4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
I like the new style. It is different from the old one, even less detailed, but it's perfectly fine for the game. Changing the artist can't be done without changes in style and even some changes of the characters. I always prefer that over cancelling the game alltogether. Ok, Tom seemingly lost some of it's striking dominance, but we have only Chapter 1 so far. I am quite optimistic about the new Lust Campus...

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Come on, guys. The new pictures are still great. They are just not as great as they used to be, but still better than 99% hand-drawn games on this site.

Just imagine for a second that you see a game with the pictures like the ones in this new version of the game. You would probably say that the art is awesome and you are looking forward to new updates.

Last edited:

judgenot93

Feb 9, 2019
never played the old version, but i love the art style. and from the screenshots in the thread i even slightly prefer the MCs new look.
looking forward to this a lot, just hope pure lesbian route will be available which it feels like it will.

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Please, remind me what this game was supposed to be? A shy-girl-becomes-a-slut kind of game, like Good Girl Gone Bad or what? I mean the tags say "romance" and "lesbian"....

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Still waiting for at least 1 lesbian route, but looking at the change in style I am more worried about the game just dying. A rework (as much as it is a required step after what the previous artist did) is a big undertaking, especially for a game that wasn't even finished by any means.

Sadly, I feel as if the change will piss off a lot of people, even though (as far as I can judge those things) the new artist actually is even better. There are more details to the characters and, while being a bit less filled by individual items, the new backgrounds look more natural and alive.

All I can do is hope the Dev doesn't loose the motivation to continue working (and sub sequentially finishing) on the game & still is committed to add at least 1 path for people who aren't interested in the male romance options that already exist.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Please, remind me what this game was supposed to be? A shy-girl-becomes-a-slut kind of game, like Good Girl Gone Bad or what? I mean the tags say "romance" and "lesbian"....
If it gets completed with the initially "promised" stuff it can be a bunch of things, more romance, mostly corruption, straight, lesbian...whatever the player wishes to do.

Reactions: qazxsw80

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
I don't think there's much doubt that from an objective point of view the quality of the old art was a level above the new, but in the long run I'm confident the game will be far better with the new artist. He's not uncomfortable drawing lewd scenes; the style isn't as perfectionistic as the old one, meaning we're already seeing far more illustrations per update and per scene; and as the illustrations in the first chapter imply, he's got his own vision for how he wants the visual side of the game to be. I think the graphic novel inspired illustrations with close-ups worked really well, and I'm looking forward to see how he will put his mark on the scenes once the heat turns up a notch. I think the chances are good they'll create some really hot scenes together.

It seems like the old artist wasn't that invested in the game either other than as an assignment he solved according to the instructions. Being a solo developer is a lonely job, and creative work isn't easy to do alone; it will probably also be a big advantage for Joanna to have someone to work with while creating the scenes.

Edit: I also think the writing was noticably better in the new version. Hopefully also the story will be a couple of notches better now that the developer has some experience to build on.

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
It's not just the art that's declined in quality. Version C1Rb is a minefield of scripting errors and exceptions, with missing background images in between. This game is over.
Where? I didn't encounter a single error or missing image. Granted, too, this is Beta.

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes