KingEddy

Dec 11, 2020
All well said, but I would argue that it is totally straightforward. I agree with KingEddy (based on his example) that this is a broad phenomenon, not particular to LfA. It goes like this: The, acceptable to me because of the problematic tag system, question (from all sexualities) "how much gay in this game" when there exists a gay tag, in order to find out if one wants to invest time in it or not. Another thing to do is to play it and post one's critique. And here emerges the issue. There are a lot of ways to criticise a game and, when it comes to the topic "gayness", let alone a fully M/M game, it's as if some people would prefer this to be a site for straight only games. At the very least, I myself feel uncomfortable sometimes. So, I support the "exasperation" comments because if left unanswered, it's as if we don't exist. But we do. We want M/M games (and better tags). And if the developer chooses midway to change the theme of the game, good for them I guess. We, the gamers, have to cope with it. Or comment on it in a non toxic way (which exists). But tbh to this date I haven't seen a post "your game used to have some gay scenes, but this update is only straight, mimimi". (I stole the mimimi from KingEddy, loved it!). To be clear though, I believe that there isn't any malice behind (the majority) of such posts.
Sorry for the English, it's not my mother tongue
I'm glad you liked mimimi, I don't care for people who live complaining all the time. but anyway they deleted what I commented here, I don't know why, I didn't say anything more than my mere thought, sincerely why a topic to comment on if you can't express yourself. Was it political correctness, or another MIMIMI.I find it very funny, people say that just because you're playing a game for free, you can't give an opinion, that for me is Irrelevant. criticizing, or sometimes even insulting as if gays had something to do with it, IS ANNOYING, I think so, you're helping to develop the game, and you want it to change talk directly to the GUY behind things. because if he changed along the way it could be two things, either straight 'helpers' weren't 'helping' or that he likes more gay content (to my delight). And make it clear, I will never think that an opinion is not important, whether you paid or not. And as you said, it's not just about this game, there are several that are always the same thing. But talking about this game in question is very broad and can come several variables. If it's to criticize, let it be something constructive.

Last edited:
Reactions: askqer

BigDaddyFrog

Oct 6, 2020
And if the developer chooses midway to change the theme of the game, good for them I guess.
Keep in mind that was because of his Patron poll.
Actual supporters voted for the upcoming content.

And as he makes money with the game it would be VERY STUPID not to give your supporters what they want.

GH057ts

Jun 21, 2020
So you didn't understand anything. There are a lot of words, but there is no essence. People don't complain about m/m content in general. People complain about not adding the rest of the content specified in the tags. Because all the content that took into account all the tags and satisfied everyone ends after the third location. Then, the author forgets about the other tags and makes only gay content.
I'm glad you liked mimimi, I don't care for people who live complaining all the time. but anyway they deleted what I commented here, I don't know why, I didn't say anything more than my mere thought, sincerely why a topic to comment on if you can't express yourself. Was it political correctness, or another MIMIMI.I find it very funny, people say that just because you're playing a game for free, you can't give an opinion, that for me is Irrelevant. criticizing, or sometimes even insulting as if gays had something to do with it, IS ANNOYING, I think so, you're helping to develop the game, and you want it to change talk directly to the GUY behind things. because if he changed along the way it could be two things, either straight 'helpers' weren't 'helping' or that he likes more gay content (to my delight). And make it clear, I will never think that an opinion is not important, whether you paid or not. And as you said, it's not just about this game, there are several that are always the same thing. But talking about this game in question is very broad and can come several variables. If it's to criticize, let it be something constructive.

• Haha
Reactions: RodRyder

krogine

Dec 3, 2018
just to boil down my stance i was trying to convey is very specific in that i think people who with the game early on shouldnt get flack for voicing REASONABLE opinions about the turn cus there was already plenty of gay content even in the beginning (and a rather overt favoritism for the men in the brothel seeing as nearly all of them got holiday outfits and none for the girls). the stuff was already there and people had little to no issue with it. it was mainly just the academy that started this. i also dont beleive every opinion voiced needs to be expressly positive or constructive just dont be dicks about it.

also, apparently someone didnt like my overly wordy milktoast opinion on this issue... so that's a thing.

Feb 3, 2021
People don't complain about m/m content in general.
Press X to doubt.

Then, the author forgets about the other tags and makes only gay content.
They didn't "forget." They got paid a whole bunch of money to make gay stuff. They're beholden to their paying customers, not some thread tags on a pirate forum lmao.

GH057ts

Jun 21, 2020
Press X to doubt.

They didn't "forget." They got paid a whole bunch of money to make gay stuff. They're beholden to their paying customers, not some thread tags on a pirate forum lmao.
This was also announced on their Patreon page. I've been subscribed to them for a long time. I paid the money. Only my proposals were rejected due to "uninteresting". And now I find out that the game has changed its direction and has become narrowly focused.

• Haha

GH057ts

Jun 21, 2020
I remember other authors. When they change their attitude to their game, they changed it to suit their taste, removing the excess. On the offer to do the same, they say here "then no one will come to us, and some of the sponsors will leave."
For example. Cloud Meadow makes content for everyone. If some kind of orientation prevails, then other content will be added to equalize in the next update. No one is angry or complaining there, as they make the game for everyone. Right here. In the beginning, they did it for everyone. Then they began to do only in one direction. So they get angry reviews in their address. If they immediately changed their direction and removed all female content. Then the disputes and reviews will stop in two days.

• Haha

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
If they immediately changed their direction and removed all female content. Then the disputes and reviews will stop in two days.
And why should he do it? why should he cut existing content from his game? do you even realize what you're saying?

He does not have the obligation to cut any existing content, even if he changed the direction of the game.

askqer

Apr 7, 2021
So you didn't understand anything. There are a lot of words, but there is no essence. People don't complain about m/m content in general. People complain about not adding the rest of the content specified in the tags. Because all the content that took into account all the tags and satisfied everyone ends after the third location. Then, the author forgets about the other tags and makes only gay content.
I think it's the content that defines the tags, not the other way around. So, the tags being subjective (they are added almost arbitrarily sometimes), doesn't automatically mean specific content, to me at least. That's why I play the game first or ask other people who have played it to find out if I am satisfied with its content. Sadly the "gay" tag is super elusive... Often appearing to be added as a warning rather than a sign for inclusiveness, contrary perhaps to the dev's intent. But I digress. I think the author doesn't forget about tags/content, they create whatever makes their engines revvin'.
Sorry for the English, it's not my mother tongue

Reactions: underrock

Boombit

Jun 8, 2022
bro imagine being here pirating a game then complains that it doesn't suit your taste. :D:ROFLMAO:
maybe talk less and rally up to flood his fking patreon page and start demanding hetero, beastiality, trees fucking or whatever the fuck you want with this game, eh?
you must be a special kind of entitled lil b**** to have the audacity to complain on a PIRATED GAME that cost people actual money to purchase XDDD
not to mention you are talking shit behind the creator's back and doesnt even have the balls to call it on his/her twitter

Reactions: Gaesesagai

GH057ts

Jun 21, 2020
bro imagine being here pirating a game then complains that it doesn't suit your taste. :D:ROFLMAO:
maybe talk less and rally up to flood his fking patreon page and start demanding hetero, beastiality, trees fucking or whatever the fuck you want with this game, eh?
you must be a special kind of entitled lil b**** to have the audacity to complain on a PIRATED GAME that cost people actual money to purchase XDDD
not to mention you are talking shit behind the creator's back and doesnt even have the balls to call it on his/her twitter
I was a patreon. I paid the money. I told him that in the messages. And then I was thrown out of Patreon. So it's doubly insulting to me.

Feb 3, 2021
This was also announced on their Patreon page. I've been subscribed to them for a long time. I paid the money. Only my proposals were rejected due to "uninteresting". And now I find out that the game has changed its direction and has become narrowly focused.
I was a patreon. I paid the money. I told him that in the messages. And then I was thrown out of Patreon. So it's doubly insulting to me.
You're butthurt that you personally, one out of over 500 of his patrons, were not given direct influence on the game. Then you went into DMs and suprisepikachu you're banned?

This doesn't even have to do with gay vs straight stuff anymore. I am legitimately impressed by this level of entitlement.

askqer

Apr 7, 2021
You're butthurt that you personally, one out of over 500 of his patrons, were not given direct influence on the game. Then you went into DMs and suprisepikachu you're banned?

This doesn't even have to do with gay vs straight stuff anymore. I am legitimately impressed by this level of entitlement.
Imo that's a bit harsh. GH057ts is a human being, if I'm not mistaken, so they're entitled to their telling their opinion and their story. Also, they're entitled to feeling "butthurt", if their story is true. On the other hand, the stuff about the ban implies that maybe they weren't very polite in the DMs...

Feb 3, 2021
Imo that's a bit harsh. GH057ts is a human being, if I'm not mistaken, so they're entitled to their telling their opinion and their story. Also, they're entitled to feeling "butthurt", if their story is true. On the other hand, the stuff about the ban implies that maybe they weren't very polite in the DMs...
I don't really know how else to put it without just lying.

Disappointment is understandable. I'm sure everyone that likes the game's current direction knows it very well. We've all seen games tagged "gay" but then it just ends up being one single scene in which both characters are a man and a woman, but the woman was a man and was instantaneously transformed in a woman because they brushed hands or something.

But you don't cause a ruckus about it and maybe harass the owner in the DMs. We know how it goes. Straight people make straight sex for the straight people paying for straight sex. It's not any different here.

What really takes it above and beyond is the sheer amount of "I'm the main character" energy they give off. Their feelings are valid. Every way they're expressing them is not.

That being said, I'm glad you're the type of person that thinks about this kind of thing. It says a lot good about you.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
When you pay Patreon money on a project, you are giving money to "Support" them develop said project.
You are not buying their service to make a game for you.

Why can't you just walk away, if you don't like there are too many "gay contents" to your liking?
Why keep coming back to complain about it every updates, on a pirate site that has no impact on the game, at all?

Polarthief

Dec 29, 2021
While I actually like gay stuff, I'm rather disappointed with 7.X overall because it's all been these school shenanigans of similar twinky-but-built body types. You've got all these monsters and unique races and tons of stuff to pick, and you reuse the same body type on four different races? Also using relatively the same thing for the vast majority of 7.X?
Idk, just seems very specific (and vanilla) for a game where we've been fucking monsters and beast-like races. I'm not complaining about the additions, hell I'm not paying for it, can't really complain, it's just like, what happened? Didn't we just come from Zul'Gurub (trolls, troll beasts, and troll deities), and now it's like, (mostly) vanilla gay schoolboys stuff? There was such variety before and now everything's just kinda the same. It just makes me stop and think about it.

3.40 star(s) 56 Votes