4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

Garybaldi

Jun 6, 2021
Recent posts answer my question - coming at it cold I was hoping the old artwork which is amazing was the newer version. The new version is far inferior which is a tragedy beyond words

Nobuko

Feb 26, 2021
I suddenly remembered this game yesterday and am glad to see the many updates and that it's still ongoing. :) Looks like I last played this in April 2021 with C3 Final 2.

Finished C2R Final about half an hour ago and now I'm playing through old version C5. I do like the new art, but I get why people might prefer the old style. I think Bonnie's new design looks much better and the newer version has a nicer flow. Can't wait to see what future updates bring!

Reactions: GifMeMore1987

GandalfTheGrey91

May 1, 2022
Can someone explain why the new and the old art-styles have to be different? I know the person who did the old one isn't any longer on the project but it's not like he had some sort of patent on his style. Plagiarism maybe?

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Can someone explain why the new and the old art-styles have to be different? I know the person who did the old one isn't any longer on the project but it's not like he had some sort of patent on his style. Plagiarism maybe?
Hello. Maybe the Dev searched for someone who would be able to do it but didn't find him/her ?!
Might be harder than you think.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Was a genuine question. I can't draw. Idk what you want from me?
I don't think the ire was directed at you specifically. But if you go back through this thread, it's mostly people just complaining about the art ad nauseum. It gets tiring when it's 10 straight pages of "Why art suck now?" Was the old art better? Objectively yes. But the new art is also good, honestly fantastic compared to several other popular 2D games on this site. People that are fans of the game are just tired that the discussion always seems to be about the art. Because of reasons that don't really concern us the art style had to be changed and rather than just abandoning the project all together Red Lolly is remaking it.

People that are fans of the original story are just wanting the remake to be done with and the story to be progressing again, and we're waiting on art and having to listen to complaints about the art.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I don't think the ire was directed at you specifically. But if you go back through this thread, it's mostly people just complaining about the art ad nauseum. It gets tiring when it's 10 straight pages of "Why art suck now?" Was the old art better? Objectively yes. But the new art is also good, honestly fantastic compared to several other popular 2D games on this site. People that are fans of the game are just tired that the discussion always seems to be about the art. Because of reasons that don't really concern us the art style had to be changed and rather than just abandoning the project all together Red Lolly is remaking it.

People that are fans of the original story are just wanting the remake to be done with and the story to be progressing again, and we're waiting on art and having to listen to complaints about the art.
Add to that the people come asking without bothering to read/search the thread to figure out why the change happened.

Also the new artist is drawing a lot more when compared to the old one.
If people took their nostalgia colored glasses off they would noticed how few (in quantity) the old artwork was.

GandalfTheGrey91

May 1, 2022

So he's basically just a butt hurt idiot who felt offended by my question? I haven't asked for a new artist to get the old style back cuz I like both. I was just interested in it haha.

Thanks for the answer bro, I didn't know what he wanted.

Geigi

Jul 7, 2017
I gave up on this game. If they take that long for remaking an already existing chapter (with a couple new scenes) imagine how they'll take to make a new chapter...
Remember that poll? The one where the dev asked patrons to vote for either slow progress but finished chapter or fast progress but to post chapter in parts whereas they would be shorter until finished. The former had won. The chapter 3 should be released at the end of the april.

Last edited:
Reactions: afterlights

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

1683026446898.png
Hi guys!

May is here and we bring you C3 news. The chapter is almost finished, as you can see: the content part is ready and now we are dealing with polishing, posing and reviewing everything, both the script and bugs.

We had planned to launch this new chapter around these dates, but we're afraid it will be delayed for approximately two more weeks. This is because we have decided to try to implement some simple animations to the hot scene of this chapter, and that is taking us this extra time since it is the first time we do it. The idea is that if they turn out well and you like the result in C3, we would try to do it with some future scenes.

We know you want to play it and it's almost there! In the waiting time we will be uploading some sneak peeks to make the wait shorter.

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes