Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Doesn't this make any meaningful decision strenuous? That leaves you with only the pointless ones but then what's the point in deciding at all. I get the 'being unsure which choice to make', but what's the alternative? Giving the protagonist everything he asks for or a linear story. It's not like Asara is now dead and gone anyway. She's simply super pissed at the hero.
Honestly? For me personally, i just don't like those kinds of choices, i play all renpy games with the URM installed so i can edit as i please and fanfic the story if i feel doing so hurts the narrative. I dislike multiple playthroughs of any VN's, i like having one 100% playthrough, all content visible, no dicking around trying to unlock each dev's arbitrary decision tree. Now, of course, i 100% understand it's your game and if this is how you want it that's ok, i'm not going to demand changes to suit my personal preferences. I don't always succeed but my intent is feedback, questions, discussion and alternate viewpoints when talking to a game dev.

If i were you, i'd have just made the vial an optional bonus, missable if you don't ask but given freely if brought up, same as having women in the temple, and i'd leave the choice, the meaningful choice, between personal gain at the expense of a friend (knowledge and power) or mutual gain and honoring a deal made with that friend (the money). Then i'd have that scene play out back at home, tweaked so the Lamashtu stuff is either brought up as a bonus to the money and Asara is curious about it, or as ten times as infuriating cause he fucked her over and thought with his dick.

That's just me though, and i'm not the dev, i'm not you, it's not my game and i can freely accept that, you make the game you want to make and i do not mean that in a condescending or dismissive way, i mean it earnestly.

Reactions: Acidcola

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Doesn't this make any meaningful decision strenuous? That leaves you with only the pointless ones but then what's the point in deciding at all. I get the 'being unsure which choice to make', but what's the alternative? Giving the protagonist everything he asks for or a linear story. It's not like Asara is now dead and gone anyway. She's simply super pissed at the hero.
I can't say that I would be interested in upgrading the MC's magic (I have unspent skillpoints, so adding more is not something I see as interesting) or the fertility potion (my MC has the other demon, so I'm not sure whether that potion would really be of any use to me). So I decided to include women in the monastery (using URM I had seen that I could choose this and something else) and take the money. Although I don't know what use can have for the MC to including women in the monastery.

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
i Agree to Diff. race Diff. Birth time... So Cat ok to drop 4 children after xy and Demons need 9 month?? this is not fitting... So make it fit to story. My Mind for it. Keep going this god stuf and story. THX for your work.

glygoch

Apr 27, 2017
Not sure about the grind part. If there's that little combat in game, then you're not grinding anything. You'll be repeating 3-4 fights or so, spaced over many hours of content. You don't have to grind XP as it's the skillpoints that matter and you get enough from the story.
Unless it's the same outfits you wanna buy and you're grinding money? But there's not that many. Only issue I can possibly see is getting Ebola and then having to buy an outfit for Eileen.
I don't mind it at all within one playthrough, but it adds up and might continue to do so if you plan to branch the story further. Not to mention you can't just press and hold the skip button as there are a lot of scenes you have to manually click through and places you have to visit.

Realistcally, you play the MC. It's your call what you're gonna pick as the reward. I wouldn't call the choice a punishment tho.
Do I? There are plenty of times I don't get to choose what happens. In this case I probably would have picked something else entirely. If you could wish for anything, would you wish for something as mundane as money? The other options however involve betraying Asara, so I can't imagine those being particularly popular, but maybe I'm wrong.

Dmonk66

Nov 21, 2018
Gallery unlocker mod.
Game version: 0.36
This seems to only work partially. The images in the gallery are unlocked, but trying to view the scenes don't seem to work unless you have already seen them. Not to be rude (trying to be funny) but it kind of comes off as being a half-baked gallery mod.

Reactions: Muityek

Amitiel

Feb 17, 2020
I don't mind it at all within one playthrough, but it adds up and might continue to do so if you plan to branch the story further. Not to mention you can't just press and hold the skip button as there are a lot of scenes you have to manually click through and places you have to visit.
I'd broadly agree with this sentiment. It didn't feel great going through the game the recommended way - doing all of the minigames and optional combat - only to find out relatively late on that it branches (as opposed to being fairly linear with optional side content) and the game's intention was for you to play through multiple times, including the minigames, if you wanted to unlock all of the scenes. I'm no stranger to branching VNs and I'm perfectly fine with them but I feel like they devalue the time a player spends on non-VN gameplay aspects (e.g. stats, money, combat) if that gameplay doesn't hold up as an engaging experience by itself.

At the moment I feel like the rest of the game is good enough to stick with it, but it pretty much killed off any reason not to skip all of the minigames and cheat money if ever needed.

Acidcola

Nov 2, 2018
another typo scene with Mizuki first getting uniform: ... "I was sat here working"... should probably be either sat here, or was sitting here.

and another, while helping Mia to set up fire wards in her room she says "how many times you're supposed to be paint it"... — should be "to paint it" or maybe "to be painting it".

Last edited:

fatemaker

Nov 7, 2018
This seems to only work partially. The images in the gallery are unlocked, but trying to view the scenes don't seem to work unless you have already seen them. Not to be rude (trying to be funny) but it kind of comes off as being a half-baked gallery mod.
You where right. Sorry, my bad. I fixed it.

Reactions: Muityek

RyukXaos

Aug 29, 2020
Valid points with the money and combat. I'm mostly pushing main story now so there's not much new combat additions coming atm.
Money is used for stuff like outfits and so on, but there's not that many of them. Simply stuff pending addition.
It's gonna make her less inclined to murder you, or that's the idea.
Still not fully decided. In the script/plans it does play a bigger role, but I'm unsure how well I can incorporate it with the 9 months delay and other stuff. Atm. it doesn't sit very well but if I can make it work, then I'd absolutely want it in.
I've got to agree with everyone that the dragon choice isn't good, based on those quotes and experience playing the game money and skill points aren't an issue. But if you don't pick the money Asara gets pissed at you, while if you don't get the vial the demon is more inclined to murder you. Anyway you look at this choice it's just picking a punishment.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I've got to agree with everyone that the dragon choice isn't good, based on those quotes and experience playing the game money and skill points aren't an issue. But if you don't pick the money Asara gets pissed at you, while if you don't get the vial the demon is more inclined to murder you. Anyway you look at this choice it's just picking a punishment.
I guess the potion will be relevant depending on what demon you have. I chose the other one, so I'm not sure if it would really have use in my case. As I saw it, in my game the only interesting option was money, and more for plot resaons than because money really serves a lot in the game.

Tastetester12

Feb 26, 2022
I guess the potion will be relevant depending on what demon you have. I chose the other one, so I'm not sure if it would really have use in my case. As I saw it, in my game the only interesting option was money, and more for plot resaons than because money really serves a lot in the game.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards money too. I didn't choose that demon and while knowledge is enticing; there's still a limit to the number of spells you can have prepared at any one occasion and comboing damage over time spells with mana drain is generally one of the most efficient ways to win duels in my experience since you can just overwhelm their defences and leave them dead in the water, drinking potions.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Acidcola

Nov 2, 2018
There was an exception during Lamastu retelling the story about lorry driver and Klaus in the screen with inside of the car that got into portal:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ignoring it lets the story continue.

China Asara temple event with slimes has possible typo "Assa is already gone". Nowhere else does she gets called that. (Or, disregard that she is called that in rest of the scene).

Another exception at University after China when Klaus comes to take Player for emergency

Ignoring the exception brings it up again after, but continues if ignored again.

Update: Maybe a continuity bug/error during the festival. 1st time we interact with Isabela (after pretending to go with her Seduction spell, and then putting relationship on hold for orgy) it is as if Player and her are in relationship, but on 2nd interaction it mentions being on hold.

Update on another exception, this time in combat, double duel vs seduction girls:

Happens every round after besting Cait; Player, Huifen and Da Yun are invisible, and there is one Illusonary clone (another one died, possibly it is what wasn't collected, or something?)

Another spamscreen exception during party after monk gets into a wall:

Last edited:

Acidcola

Nov 2, 2018
Yeah, now that I experienced that arc I have a bit of an input on the event and the reward. My take? Not a meaningful choice but monks and dragon being very stringy cheap bastards. The bounty on TV said million just for information on them, but MC has found and returning all of them.

Maybe I am reading the context of the scene when you don't return with money from Asara wrong, but if she's not severing all ties with MC based on how it is worded thats close to that. :oops: I kind of expected that they at least would give some sort of monetary reward on top of the wish.

Regarding getting money and breaking some aspect of the game, that is a bit of a story/mechanics segregation. One of the big points of how events are structured is that MC has to be part of daily grind to support himself and pay tuition fees. Even if you grind money into tens of thousands the events never acknowledge the fact (which is understandable, since some of the other students mention their monthly/weekly allowances, and they are comparable), but is getting the money change this part of the story?

Realistcally, you play the MC. It's your call what you're gonna pick as the reward. I wouldn't call the choice a punishment tho.
Yeah, but there is a whole vibe around how MC acts in the scenes that we have no influence on. In some VNs there is a different approach to events that leads to how some of the interactions go, here the interactions carry similar attitude even when MCs approach is very different, so (and while I can't talk for everyone, but) I have some formed some very strong vibe for MCs character. The game and story is great, but this particular event feels a bit I dunno, off from how it was going before. And thats after several playthroughs trying different choices since early builds (even maybe the 1st one).

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes