4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

verved

Mar 14, 2021
Let's pre-empt the complaining to remind everyone that this will be the patreon release which typically has bugs. People pay to get an early view of the new version. The public release follows relatively soon after and is much more stable.

So if you are going to load the early release, don't complain that it's buggy!
yup! its called alpha version for a reason tho

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Delay can happen. I perfectly understand it. But i don't understand why devs are giving the delay info at the very last minute. Dev didn't delay it 2-3 days but a week which means that she/he already knew that it was impossible to make the release on time then why wait till last minute?

Anyway, i am not trying to be salty or toxic. Those are my honest opinion. That's it. I wish to dev good health and good luck for the next week.

RenGames69

Dev of "Under The Full Moon"
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2020
Delay can happen. I perfectly understand it. But i don't understand why devs are giving the delay info at the very last minute. Dev didn't delay it 2-3 days but a week which means that she/he already knew that it was impossible to make the release on time then why wait till last minute?

Anyway, i am not trying to be salty or toxic. Those are my honest opinion. That's it. I wish to dev good health and good luck for the next week.
I think you're right.

RenGames69

Dev of "Under The Full Moon"
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2020
Here we go with delays and bla bla, last update was 22 march the new one will come 7 July, almost 4 months. Where are the 2 max 3 months promises? They lucky that Eva helped them grow fast but now are crystallized since october and even go down with patrons and will continue like this.
Well Eva is on another level. They're not even close in my opinion.

kerriwm25

Mar 19, 2020
Delay can happen. I perfectly understand it. But i don't understand why devs are giving the delay info at the very last minute.
This happens to most devs, not just in the game industry. One issue could set you back weeks, or it could be solved in a 15 minutes ... and you often don't know which until you are in the thick of it.

We often tend to be an optimistic bunch too, with a belief in our superhuman ability to overcome all obstacles despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. :LOL:

Nov 15, 2020
Here we go with delays and bla bla, last update was 22 march the new one will come 7 July, almost 4 months. Where are the 2 max 3 months promises? They lucky that Eva helped them grow fast but now are crystallized since october and even go down with patrons and will continue like this.
Hey, I remember you, you’re the person that complained about a minor delay for the latest Our Red String update as well, and insisted that the wait between those two episodes was 4–5 months, even though it quite obviously wasn’t (it ended up being almost exactly 3 months). You’re closer this time, but still not quite there: The interval between those two dates are exactly three and a half months, not "almost four". Also, the release date was given with the specific reservation that she was having an operation, and that it might happen that it would delay the release. Which it turned out to do. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I also don’t think Redlolly has ever promised that releases will be ready in between two to three months.

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
Hey, I remember you, you’re the person that complained about a minor delay for the latest Our Red String update as well, and insisted that the wait between those two episodes was 4–5 months, even though it quite obviously wasn’t (it ended up being almost exactly 3 months). You’re closer this time, but still not quite there: The interval between those two dates are exactly three and a half months, not "almost four". Also, the release date was given with the specific reservation that she was having an operation, and that it might happen that it would delay the release. Which it turned out to do. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I also don’t think Redlolly has ever promised that releases will be ready in between two to three months.
Maybe you should learn to read before talking. First phrase on Patreon ''This game is still under development. We release an update every 2-3 months.''

GrimWraith

Jun 19, 2020
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I also don’t think Redlolly has ever promised that releases will be ready in between two to three months.
She did say that every new chapter would be released exactly 2 months after the release of the final version of the previous chapter.
I don't really mind the delay tho but it IS a little unprofessional to delay the update on the day it was supposed to be released as it makes me lose hype and is a lot more disappointing than say if it was informed 2-3 days prior.

Nov 15, 2020
Maybe you should learn to read before talking. First phrase on Patreon ''This game is still under development. We release an update every 2-3 months.''
Deal! I learn to read, as long as you do some work on your math skills.

That still only leaves it at 8 days more than they claim, though, plus one extra week for extraordinary reasons. It’s a delay, but not a big one. Also it’s quite normal to use longer time as the updates gradually get bigger. It might very well be a one time thing, or they might decide to update the timeframe, precisely if this update proves to them that they need a few more weeks from now on.

I do however agree with those saying that the statement about it should ideally have been given a bit earlier.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
She did say that every new chapter would be released exactly 2 months after the release of the final version of the previous chapter.
I don't really mind the delay tho but it IS a little unprofessional to delay the update on the day it was supposed to be released as it makes me lose hype and is a lot more disappointing than say if it was informed 2-3 days prior.
Exactly my thoughts.. You said that way better than me man.

Brickman

May 26, 2017
It always amuses me when people complain about delays and lack of professionalism when they expect to get the game without contributing a single dollar to it's development and with little to zero knowledge into what it takes to create a piece of software like this. Quality takes time, indie devs are very small teams, sometimes a single developer, and even triple A studios delay their releases time and time again.

verved

Mar 14, 2021
It always amuses me when people complain about delays and lack of professionalism when they expect to get the game without contributing a single dollar to it's development and with little to zero knowledge into what it takes to create a piece of software like this. Quality takes time, indie devs are very small teams, sometimes a single developer, and even triple A studios delay their releases time and time again.
the funny thing is those who paid they didnt complain about the delay lmao

Reactions: Sirren
Oct 1, 2020
Real life happens outside our own indulgence of being a jolly pirate. Surgeries, Covid, Family dramas etc. all things that can affect anyone and obviously devs of these games are prone to it as well. If they consistently delay, then yes, roast their hineys ;)
Otherwise, cut them a bit of slack. Anyways, maybe the delay is a good thing to cut your fapping down before you horny lot go blind :LOL:

Last edited:

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
Real life happens outside our own indulgence of being a jolly pirate. Surgeries, Covid, Family dramas etc. all things that can affect anyone and obviously devs of these games are prone to it as well. If they consistently delay, then yes, roast their hineys ;)
Otherwise, cut them a bit of slack. Anyways, maybe the delay is a good thing to cut your fapping down before you horny lot go blind :LOL:
Wait, who said that?? :cool:

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes