morphisiusz

Dec 19, 2017
another patreon post

Hi folks.

As I wrote in last post, the current project is causing me unwelcome distress. I thought a lot about it and came to a decision.
I won't release more builds using the realtime 3D render. I have the idea to remake the project using animated pre-rendered art style and gameplay similar to Goons Raid Her. This would give me freedom to make more interesting scenes and, using only art I render on my own, I mitigate the risks that have been worrying me lately (and if there's something I value in life more that anything is my inner peace).
I know it sucks for the fans of the realtime 3D engine. This is extremely frustrating to me, but at least I learned a lot working on it (and I hope you had fun playing it). Please, download the latest published version if you still want it during this week, as I will invalidate the links soon.
So... I'm back to the pre-production stage and I'll be posting ideas for what's coming next here soon
Sorry for this screw up :(
Peace!
For me, it is a very well taken decision. You cannot win with lawyers. I know this from my own side. For example with Cd Project Red there is no such problem as with other companies. They will turn a blind eye. As long as you don't use their title or a similar sounding title or use the character Johnny Silverhand in any form.

dinto

Aug 2, 2017
Sucks once again a great game that makes you want more, abandoned. This is typical for The Architect, he seems to quickly lose interest in his projects to start something new. Which he then crushes again after a good start. My Patron is finaly over and i wont play his future games. That is not worth it

Reactions: shifu01

SpecLurker

Jun 13, 2017
Sucks once again a great game that makes you want more, abandoned. This is typical for The Architect, he seems to quickly lose interest in his projects to start something new. Which he then crushes again after a good start. My Patron is finaly over and i wont play his future games. That is not worth it
I am of the mind that you and siyu didn't actually bother to read his update post

Last edited:

sivu

Jul 12, 2021
The architect say

Hi folks!

Here's something a little different, while I'm in pre-production again...

A few time ago I started having fun during my spare-spare hours studying some Unity systems (tilemaps, AI behaviours, pathfinding, etc...). I never released anything made from it, but here's a little video preview.

I have this idea of one day work on a souls-vania-hollow-knight game with sexy elements and narrative, with mechanics to subvert the common concept of only showing hot content when the player is defeated. Do you like the idea ?

See you soon,

Peace!

Dec 9, 2017
The architect say

Hi folks!

Here's something a little different, while I'm in pre-production again...

A few time ago I started having fun during my spare-spare hours studying some Unity systems (tilemaps, AI behaviours, pathfinding, etc...). I never released anything made from it, but here's a little video preview.

I have this idea of one day work on a souls-vania-hollow-knight game with sexy elements and narrative, with mechanics to subvert the common concept of only showing hot content when the player is defeated. Do you like the idea ?

See you soon,

Peace!
He's in pre-production, he's starting over the LiS project.
What are you trying to say?

frepyou

Aug 4, 2018

Hi folks!
Quick post here to say I'm kicking off again, and it feels good to use the be back to the classic animation model. Unity 2021 2D animation tools and the render pipeline were awesomely improved, including better support for the mesh animations I use and freaking real time sprite lightning !
I'll keep some things from the prior version, but also make several changes in stuff I didn't feel working right (like the blank-slate-silent protagonist format and some convoluted stats/mechanics).
See you soon !
Peace.

Reactions: VVAR666
Dec 9, 2017

Hi folks!
Quick post here to say I'm kicking off again, and it feels good to use the be back to the classic animation model. Unity 2021 2D animation tools and the render pipeline were awesomely improved, including better support for the mesh animations I use and freaking real time sprite lightning !
I'll keep some things from the prior version, but also make several changes in stuff I didn't feel working right (like the blank-slate-silent protagonist format and some convoluted stats/mechanics).
See you soon !
Peace.
tbh I really like his classic 3DCG 2D style and also it's very friendly on old hardware. Looking forward to this one.

Carso150

Jul 26, 2017
well that sucks, i really enjoyed moving around on a 3D environment for a change in one of this games instead of the more "visual novel" style that most games use or rpgm, it was a welcomed changed, i will still follow this proyect because there arent a lot of games that use the life is strange characters out there but im going to miss thos style for sure

does anyone know of another game that has a similar style to this, hopefuly that has more content than just two or three scenes?

Reactions: shifu01

frepyou

Aug 4, 2018
well that sucks, i really enjoyed moving around on a 3D environment for a change in one of this games instead of the more "visual novel" style that most games use or rpgm, it was a welcomed changed, i will still follow this proyect because there arent a lot of games that use the life is strange characters out there but im going to miss thos style for sure

does anyone know of another game that has a similar style to this, hopefuly that has more content than just two or three scenes?
nothing has been mention that i have seen

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
Only thing I'd like to ask on the remake is not to drop the DICK system nor the groping sequences. Kate corruption route felt frigging awesome and it would be great to see it untouched on the remake.

Reactions: SpecLurker
4.50 star(s) 93 Votes