buried too deeply in subdirectories. Particularly, since the game plays fine UNTIL I install the cheat.
Wait did you download Lust_and_Power-0.56-cheatmodv4.0.zip instead of Lust_and_Power-0.57-cheat-modv4.1a.zip? I might see your problem there. It looks like you extract the wrong version of the mod, maybe that's why it's not working. Which version of the game are you playing v0.56 or v0.57? From what you're telling me about the .rpa is buried in a non targeted subdirectory \Lust_and_Power-0.56-cheatmodv4.0. That's should be for v0.56 not v0.57.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
game in the OP is .56....cheat mod is .57. I had not noted that before. Probably explains it. I see that have cheat mods versions 0.56 and 0.57. I had not pd sufficient attention. I'll wager I did mix them up.

I'll delete everything, and try yet again, paying a wee lil bit mpore attention to detail this time.

TY!

EDIT: OK, that's weird. OP says game vers is 0.56. I load the 0.56 cheat mod, and I got the BBC error screen, which said game ver 0.57. I delete the 0.56 mod files, load the 0.57 cheat mod...VIOLA! Cop shop loaded.

I thank all of you for y9our assistance. As is usual for these things, it was inattention to detail causing the conflict. My apologies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Lord Nova
Nov 7, 2017
game in the OP is .56....cheat mod is .57. I had not noted that before. Probably explains it. I see that have cheat mods versions 0.56 and 0.57. I had not pd sufficient attention. I'll wager I did mix them up.

I'll delete everything, and try yet again, paying a wee lil bit mpore attention to detail this time.

TY!

EDIT: OK, that's weird. OP says game vers is 0.56. I load the 0.56 cheat mod, and I got the BBC error screen, which said game ver 0.57. I delete the 0.56 mod files, load the 0.57 cheat mod...VIOLA! Cop shop loaded.

I thank all of you for y9our assistance. As is usual for these things, it was inattention to detail causing the conflict. My apologies.
You're welcome and no offense taken, no problem. It happens. At least I noticed your mistake and helped you out. ;)

Reactions: dmmt

dmmt

May 8, 2020
yeah we need a mod or someone to change the OP where it says vers: 0.56. The DL files are 0.57, NOT 0.56.

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
yeah we need a mod or someone to change the OP where it says vers: 0.56. The DL files are 0.57, NOT 0.56.
Mod are short handed. I reported the update and it took nearly 2 days before the link to the new mod was updated.

So the moral of the story here is to check you have the proper versions of the game and mod.

B4STARD

Feb 17, 2022
So the dev just kept remaking the game and didnt make any progresss... I mean, did anyone see anything new since 0.3x or updates even earlier...

Reactions: waltage

buff

May 29, 2017
So the dev just kept remaking the game and didnt make any progresss... I mean, did anyone see anything new since 0.3x or updates even earlier...
Some of the content is a little deeper than the previous version of the game had. I honestly don't see any obvious improvements in the reworked scenes, but then I'm not good at artist stuff. (I'm sure people who are into it will use lots of words like "shading" and say it's better; I just know it doesn't look any better to me.)

I'm still salty because the living room shows aren't back yet. I dropped my patreon because of that, and won't resume until we're at least roughly back to where we were before he started fucking around.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
He added some new stuff too (not really much, but he did and does).

InsaneGame

Oct 13, 2020
How long will this "team" continue to keep "updating" with old stuff. I have seen this game now for years. Not even mentioning the 3d version before it. And not only has the story not progressed, it has become less and less each time. Last update added what, 3 kitchen scenes that where already done 3 years ago. Retardation if I ever saw it. Now with chatgpt and image ai it should be even easier. I was looking forward to finishing this game years ago. Came to check and it has even less content.

InsaneGame

Oct 13, 2020
This should have a abandoned tag... Seems like devs abandoned the idea of finishing a game years ago. Just rehashing old material again and again and again and again, for over 6 years now.

• Haha
3.00 star(s) 80 Votes