Ginyu6789

Apr 9, 2018
Maybe. I've been thinking about ways to automate at least parts of it but I haven't come up with anything yet. I'm also wagering that the majority of the dialogue isn't changing so it should be easy enough to update, albeit time consuming and tedious.
make a russian friend maybe? sounds sarcastic but im being serious lol

RenPythagorus

Jun 6, 2017
make a russian friend maybe? sounds sarcastic but im being serious lol
The issue isn't the time to transfer each line. The issue is the sheer number of lines that need translating. For the most part, it's copy and paste into the google translator. Only a few lines have required serious tweaking.

There has also been modifications to the code itself that have commands that also require translating (but that part I have down now). The majority of the base code has been updated now to support english and russian plus an option button to switch between the languages. Now it's just plug and chug.

ZLZK

Modder
Jul 2, 2017
For the most part, it's copy and paste into the google translator.
Not for me. :C
Because english isn't my native language and I'm struggling to make it sound right.
The majority of the base code has been updated now to support english and russian plus an option button to switch between the languages.
For me, I didn't have to edit any code or to add modified copy of code to add buttons. XD
Now it's just plug and chug.
Same for me.

PS Here you have a little tip from me.
If you have this game, you can enable console and use it to see your progress via jump command.
E.g. If you traslated label mc_something, you can just click Shift + O in the started game and write jump mc_something.
In some case you need to add value to variables but I'm sure you will get hang of it.

There has also been modifications to the code itself that have commands that also require translating (but that part I have down now).
PS2 So you din't miss Teachersstats file?

RenPythagorus

Jun 6, 2017
Not for me. :C
For me, I didn't have to edit any code or to add modified copy of code to add buttons. XD
It might be the way I created the translation files as I used the Ren'py SDK and it used a different method than the Old and New line style.

How did you add controls to switch between Russian and English without modifying options.rpy or screens.rpy?

And teacherstats.rpy will need to be added to my list. The SDK didn't create a translation file for it as it didn't recognize any dialogue for it. Thanks for the heads up on that one!

ZLZK

Modder
Jul 2, 2017
It might be the way I created the translation files as I used the Ren'py SDK and it used a different method than the Old and New line style.
Old/New is used when you translate text that isn't in dialogue and it's translating every loaded and/or showed text with that function.
But you can used it to traslate chosen words in dialogue too.

How did you add controls to switch between Russian and English without modifying options.rpy or screens.rpy?
Magic. hehe xD

And teacherstats.rpy will need to be added to my list. The SDK didn't create a translation file for it as it didn't recognize any dialogue for it. Thanks for the heads up on that one!
Because every text was in text displayable and it did't contain _(" ") to make SDK detect it.
It's creator fault. :|

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
I realize that there was a lot of conflict in this thread, but it doesn't really seem to me like any one is really a bad person. People said and did some things that maybe could've been avoided, but at the end of the day there's a really good translator who seems to like the game and translated it so that English readers could enjoy, a public who really enjoys the game, and a developer who creates a great game and releases it for free after some delay. A little while back @_Aid_ said that she is okay with the game being translated to English and released here with a delay (a few weeks I think). Is there any way that you @sobeedge would be being willing to work on it again? I'm not sure how the translation is going for @RenPythagorus and @zetake (thank you two as well), but maybe there could be collaboration if they're still doing it? I totally understand if you don't want to, it's not my intention to pressure anyone; I just thought there wouldn't be any harm in asking. Whatever your answer is thank you for the work you did on it, and thank you _Aid_ for making the game. I hope I'll one day get to play the newer versions in English, but if that doesn't happen, I hope the Russian audience enjoys the game; and I wish you sobeedge good luck with whatever you may do.

Reactions: ZLZK

ZLZK

Modder
Jul 2, 2017
Well, I'm working on better traslation without knowledge about english and russian, therefore I'm struggling and learning at the expense of time.

I had generated complete files for translation, and I made a nice switch between languages.
I din't work much on it in recent days.
My progress is about 2.5% lel (out of 3.3mb :/)

Reactions: RHFlash

RenPythagorus

Jun 6, 2017
I didn't get much of a chance to work on it last week due to other time demands. I did make considerable progress on a couple of the medium sized files and I've been looking into automating the larger ones for a rough translation and then clean them up later. I'll do a break down on the progress later today. @zetake and I have been in communication about various things and he's provided some great info on things that need to be added to the list.

Edit: RL work took precedence today. Will get those numbers up tomorrow.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
"Next version approximate release date - In the second half of march. I'll be adding some new mechanics. That's why it'll take so long."
I feel like an idiot but I just figured out you can change the text color on this website. This quote is from the overview of the developers patreon. Maybe it would be better to wait to translate until the next version? If she's adding new mechanics then that probably means the older code has additions and modifications, and if you guys don't know Russian, wouldn't it be hard to find out what code has been added/modified from the last version? I don't know, I'm just assuming. Basically, wouldn't you have to compare the Russian code from 0.6 to the code from 0.7 to find the differences, translate that, and then add that to the translated 0.6? Again, I'm not sure here, but that sounds imposssible for someone who can't read Russian. But this may be true for any subsequent releases, if this really is a problem.

ZLZK

Modder
Jul 2, 2017
New mechanics shouldn't affect old text.
And SDK can update translation.(to add not translated parts)
So, no problem at all.

And even if there was need to copy translation from line to line it'd be no challenge.
Because copying text is much easier than translating.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
New mechanics shouldn't affect old text.
And SDK can update translation.(to add not translated parts)
So, no problem at all.

And even if there was need to copy translation from line to line it'd be no challenge.
Because copying text is much easier than translating.
Oh, that's good news then :)

RenPythagorus

Jun 6, 2017
Alright... here's my current numbers on the translation. Work has been killing me this week so hopefully I'll get to resume progress soon.

albert.rpy (3KB) - 100%
anna.rpy (300KB) - 0.5%
beautysalon.rpy (10KB) - 100%
common.rpy (21KB) - 0%
Ekaterina.rpy (15KB) - 0%
elly.rpy (218KB) - 0%
helen.rpy (631KB) - 0%
inventory.rpy (1KB) - 0%
lisacockins.rpy (5KB) - 0%
lockpick.rpy (1KB) - 100%
mcworkout.rpy (22KB) - 0%
mcworkphotostudio.rpy (17KB) - 0%
megan.rpy (151KB) - 0%
myclicker.rpy (1KB) - 0%
myfool.rpy (3KB) - 0%
mygallery.rpy (221KB) - 0%
nikashopkeeper.rpy (138KB) - 0%
options.rpy (1KB) - 100%
Rei.rpy (212KB) - 0%
screens.rpy (7KB) - 100%
script.rpy (137KB) - 77%
sofia.rpy (1KB) - 100%
tanisha.rpy (246KB) - 0%
univcomputer.rpy (18KB) - 80% (First attempt at automation. Everything is translated but is in two separate files)

Added files (not caught by translator. Thanks goto @zetake for the catch)
teachersstats.rpy (42KB) - 27%
inventory.rpy
mcstatsscreen.rpy
myweekdaycounter.rpy

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
AiD released Version 0.6.Sofia_Edition to early access patrons a couple of days ago. I'm assuming 0.7 is going to be delayed a bit

4.90 star(s) 7 Votes