Xiongmao

Game Developer
Oct 13, 2021
So it's pretty much just going to be a bit of side fluff? Nice to have but not worth pissing Asara off?
It's gonna make her less inclined to murder you, or that's the idea.
Still not fully decided. In the script/plans it does play a bigger role, but I'm unsure how well I can incorporate it with the 9 months delay and other stuff. Atm. it doesn't sit very well but if I can make it work, then I'd absolutely want it in.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
It's gonna make her less inclined to murder you, or that's the idea.
Still not fully decided. In the script/plans it does play a bigger role, but I'm unsure how well I can incorporate it with the 9 months delay and other stuff. Atm. it doesn't sit very well but if I can make it work, then I'd absolutely want it in.
Kind of wondering then why you'd put such a strenuous decision into the game then? If it ends up being a bigger deal then just some prego-sex then it's going to be pretty divisive, you could've easily made the vial a personal bonus, like that meme of a genie saying 'good wish, that one's free, you've still got 3', the dragon is all about fertility isn't she? I dunno, i understand wanting meaningful choices in your game but this one seems to have the potential to leave a lot of people irked, as unsure what choice to make as i am.

Also, on the 9 month thing, does it have to be 9? She's a demon, make it 2 or 3 months or something. OR maybe the vial is super duper effective and accelerates the growth.

ekej

May 17, 2022
Did either your cool little fucked up minion or giant clawed demon lady get any content in the past couple updates?
There is a cute scene of Chort running to greet the MC after he
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and you can get
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Kind of wondering then why you'd put such a strenuous decision into the game then? If it ends up being a bigger deal then just some prego-sex then it's going to be pretty divisive, you could've easily made the vial a personal bonus, like that meme of a genie saying 'good wish, that one's free, you've still got 3', the dragon is all about fertility isn't she? I dunno, i understand wanting meaningful choices in your game but this one seems to have the potential to leave a lot of people irked, as unsure what choice to make as i am.

Also, on the 9 month thing, does it have to be 9? She's a demon, make it 2 or 3 months or something. OR maybe the vial is super duper effective and accelerates the growth.
I have to agree with you, as I am too wondering why there is such not needed decision between avoiding money grind and possible Asara's content, avoiding experience grind and locking yourself out of possible daemon content. It feels like a punishment for no reason, because no matter the choice you lose something. It doesn't feel like reciving a reward at all, no matter how much cash you see or experience I receive, because I can still grind those, as getting them ain't really that hard or annoying. I've seen worst.

To be honest, with MC's personality, and general dislike for condoms, I expected also an option to ask the dragon for sex and some time later news about him being father.

Still, If I could I would pick money for Ass and cure for that daemon, so I can not lock myself out of the possible content. As I wrote, money and experience I can grind.

Reactions: johnmnf692

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
So then, as a cheater, can i just choose the money option and then edit the choice to also have taken the vial? Is that going to cause issues down the line or is the Lamashtu pregnancy content pretty isolated from the rest of the game? If it will, then, is it going to be worth it? Like, i know that mind sound bad but i just mean, will we just get some preg sex or will there be a whole bunch of scenes with her and the kids in the future? I don't want to sacrifice good main-story content for some side fluff that amounts to little.
Remember that lamashu demons are super plus ultra angry at being sterile.
which makes them utterly murderous. This is their entire thing as demons.
She is constantly trying to slip her leash so that she can murder you and Asara. And whenever she is given a little bit of leeway will murder pregnant women out of spite.
Solving her infertility problem is pretty big deal. And possibly quite good for your long term health

wei270

Jul 29, 2020
anyone found the last cat in hid and seek? also why do i keep having an asa even taged in my housed but can't trigger it.

glygoch

Apr 27, 2017
I've thought about this before, but I feel like the game somehow doesn't know what it wants to be.

