4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

BachelorChow

Jul 26, 2017
Damn, this art direction is not doing game any favours.
The original one was much more detailed with the downside of some facial expressions looking weird. This new one feels oversimplified.
Overall it feels like unnecessary remake.

Reactions: Truvelo

okfairenough

Mar 1, 2020
Wow. That's nuts. Too each their own I guess. I thought that whole scenerio was poorly done for turning him down. I mean, if the writer is a guy, at least that holds with how badly she was written in that scene. Left me with a very negative view of the MC, enough to quit.
I agree, it was actually much worse in the first version. Seems like they have tamed it down a bit in the rewrite but it's still bad. Fortunately, this doesn't happen anywhere else in the game.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
I wasn't aware of that but I can help to wonder if now this game will just drown in pool of mediocrity since the original art was factor that attracted many people to this game. Well, time will tell.
The new art is much better and I kinda like it. I hope the no more male portagonist choise forced upon us player. I will stop play it only if I see male choise in this game.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
The old art was better and more realistic, but the new one can be given a chance. In the game, the art looks better than on the preview. I already thought that the game is dead, but it seems that it is not.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And at some points, Alice's new look reminds me of Max from Stranger Things.

reilynn

Jan 16, 2018
Bingo. She's into stuff that borders into rape play. She hasn't said as much but that's what my gut tells me. Probably one of the reasons why her former partner (who's a man) left the project.
Like I get being into rapeplay. I can enjoy that content to. A good portion of my games have that. But that scene was just too much too early in the game. You (as the player) are early into the game, and barely have a feeling for the character and you're suppose to just be down that shit that fast? And even if you aren't, the turning him down was poorly handled.
Oh well. I like a lot of what I have seen. Maybe I'll try it again in 6 months and see if they smooth that out.

I guess, the way the "no" route was written, it makes me think that this will be an ongoing thing I can't escape and will constantly have to deal with as well. I get enough of that in real life.

atrebor68

Engaged Member
Aug 26, 2020
Are you being serious right now? This is a remake of Chapter 1 with the new art style and updated writing. Of course your old saves won't work cause this is basically a restart of the entire game.
OMG, another game restarted.
In my defence the game shows the old savings.

Reactions: Hawky1984

DisturbedMan

Feb 5, 2018
Got minutes into this game and we get to meet a second guy, he was so annoying and the options presented were none I was happy with. Noping out of this game. If they are going to have womanizing game-playing assholes, and give us the ability to nope out of relationships, the noping out needs to be more fullfilling. She should have pushed him out of the way or forced her way past him like so many women have to do with creeps like that. That whole scene pissed me off enough not to play this game again. A shame cause I liked everything I was seeing up until that point.

Maybe it won't bug most of you. Sure annoyed the fuck out of me.
Actually, the writer and game director is a woman. She said it many times on her posts. you can find some here just go back. Hope this clears the confusion.

LC_Writer_conf.png

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
Like I get being into rapeplay. I can enjoy that content to. A good portion of my games have that. But that scene was just too much too early in the game. You (as the player) are early into the game, and barely have a feeling for the character and you're suppose to just be down that shit that fast? And even if you aren't, the turning him down was poorly handled.
Oh well. I like a lot of what I have seen. Maybe I'll try it again in 6 months and see if they smooth that out.

I guess, the way the "no" route was written, it makes me think that this will be an ongoing thing I can't escape and will constantly have to deal with as well. I get enough of that in real life.
Would just like to say I recommend giving it a chance even after that scene, yes, I agree that opening with Tom is badly executed, or at least there should have been a 'slap him' option or something similar.

Iirc there aren't any more scenes like that as the game progresses.

Reactions: 88Michele88

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Like I get being into rapeplay. I can enjoy that content to. A good portion of my games have that. But that scene was just too much too early in the game.
No one is praising her writing style. At least they don't kiss like in the original. This version is almost an improvement in that regard.
Maybe a man would have written the scene in a more sensible way :LOL:

TheDeviant

Aug 7, 2017
You are blind I see, need a doctor. Saind the one who enitn native english speaker eighter.
Go see Dev instargram, dev it's not a writer. Look he got a writer and proofreader. Don't fool your self too much.

that stamentain't false you you claim it to be. Hilarius :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Why are you spreading misinformation? This game is made by Redlolly aka Joanna Devas and her artist. (The previous male artist quit and we don't know the gender of the new artist afaik) If you would have read a few of her previous posts it would be obvious that she writes and scripts the game.

You come into this forum and bitch about a male choice in this female protagonist game - not once, not twice, but several times - we got it, you don't like it. You even posted it on her Patreon. I guess if Joanna wants to take in your feedback she will do so. It's not like anyone here can do something about it.

Thing is, I even agree with you that it would be better to not make a choice in the 'meanwhile' features if the person isn't a protagonist character (male or female). And, like reilynn and you, I am also not the biggest fan of how the Tom scene in the first chapter is handled. Yes, if she gives us the option how our Alice is dealing with Tom she should give us a more realistic way to 'turn him down'. My guess is Joanna didn't want to deal with massively diverging paths, which will complicate future development...

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020
@reilynn The studio have a feedback form (and a Discord) posted on their Patreon page, it could be the good place to tell them about what you did not like about the first MC vs Tom dialogue. Personally i do like the fact than Tom is an obvious Jerk, but i agree with you with the lack of option to ignore him (and his sister later on). That said it is a bit understandable, because the main paths seem to all be related with this family (the Jerk, the Bitch Queen Bee and the Rich Daddy). Ignoring them would probably remove most of the paths.

@88Michele88 I do not agree with you. The Patreon page old post are relatively clear than even if Redlolly generally present themselves as a team. The team leader and main writer is a female (who is also a model), but there is also a (new) artist, a translator/proofreader, a developer and even an external people for the backgrounds and music. The team lead seem to be the one doing most of the testing and debugging, but she is also the main script author. No male writer seem to be part of the team. (in short writer = female ; dev = male ; artists old and new = males)

@Doppelgang That said, the point of "the writer is a female" is not a good justification for a female MC lack of character. The writer of the successful 50 shades of Grey is also a female, but it's still very bad story with a stupid female MC and a psychopath. The same goes with Anna Rice, with her Sleeping Beauty trilogy: a stupid female MC, a psychopath and a boring story. (And so on, how many Harlequin stories with stupid and feeble females MCs writed by a female author ?). This story is certainly not lacking as this bad examples, but it would indeed be nice to have "Ignore this guy/girl" choices.

@BachelorChow i agree with you, i do also prefer the old art, even if the new one is still good. And what i liked most in the old art where the weird smirks.

Last edited:

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Thing is, I even agree with you that it would be better to not make a choice in the 'meanwhile' features if the person isn't a protagonist character (male or female).

And, like reilynn and you, I am also not the biggest fan of how the Tom scene in the first chapter is handled. Yes, if she gives us the option how our Alice is dealing with Tom she should give us a more realistic way to 'turn him down'. My guess is Joanna didn't want to deal with massively diverging paths, which will complicate future development...
For mean while I was happy fo female character like bonnie I would undertand and happy acceped it. Bu with male character choise. Not thanks It what gonna make me gonna delte the game and never playing it never again. It sad thta dev herself decide to force us player to choise for male character. I t better if she made a game about thoese male charcter or make it otionale I dont' west my time and breaking my immersion from Alice if it goinna be male protagonist choise. For me is a big no. You saing I'm biting read overview cafull what you see in the description of the game? all about Alice, tha make me that her choise metter not other characters the sadly show up no where with forcing has choise (for male characater) it killed my whlole interst I had in this game.

Last edited:

TheDeviant

Aug 7, 2017
[...] it kieeld amy whlole inters I had in this game.
And that is fine. I get why you don't like it. But this is a forum that shares a pirated version of this game to other likeminded individuals. We can't do anything about what a developer does write and what not. If you were more civil and became a Patreon and participated in her Discord the dev might listen to you and the game might be better for it in the end.

Reactions: Walter Victor

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
This story is certainly not lacking as this two bad example, but it would indeed be nice to have "Ignore this guy/girl" choices.
"Ignoring Girl/Guy choise" could be cool and I would never stopping playing it. Since it a game wee need a choise to rether playing or not boy and girl in meanwhile. This would be rise the interest on this game.

• Haha
Reactions: RozenCharles

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The old art was better and more realistic, but the new one can be given a chance. In the game, the art looks better than on the preview. I already thought that the game is dead, but it seems that it is not.

And at some points, Alice's new look reminds me of Max from Stranger Things.
If this is the new art then it is really great. :love: :love:

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
And that is fine. I get why you don't like it. But this is a forum that shares a pirated version of this game to other likeminded individuals. We can't do anything about what a developer does write and what not. If you were more civil and became a Patreon and participated in her Discord the dev might listen to you and the game might be better for it in the end.
makeing a choise to play meanwhile girl or guy or just skip them could be cool.

Nope they benned me from discord, becouse I hated Male Character choise in game.

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes