4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

Catoblepas

Feb 9, 2017
I'm surprised there's so much Engrish going on in this one. Sophie says "I miss already you" and "depreciated" does not mean what the writer thinks it means. Upside-down question marks too so I guess they're Spanish speakers.
Maybe they should go for $2600 dollars and hire an editor.
Yes, everyone in the University is Republican, so unless they're at Liberty University you know there's some Spanish politics going on all up in there.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Again you Fundamentally do not understand basic practices for freelance work, If you are A: A competent Individual well versed in your particular line of work then B : Operating at a loss when other other stream of revenue is available to you then C : You do not operate under that environment. That's where the 2.5k comes from it's most likely an artist that can and does get other revenue streams thats making a conservative estimate about what THEIR time is worth and the other people on the project. When you take this regressive thinking into account and immediately approach at it a negative operative standpoint it is not under a freelancers incentive to work under that structure. This why I must reiterate it is EXTREMELY rare to see competent artistry specifically in 2d work for patreon projects because it is not in their best interest to do so. Past projects like this game all failed because of the operating cost and the financial disincentive behind them. You can create some entrepreneurial adhoc bullshit about expected loss but it doesnt mean anything to professionals when they can go elsewhere. There is a financial value attributed to the game and its expected development cost. duncecap my dude.
Funny you should say that. I am actually a freelancer in a specific field of work and I do charge a lot but... my customers and I tend to either agree on an hourly rate or a flat fee for my work and I send my customers invoices.
They pay them and we have a very happy and friendly work relationship.

I do not operate at a loss because I get commissioned to do the work and get paid for it instantly. The only cost involved is my time and my little grey cells.
Frankly, most of the freelancers I know, do the same unless they are, unfortunately, on the low end and mostly do crowdsourced contests or some shit like that.

Creating a VN or a game cannot be compared to standard freelance work, especially if we are talking about a low-end game that depends on "patrons" to make some cash.
In this case, you need to invest your time and resources to create a MVP (minimum viable product) that you can present (pitch) to potential patrons and hope they like it and are willing to support you financially.

Essentially you are operating at a loss and hoping that in this game crowdsourcing competition you get to attract some patrons who can throw some money your way instead of some other game they like more or the developer that is trustworthy and has a record of delivering his product in a timely manner every month.
If you set your goal (price) too high and your pitch is lacking - like this "proof of concept" material instead of a real MVP, then fuck it, you probably won't make it and other developers with sensible goals/patron tiers for their VNs or games will succeed.

There is nothing professional about this since you are not signing a contract or being commissioned for some work - you are actually crowdsourcing your game in the hope to attract patrons who will pay for it.
If you're still a nobody in this game of "games", humility goes a long way and usually helps.
Pricky and arrogant attitude not so much.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Essentially you are operating at a loss and hoping that in this game crowdsourcing competition you get to attract some patrons who can throw some money your way instead of some other game they like more or the developer that is trustworthy and has a record of delivering his product in a timely manner every month.
If you set your goal (price) too high and your pitch is lacking - like this "proof of concept" material instead of a real MVP, then fuck it, you probably won't make it and other developers with sensible goals/patron tiers for their VNs or games will succeed.

There is nothing professional about this since you are not signing a contract or being commissioned for some work - you are actually crowdsourcing your game in the hope to attract patrons who will pay for it.
If you're still a nobody in this game of "games", humility goes a long way and usually helps.
Pricky and arrogant attitude not so much.
Imho, when looking at cash up front to get the project launched you probably would be better off try to launch it at Kickstarter to raise a buffer that carry you over while your patreon fan base grow. Then again, if you want to try crowdsource it at Kickstarter you really need to SELL people on the project too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Master Duck79

Oct 1, 2019
I think his art is vector type of art you know the one that has tracing a picture with a exelent coloring and rendering
Do you guys know any other game exept Our Red Strings and GGGB with this kind of realistic to people artwork ?

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Update news

Good morning! Is someone else very sleepy or is it just me?

Oh, I see quite a few new faces around here. Nice to meet you all and welcome!
These first days since we launched LC are full of nerves, waiting to know your opinion and with many hours of work. But we are already working on chapter 2!
  • Javier, the artist who is in charge of making all the graphic material, is already preparing a new character that will appear in this chapter. Who will she/he/it be?
  • I 'm implementing the Spanish version and correcting the bugs that people have been telling me. Thank you, everyone!
  • I have already started working on the script for chapter two. I 'm very excited, in this one you can already see a game mechanic that in the first one still does not appear. And I think you may like it a lot!