You have so many spells, a lot of mechanics around them, lot of time spent with the combat system, crafting, herbs, talismans, shops... All of that is meaningless. There are not nearly enough fights in the game to justify the effort put into those. Those few fights aren't random, you know they're coming, and afterward you can forget about the whole system.

There is a bit of grind involved, but I'm not spending two hours just grinding back the -5000 that I got from getting ebola. Or do I even have to? I can just get a million for free, at which point this mechanic ceases to exist (but you don't know that in advance). Or does it? Will some higher force, some writing magic take that away from me again? Maybe it's not clear what I'm trying to say, so I'll say it again - there's money in the game as a mechanic, one which you use to buy stuff with. But when it starts to just bounce up and down with scripted events, I feel like I shouldn't even bother doing anything.

The grind also makes the fact that there are supposedly multiple paths in the game weird. Without it you might have multiple saves for each path like in a regular VN, but now you have to sit through the same fights, get through the same content etc. just to get to the part where your choice gives you a different outcome. Of course, you're at the mercy of the developer to not retroactively change something, even if you do have all such saves. This wouldn't happen if the story was basically linear with optional content... but then again, I have no idea which direction the game is going.

And the last choice with the dragon was... also extremely weird. Money? That either just broke the money system or there is a plan to somehow take it back from the player, either way this would realistically have consequences that would completely derail the story. Knowledge? So just combat stuff? What are even skill points for? I've already mentioned the absurdity of having a complicated system like this for just a few fights. And if it did make the player truly stronger, now the player that didn't take it will potentially face fights at a different difficulty for the rest of the game. Cure Lamashtu? I mean, a player might take that for content, but realistically MC would never take it over... well, the money and Asara. Never mind the fact that the MC could ask for just about anything else, like something that would help resolve his harem problems, extend his lifetime, I don't know. All in all this choice is contrived and feels more like a punishment to the player than a reward, like you're just choosing what hurts you the least. Could probably be resolved with Asara and MC getting some cool enticing magical stuff rather than a wish or money.

I didn't want to be rude or anything, I enjoyed the game quite a lot, especially the writing and would like to see it finished. And I do mean truly finished, not like when harem game devs decide they lack the creativity to untangle the giant clusterfuck story that harems naturally create, so they make a "shortcut" - usually a massive choice selection with all girls' names. I'm simply worried that it'll turn into a huge mess before it has a chance to, now that there's so much stuff to write around.

ekej

May 17, 2022
anyone found the last cat in hid and seek? also why do i keep having an asa even taged in my housed but can't trigger it.
I asked on Discord and apparently only two kittens can be found at the moment. The last one is a tomcat and will be hiding in a locations that's not ready yet

Acidcola

Nov 2, 2018
typo: ... "karaoke tonight. I wanna hear you sign again." I've seen a few more since I have started replaying the game from the beginning, but didn't figure to jot them down. One was with weird word order when talking to Varess in the beginning, I think during the scene when she's standing in the kitchen, might replay and report it.

Xiongmao

Game Developer
Oct 13, 2021

Doesn't this make any meaningful decision strenuous? That leaves you with only the pointless ones but then what's the point in deciding at all. I get the 'being unsure which choice to make', but what's the alternative? Giving the protagonist everything he asks for or a linear story. It's not like Asara is now dead and gone anyway. She's simply super pissed at the hero.

As for the months, it's still something I haven't decided. I'd like it to make sense first and foremost.

I have to agree with you, as I am too wondering why there is such not needed decision between avoiding money grind and possible Asara's content, avoiding experience grind and locking yourself out of possible daemon content. It feels like a punishment for no reason, because no matter the choice you lose something. It doesn't feel like reciving a reward at all, no matter how much cash you see or experience I receive, because I can still grind those, as getting them ain't really that hard or annoying. I've seen worst.

To be honest, with MC's personality, and general dislike for condoms, I expected also an option to ask the dragon for sex and some time later news about him being father.

Still, If I could I would pick money for Ass and cure for that daemon, so I can not lock myself out of the possible content. As I wrote, money and experience I can grind.
The way I see it, you get different content where she's pissed at you.

I've thought about this before, but I feel like the game somehow doesn't know what it wants to be.

You have so many spells, a lot of mechanics around them, lot of time spent with the combat system, crafting, herbs, talismans, shops... All of that is meaningless. There are not nearly enough fights in the game to justify the effort put into those. Those few fights aren't random, you know they're coming, and afterward you can forget about the whole system.

There is a bit of grind involved, but I'm not spending two hours just grinding back the -5000 that I got from getting ebola. Or do I even have to? I can just get a million for free, at which point this mechanic ceases to exist (but you don't know that in advance). Or does it? Will some higher force, some writing magic take that away from me again? Maybe it's not clear what I'm trying to say, so I'll say it again - there's money in the game as a mechanic, one which you use to buy stuff with. But when it starts to just bounce up and down with scripted events, I feel like I shouldn't even bother doing anything.

The grind also makes the fact that there are supposedly multiple paths in the game weird. Without it you might have multiple saves for each path like in a regular VN, but now you have to sit through the same fights, get through the same content etc. just to get to the part where your choice gives you a different outcome. Of course, you're at the mercy of the developer to not retroactively change something, even if you do have all such saves. This wouldn't happen if the story was basically linear with optional content... but then again, I have no idea which direction the game is going.

And the last choice with the dragon was... also extremely weird. Money? That either just broke the money system or there is a plan to somehow take it back from the player, either way this would realistically have consequences that would completely derail the story. Knowledge? So just combat stuff? What are even skill points for? I've already mentioned the absurdity of having a complicated system like this for just a few fights. And if it did make the player truly stronger, now the player that didn't take it will potentially face fights at a different difficulty for the rest of the game. Cure Lamashtu? I mean, a player might take that for content, but realistically MC would never take it over... well, the money and Asara. Never mind the fact that the MC could ask for just about anything else, like something that would help resolve his harem problems, extend his lifetime, I don't know. All in all this choice is contrived and feels more like a punishment to the player than a reward, like you're just choosing what hurts you the least. Could probably be resolved with Asara and MC getting some cool enticing magical stuff rather than a wish or money.

I didn't want to be rude or anything, I enjoyed the game quite a lot, especially the writing and would like to see it finished. And I do mean truly finished, not like when harem game devs decide they lack the creativity to untangle the giant clusterfuck story that harems naturally create, so they make a "shortcut" - usually a massive choice selection with all girls' names. I'm simply worried that it'll turn into a huge mess before it has a chance to, now that there's so much stuff to write around.
Valid points with the money and combat. I'm mostly pushing main story now so there's not much new combat additions coming atm.
Money is used for stuff like outfits and so on, but there's not that many of them. Simply stuff pending addition.

Not sure about the grind part. If there's that little combat in game, then you're not grinding anything. You'll be repeating 3-4 fights or so, spaced over many hours of content. You don't have to grind XP as it's the skillpoints that matter and you get enough from the story.
Unless it's the same outfits you wanna buy and you're grinding money? But there's not that many. Only issue I can possibly see is getting Ebola and then having to buy an outfit for Eileen.

Realistcally, you play the MC. It's your call what you're gonna pick as the reward. I wouldn't call the choice a punishment tho.

As for the story, no, I don't plan on making any lists of girls or whatever.

typo: ... "karaoke tonight. I wanna hear you sign again." I've seen a few more since I have started replaying the game from the beginning, but didn't figure to jot them down. One was with weird word order when talking to Varess in the beginning, I think during the scene when she's standing in the kitchen, might replay and report it.
Thank you. I'll look into these.

brorpag

Nov 22, 2020
Hey just replayed this again and loved they new additions and story to the game, but can you please give us a toggle for animations during combat? its super laggy and my thought was maybe we could disable animations to make it not that bad. i really dont want to grind laggy rats everytime to see new and brilliant story writing.

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes