4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
Do you know why the game ends after first night? Am I missing something?
I haven't replayed the original to compare, but I'm assuming its the natural end of the chapter.

If this is the pattern to expect, the narrative framework doesn't change within chapters but there's new content squeezed in.

Reactions: Cnagroup

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
I hope the new art will increase the speed of development - because we lose a lot of style and atmosphere with it.

View attachment 1947515
Yes, if the style of the art is one thing, the character design raises questions. Tom's old appearance matched his spoiled pish-posh wannabe bad boy persona — a slightly sloppy haircut and pretentious badass clothing. And the new Tom is dressed like a redneck and looks like Niletto only with a bowl cut.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I liked it. New art style will take some getting used to. Expressions aren't as good as the old style, but it still has it's own flair at least. Though the masturbation scene was much better in the new style I think than the old one. The comic feel of it, along with the art itself, was more erotic.

Darren's new look was a bit jarring. Much different from how he used to look (maybe it's the hair that is throwing me off). Haven't seen how Sophie will look yet (haven't seen her previews with the new art yet), so hoping it isn't too drastic. The rest of the cast though pretty much transferred well. Just Darren so far threw me off is all. And the new character is adorable.

A lot of the writing got an upgrade as well which was nice to see. Feels more fluid now and just better overall. Instead of the whole "here are my thoughts about what has happened so far while I do nothing", we get a nice yoga session while the MC reflects on her day. Everything just felt more alive instead of just going through the usual paces like before. Really helped connect with the story and characters more now.

Overall though, I rather enjoyed the new version. Going to miss the old art style, but the new art style has it's own charm at least. Looks like the front page will need an update though on the thumbnails and banner to reflect the current game. Thanks for your work, and looking forward to the rest of the rework! ;)

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Literally pointless to release remakes before it surpasses old version in content.
Don't dl it for the next 2 years as they release redundant mini-updates working towards the real new release.

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
woah! the rework of the game looks good, the artstyle looks really nice, and yeah it's a small part of original game that was reworked

Jul 27, 2018
Bahhh. Dont care about the art. The old is good so this new one. Ch1 remake was short but very nice and pleasant to play. But i dont know. Theres something inside me that keep screaming "this game wont be completed, dont get too attached".

Reactions: SpecY_92

tania

Jun 30, 2017
I dont mind the new art style, i still like it but i notice its a little to dark in color, maybe raise the bright!

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I am counting games being reworked and remade after the first chapter. One more to my list. At least this one has a good excuse as someone said above that the artist quit the project and didn't leave the rights to use their drawings and stuff.

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes