4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
I must comfess I got the same vibe as the first time I saw Good Girl Gone Bad by EvaKiss.

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 3299, in script
    a"What a strange day."
Exception: The say screen (or show_function) must return a Text object.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 3299, in script
    a"What a strange day."
  File "C:\Users\royst\OneDrive\Desktop\LustCampus-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\royst\OneDrive\Desktop\LustCampus-1.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\royst\OneDrive\Desktop\LustCampus-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\royst\OneDrive\Desktop\LustCampus-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\royst\OneDrive\Desktop\LustCampus-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 555, in display_say
    raise Exception("The say screen (or show_function) must return a Text object.")
Exception: The say screen (or show_function) must return a Text object.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lust Campus 1.0
Thu Oct 15 19:04:30 2020
got this error while playing.

Reactions: Garatempus2

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Have to add something after reading that patreon post about not working on the game if the 2500 bucks per month is not reached.
2500 $ is definitely reachable if the next updates are on time and of the same quality. But maybe it is a little bit too much to expect so many people to support you after only one release. I bet most people wait for maybe 2 or 3 updates to see if the developer is really dedicated to the project before supporting.
Anyway hope it will continue.
To be clear, dev has said they are working on 0.2, so they aren't waiting until the goal is reached to continue development.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I don't know, some 2D games are doing more than 2.500 $ but there are great art VNs making less after months/years of work and updates. So far this VN seems to be vanilla focused, another factor to keep in mind if you want money, usually the biggest cash cows are or were kink focused.
Good art is expensive, great, but ultimately value is what someone is willing to pay. I'm sure everyone here knows some underated gems doing almost nothing on Patreon.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I don't know, some 2D games are doing more than 2.500 $ but there are great art VNs making less after months/years of work and updates. So far this VN seems to be vanilla focused, another factor to keep in mind if you want money, usually the biggest cash cows are or were kink focused.
Good art is expensive, great, but ultimately value is what someone is willing to pay. I'm sure everyone here knows some underated gems doing almost nothing on Patreon.
True. Milky Touch, for example, another high rated 2D game with very beautiful visuals is in active development since April 2019 and they are up to $2528/month now. After 1.5 years.

Reactions: Ragnar

Jacktaff

Oct 15, 2017
The game looks great, but what's the point of supporting it if the creators might up and cancel the project if their goals can't be reached? Not for me, sorry.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I could have replied to almost any other post, but since yours is last here goes.

Economics (and price) boils down to supply and demand. Simple as that.
If her game is good enough and enough people agree with her 2500 goal, then good for her.
Personally I think it's unrealistic, and is doomed to fail (like you say in your post), but it's not wrong for her to try.

Ultimately, people might think her art and POC is so good that they want to back her fully. Other might think they want to hang back and see what happens, before supporting.

I have never been a fan of accusing devs of milking. Devs work hard and for them to expect payment is not unreasonable. The limiting factor is again Supply and demand. Your game (supply) needs to have enough demand, so that you can reach your goal. Price is a way of changing demand, so wanting $2500 might make the demand less, causing you to fail.

What other freelance artist etc get, is irrelevant. The demand for their work is more, so they can charge more. Obviously the more famous you get, like MR Dots, the more people want to play your games, the more they are willing to pay. I know patreon is not a pay to play system, but it still boils down to the demand to play the game. In this case popularity = demand.

Done with my 2 cents
First let me start by saying, latest or not feel free to quote or reply if it means getting your 2 cent across, I am the last person to actually try take things the wrong way and am down for whatever perspective someone else has.

But yeah with what you have said price and demand and etc you are correct on all that and I agree with it. In this case however we are talking about a goal post set on something within which it is a clear set indication if not met we will abandon. Now having that goal in itself is not wrong it is the way it has been worded and on what it has been placed. Patreon is meant as a form of payment system to fund someone their hobby, when you put a goal like that, it does not seem you are doing it for a hobby but for other reasons. Again no one is stopping them from making that money by making a complete game and putting it on steam and itch.io and such and get paid, after all they would be getting their money's worth and still make a profit.

Now if they are going to milk or not I don't know, My point when I mention Milking is because many other dev's using patreon and have been about that money from the get go and demanding or threatening people were all about that milk life. I can go way back on some people doing this for example with Sarah's Life and what not.

See if they said something along the line of, Goal set is 2500 the game will be made we get a monthly or 2 monthly release with at least x amount of words and x amount of renders etc, this is what you pay for and in turn this is what we will be delivering. That would mean you have a roadmap to follow and etc and people would be more inclined to subscribe and etc but instead what we get is more along the line of " pay me or else ".

They are currently working on 0.2, ill even go so far to say that they might go all the way to 0.4 or 0.5 in hopes of reaching that goal. But right now you ask a certain amount but you don't know what you are getting for it in return.
Yes price and demand is cool but in this situation you don't get to move the goal post up because of " price and demand " for example when she reaches 2500, you don't go in about a year I need 3500 or else the game becomes abandoned and year after I need 5000 or else I will stop making games. That is price and demand that is extortion. And I disagree with that.

They never said that this is the case but there is also no proof of this not being the case. They can do whatever they want it is their time and money in the end. But does not mean that I just sit down praise em and give em a free pass. Will have to see how this goes. For now Ill not touch this because of the simple fact of the unknown, Already got disappointed plenty this year.

Reactions: Dysphorika

pyro32

Oct 31, 2018
I really like the art, and all the characters are interesting! I'm looking forward to further development and expansions upon the relationships :)

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
To be clear, dev has said they are working on 0.2, so they aren't waiting until the goal is reached to continue development.
Saw that, and its nice to know if you want to pledge to their project. But the wording of their goal should really been changed to something else that doesn't imply they wouldn't unless goal is reached.

As Grimtown said above. Milky Touch did reach this level after year and a half. Knowing such you could get put off from pledge to a new project thinking reaching that goal within reasonable timeframe not likely. I wish them luck with the game/project and hope it will come to fruition.

• Hey there
Reactions: Grimtown

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This game is written and programmed by an erotic model with 30k followers in instagram, , and the art is developed by a friend of hers.

View attachment 858427

This is the message that she post in her instagram:

"I'm very nervous
I just released the game, you have the links to download it for free in the P4treon that is in my BIO.
It is a job of many months and a lot of love, I hope you like it ♥ ️ ♥ ️ ♥ ️
And you already know that all diffusion is appreciated, it will be thanks to you if this works."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She even answered me that she is thinking in making a character of her, who will appear in future chapters.

I think this can have a huge success.
I suppose other creators on the site got some serious competition when it come to exposure now! :ROFLMAO: That being said I hope they end up get the level of attention for all the right reasons not necessary for the creators instagram.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
I dont see anything in their posts on Patreon that say they wont work on the game if they dont reach their target. All I saw was a post saying that they would love to reach a certain amount so they can work full time on the game. That is a lot different than that fella who was developing Primal Instinct who basically threw a wobbly and said he wouldnt continue if he didnt get what he wanted

There is absolutely nothing wrong with setting yourself a high bar as a goal, and I wish them all a lot of luck because they are off to a rocking hot start. If thye have a decent notion about how to promote their game I think they will do well

For a high tier that lovely lady could offer tastefully taken pictures of herself :D TASTEFUL I said tasteful!

radohak

Apr 15, 2019
Art, story and UX/UI are really nice. The business approach is also interesting to follow up on :coffee:

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes