LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
i don't care 3D or 2D, just love the atmosphere of The Architect games
Yeah I'm willing to give it a go myself. The environments in the 3D version were really great and hopefully he can do something with it in future. But this 2D version seems to allow him to add more things to the gameplay and story with less complications

Reactions: SiuKim

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
Yeah I'm willing to give it a go myself. The environments in the 3D version were really great and hopefully he can do something with it in future. But this 2D version seems to allow him to add more things to the gameplay and story with less complications
I'll go either with it simply because this guy can write Life is Strange characters and make them entertaining. 2D or 3D. I just want this guy to catch up to where he was and make more. It says something that he get me not to hate Chloe. Considering the setup, getting rid of Rachel Amber was a brilliant idea.

thehorses2

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2018
I both hated and loved this game at the same time... Well inked goth girls, here we go again !

electricstar

May 26, 2017
If I'm recalling correctly from his Patreon posts, he was having some doubts about the project for a few reasons and decided to go back to what he knew, so the 3D game is dead.
He was getting increasingly concerned about potential legal problems using the 3D models. With the 2D character models, he made them himself and prompts for the character names (non of the default options matching the actual characters).

morphisiusz

Dec 19, 2017
He was getting increasingly concerned about potential legal problems using the 3D models. With the 2D character models, he made them himself and prompts for the character names (non of the default options matching the actual characters).
The legal issues surrounding the use of 3D models are not the only problem. Using a similar menu in the game. Assets that are identical to those in Dontnod Entertainment's game may also cause legal problems. It all depends on whether the company will file such a motion. The authors of the original game know from their fans about the existence of "Lust Is Stranger" but they limit themselves to observing the project.

frepyou

Aug 4, 2018
this was just posted on his patroen

Hi folks!

Sorry for the long silence, but Holidays and the first week of the year are always demanding for me IRL. I was able to keep working on some base content, but now I think I'm back on track for the race to catch up with the original version.

For the next release, I'll change a few mechanics that I don't think fit well in the 3D version, like the Smooth Talk game.

I'll also keep cleaning some convoluted stats, mostly to make clear that romance routes will be available for a specific set of characters. A custom romantic route for each one of the (several) female characters would be a HUGE endeavor, so the idea is to invest in 2 or 3 of them for the version 1.0, and maybe add new romance paths once the game has a complete arc done. Obviously, this won't block you to have "non commitment fun" with all the other characters (unless you wanna be faithful
)

See you soon!

Peace

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Hmmm I can see it being Max Chloe and Kate. Brooke and Victoria would be interesting choices too though. But whichever character, I can't wait for it. This game is the one I'm most looking forward to updates for

Gmeng

Jul 14, 2017
I liked the 3D verison more to be honest. It captured style of the original perfectly.
Sadly that's exactly the reason (or part of the reason) that we went to 2.5D. I don't mind it too much cause I played their other games first but it's a shame nonetheless

4.50 star(s) 93 Votes