RenPythagorus

Jun 6, 2017
@RHFlash, we've been talking but have been taking different approaches in doing the translation.

On a general note, due to a product launch at work requiring more time than normal I haven't made any progress over the last week or two. :(

Reactions: RHFlash

RenPythagorus

Jun 6, 2017
To a degree. Some of the files require broken up into smaller pieces to translate then reassembled. The one problem with this method is that the original, commented-out, lines are also translated. I'm working on a script that will build a new file that combines the translated with the original so that it'll be easier to go from computer translated text to smoothed out text. But that's something that will happen over time and, hopefully, with other people providing feedback.

ZLZK

Modder
Jul 2, 2017
@RenPythagorus
Follow up:
If you have already generated translations.txt file from empy strings.
Then you can swap lines with notepad++.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can generate translations.txt with chosen files instead of all if you give that tool path to only these.
Therefore this tool doens't require your files to be in specific catalog, they can be anywhere.

And yes, my approach is different but it didn't mean that I couldn't help with yours.
Because I did research on making translation for renpy games, thus I'm prepared.

AMUR48

Jun 24, 2018
[QUOTE = "Legend 123, post: 1748989, member: 643941"] будет ли с этим работать перевод zetake?[/ЦИТАТА]

I do not know, I did not even understand the question

Legend 123

May 28, 2018
[QUOTE = "Legend 123, post: 1748989, member: 643941"] будет ли с этим работать перевод zetake?[/ЦИТАТА]

I do not know, I did not even understand the question
I asked that the translation file uploaded by zetake will work on this 0.6 sofia edition or not ?

ZLZK

Modder
Jul 2, 2017
In my case, I had and I have time but I spend much less of it on translation, because I'm often not in a mood to work on it.
And the fact that I and the other person didn't do too much translation doesn't mean that someone else didn't do it.
But in this case, it's written there that it's in Russian, so I doubt that it's translated.
Especially since this version just came out.
Yet who knows, I have no way to check this out.

RenPythagorus

Jun 6, 2017
@RenPythagorus
Follow up:
If you have already generated translations.txt file from empy strings.
Then you can swap lines with notepad++.
You can generate translations.txt with chosen files instead of all if you give that tool path to only these.
Therefore this tool doens't require your files to be in specific catalog, they can be anywhere.

And yes, my approach is different but it didn't mean that I couldn't help with yours.
Because I did research on making translation for renpy games, thus I'm prepared.
This isn't exactly my problem. The translation files I created through the engine require less work than this after I reviewed some of the options.

For example, my files are in this format:

# game/anna.rpy:834
translate english anna_talk_68a09753:

# anna "Да, госпожа? Могу я Вам помочь?"
anna "Да, госпожа? Могу я Вам помочь?"

# game/anna.rpy:836
translate english anna_talk_19b9da32:

# plr "{color=#FF69B4}{i}Хо-хо... \"госпожа\", значит?{/i}{/color}"
plr "{color=#FF69B4}{i}Хо-хо... \"госпожа\", значит?{/i}{/color}"

Basically, I just need to throw them into the translators, do any editing necessary because the \ escape character tends to get some spaces added around them, and test. The main issue is that the files do need to broken down into parsable chunks as most translators can only handle about 60K at a time and some of these files are significantly larger than that. The translations aren't ideal, though. I'm only going to do this just to get them out of the way once I finish the manual translations I have in progress. At this point, I'm aiming to make the game playable, even if the text is clunky, and then we can refine it later.

ZLZK

Modder
Jul 2, 2017
@RenPythagorus
As I said, you can replace chars that are troublesome with something that isn't, and after translating you can raplece them back.
As for too large files, solution is easy. Just cut them in pieces, and after traslating put them together.(If you want, but it doesn't matter if they're separeted.)
Renpy doesn't care where are files and how are named, only if they're in tl\langname catalog.
Anyway I reccomend you to do it like I said, because files will be smaller.(Almost 2 times.) Especially since you said that size is a problem.
So if you do it with translations.txt, you can cut only this file into pieces and just apply these parts with program to your traslation files. In this way, you'll avoid creating additional files.

Your way of doing fast translation will only work if you'll check yourself everyline after traslating, and correct misspelled lines.
Because if you not, then you'll get broken traslation instead of bearable one.

And why won't I do it this way? Well, my English is bad, so I can't check and correct it quickly like some common person, especially when my basic language skill are also poor.
Thus, I'm not fitted to do this kind of work, but I'll do it anyway, in my way.

Reactions: QBall and Hurui

Fury945

Mar 5, 2018
well based on how articulate you're being on this forum, I'd say your English and basic language skills outclass several native English speakers I went to high-school with, and due to that I'd say your ahead of myself and many others in the language department as I can only speak English, with fragments of German, French and Latin (French and German I had classes for about a year in two of the three primary schools I went to and my memory of said classes is like a sieve, Latin I have a page in a book with Latin phrases in it along with poker rules and a whole eclectic collection of random info that the author of said book mentioned every teenage boy should know which considering it was written from a British perspective it very well may be... in England).

4.90 star(s) 7 Votes