The idea is to release the next chapter in two months, if we can sooner in a month and a half.
Meanwhile I will be showing you things around here. For example, I've to choose a new outfit for Alice, do you want to see the options and help me choose which one to use?

PS: Thanks for the patience and support you are giving me! I know I'm a mess and a newbie in here. I really appreciate it!❤

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
I like it. Normally I'd have more to say, but between the unique and really good art-style, the choices and inner dialogue that perfectly understand the submissive fetish, and immediately giving a possible MFF threesome/cuckquean scenario, it just hits every button just right for me. I also enjoy how much control we have over the MC. It seems almost odd to be given so many choices that allow such thorough control over the MC's personality anymore.

This is some quality stuff, and I just wish there was more.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
This game is written and programmed by an erotic model with 30k followers in instagram, , and the art is developed by a friend of hers.

1602749415776.png

This is the message that she post in her instagram:

"I'm very nervous
I just released the game, you have the links to download it for free in the P4treon that is in my BIO.
It is a job of many months and a lot of love, I hope you like it ♥ ️ ♥ ️ ♥ ️
And you already know that all diffusion is appreciated, it will be thanks to you if this works."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She even answered me that she is thinking in making a character of her, who will appear in future chapters.

I think this can have a huge success.

Last edited:

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019
Ooo? Art looks awesome in spoilers. I bet i will give a chance to this game. I love art like this one. 10 page's in the topic shows that people loves it too. I hope we will get updates pretty often

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Reminds me of those tv shows where 30y olds act as high school students and no one looks like a real person.

Reactions: Kageshima

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Alright I have read a few pages here and bunch of people talking about the goal post being "fair"

Let me just start at one of those people saying it is " reasonable " goal and then put some of these creators out there to try and make a point.

Mr.Dots, Evakiss, Ocean, Tlaero, Dr.PinkCake,BrainDrop just to name a few, Man I sure remember when they have set a goal post of 2500+ when they started their games!! Oh right... they did not, they all had a working job and was doing this on the side as they did not know how it would go, EvaKiss for example only set a goal much later and not a demand for x amount of money or she stops, no she did not. Her goal was if she reached a certain amount per month she would quit her main job and focus on making games. Talking about gaming assets and developing and etc, well they are investing in it and if that is the route they want to go why did they not make a game and finish the game and sold it on steam or other platforms as a finished product ? they would def get more then 2500 for it and their assets would have been paid for, however THAT is not what they are looking for. What they want is to set a goal and blackmail people in to a monthly payment to get a steady cash flow while doing the minimal of work to do a monthly release. ( that is IF we even get monthly releases..And how big ? )
The pictures and art looks insane, Ill give em that. However I would never justify or trust anyone setting a goal post like she has, Again what is stopping that goal post from getting reached and suddenly being increased by another 500 and then another 500 ? You going to search for more excuses to justify why it is okay ?

You do NOT okay something like this, the moment you do you are opening the doors for more people to come out and pull this practices, We already have a bunch of sketch and cash grab developers, I don't need a new group making demands like this.

All the Dev's I mentioned and there are plenty more out there, who knew damn well that the best way to reach or get something is by proving you are worth the money. As in, making a good game a good story, consistency in updates and being transparent, Open communication with your fan base. Moment they have proven their worth they have been making the money to be full time on development. And all that mention of assets,developing, engines,custom stuff etc.. yeah they paid for those too and yea they had to fork em out too and yeah they got their money back after actually putting in the work and the fanbase growing on their own. Another thing they did not get 2500+ within a CONCEPT release or a intro release no, it took a few updates for people to get pulled in. in other words about 6+ updates later ( big updates btw ).

So no, in my opinion a goal like that and telling me essentially pay me..or else.. does not sit well with me period.

PS: And if like some of you say, the cost of having to buy all the programs and assets and etc, makes it reasonable for the goal post.. Tell me, how is spending all that money for making the game ( I mean they already have those set assets and what not else we did not even get the concept intro release we currently have already ). Tell me, how is it good business to spend money on all of that and then suddenly if you don't get an X amount of money while already owning those assets and quitting within a few months ? What are you gonna do with all those stuff you bought ? Resell them ? We are talking about digital goods here..Not a physical item.

Last edited:

Purple Lagoon

Jun 14, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 2371, in script
d"Anyway, I'm leaving. See you tomorrow!"
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Alright I have read a few pages here and bunch of people talking about the goal post being "fair"

Let me just start at one of those people saying it is " reasonable " goal and then put some of these creators out there to try and make a point.

Mr.Dots, Evakiss, Ocean, Tlaero, Dr.PinkCake,BrainDrop just to name a few, Man I sure remember when they have set a goal post of 2500+ when they started their games!! Oh right... they did not, they all had a working job and was doing this on the side as they did not know how it would go, EvaKiss for example only set a goal much later and not a demand for x amount of money or she stops, no she did not. Her goal was if she reached a certain amount per month she would quit her main job and focus on making games. Talking about gaming assets and developing and etc, well they are investing in it and if that is the route they want to go why did they not make a game and finish the game and sold it on steam or other platforms as a finished product ? they would def get more then 2500 for it and their assets would have been paid for, however THAT is not what they are looking for. What they want is to set a goal and blackmail people in to a monthly payment to get a steady cash flow while doing the minimal of work to do a monthly release. ( that is IF we even get monthly releases..And how big ? )
The pictures and art looks insane, Ill give em that. However I would never justify or trust anyone setting a goal post like she has, Again what is stopping that goal post from getting reached and suddenly being increased by another 500 and then another 500 ? You going to search for more excuses to justify why it is okay ?

You do NOT okay something like this, the moment you do you are opening the doors for more people to come out and pull this practices, We already have a bunch of sketch and cash grab developers, I don't need a new group making demands like this.

All the Dev's I mentioned and there are plenty more out there, who knew damn well that the best way to reach or get something is by proving you are worth the money. As in, making a good game a good story, consistency in updates and being transparent, Open communication with your fan base. Moment they have proven their worth they have been making the money to be full time on development. And all that mention of assets,developing, engines,custom stuff etc.. yeah they paid for those too and yea they had to fork em out too and yeah they got their money back after actually putting in the work and the fanbase growing on their own. Another thing they did not get 2500+ within a CONCEPT release or a intro release no, it took a few updates for people to get pulled in. in other words about 6+ updates later ( big updates btw ).

So no, in my opinion a goal like that and telling me essentially pay me..or else.. does not sit well with me period.

PS: And if like some of you say, the cost of having to buy all the programs and assets and etc, makes it reasonable for the goal post.. Tell me, how is spending all that money for making the game ( I mean they already have those set assets and what not else we did not even get the concept intro release we currently have already ). Tell me, how is it good business to spend money on all of that and then suddenly if you don't get an X amount of money while already owning those assets and quitting within a few months ? What are you gonna do with all those stuff you bought ? Resell them ? We are talking about digital goods here..Not a physical item.
I could have replied to almost any other post, but since yours is last here goes.

Economics (and price) boils down to supply and demand. Simple as that.
If her game is good enough and enough people agree with her 2500 goal, then good for her.
Personally I think it's unrealistic, and is doomed to fail (like you say in your post), but it's not wrong for her to try.

Ultimately, people might think her art and POC is so good that they want to back her fully. Other might think they want to hang back and see what happens, before supporting.

I have never been a fan of accusing devs of milking. Devs work hard and for them to expect payment is not unreasonable. The limiting factor is again Supply and demand. Your game (supply) needs to have enough demand, so that you can reach your goal. Price is a way of changing demand, so wanting $2500 might make the demand less, causing you to fail.

What other freelance artist etc get, is irrelevant. The demand for their work is more, so they can charge more. Obviously the more famous you get, like MR Dots, the more people want to play your games, the more they are willing to pay. I know patreon is not a pay to play system, but it still boils down to the demand to play the game. In this case popularity = demand.

Done with my 2 cents

Studio Kuma

The Broke Dev
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2019
Any Artist worth their salt is going to charge a high amount especially if the goal is commercial. People on this website really do not understand cost from a practical perspective. 2500 is fair when you take into account writing coding and art. Which still is rather low(extremely low), industry standard for artwork is around 500~ per image ranging all the way up to 4000 for some higher jobs. The outlier cough league of legends is around 15000-20000 I wish I was joking. If a developer wants to work at a deficit it means capital is necessary to that end, furthermore, there's upfront spending for an initial release. I get it, its patreon. But you will never see extremely skilled artists(there's some but not many) enter the field until there's some indication that people are willing to support an expected higher cost team. Until that point you're going to get low skill cram trash where the art costs nothing and there's little to no innovation. For the dev if you're reading this, A practical model would be a simplistic easily derived artform that doesn't require a high time cost for painting, I already know you're photobashing which reduces the amount of time taken for individual images but a recessed version of that would be...a wiser decision. Think Cell Shaded Overwatch(y) art style. I get that you probably can't make these changes but a compromise would be to keep the general level of drawing and then a flat art style that acts as an intermediary for later images that can be easily painted on top of. Goodluck
Have to agree with you there mate.

Reactions: rf96
4.20 star(s) 103 Votes