desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Damn, this reminded me of the other Life is Strange game that was released ages ago (Strange Nights). Looks like that one was abandoned... This one is by a dev with a good track record, so we should be getting somewhere.

Reactions: Jim Webb and Sirrah

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
Damn, this reminded me of the other Life is Strange game that was released ages ago (Strange Nights). Looks like that one was abandoned... This one is by a dev with a good track record, so we should be getting somewhere.
The old 3D version was already p. good even with the short development time.

This new version should be in theory the 3D one with improved stuff, so it has everything to be epic.

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
I think mild manuplation can be spoken of but mind control is not a mechanic that I am aware of.
There is some kind of mind control in the new 2D version. The MC can use it in specific situations to achieve what he wants in case he fails by other means. This mechanic was introduced in the latest update.

Although you're right in that I'm not 100% sure it could be called Mind Control.

Reactions: Ybqdesu

nernub

Jun 5, 2017
Can't figure out how to get the Mac version to work. It just gives me a folder called "Contents" no matter which program I use to extract it.

blblblblb

Mar 18, 2019
so now its 2d? i was realy enjoying the game when i tryed it, but this is a rly big change....do you guys tried the game befor and after that change? if yes please give me your feeling about it, ty

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Love the style but two nitpicks and a question.

A: How do you save?
2: I wish there was an option to get rid of music. I like sounds, but ambient music is something I like to turn off.
D: When I hit quit, I'd prefer to quit, not quit to the the load menu. Not sure why games do this where you have to quit multiple times until your fully out of the game.

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Love the style but two nitpicks and a question.

A: How do you save?
You don't need to. The game auto-saves frequently. If you want to keep an intact copy of the current game state just switch the save slot.

2: I wish there was an option to get rid of music. I like sounds, but ambient music is something I like to turn off.
Next version will have a settings screen where you can individually select sound volume for music and nsfw effects.

D: When I hit quit, I'd prefer to quit, not quit to the the load menu. Not sure why games do this where you have to quit multiple times until your fully out of the game.
You can always Alt+F4 to instantly quit to desktop at any time.

So is the game developing to just the 2D or will there be both in the future?
I have this idea to use the 3D framework to make a simple non-narrative scene sandbox (Illusion or 3D Sexvilla style)

Ybqdesu

Apr 26, 2020
There is some kind of mind control in the new 2D version. The MC can use it in specific situations to achieve what he wants in case he fails by other means. This mechanic was introduced in the latest update.

Although you're right in that I'm not 100% sure it could be called Mind Control.
That was what I wanted to say. I too can not be %100 sure it can be called Mind Control. Thank you for further elaboration.

Lansi88

Dec 13, 2018
Here's an updated walkthrough for the game, with all the actions and consequences. I've included the day 2 content that was added, if there's any issues let me know

I've updated it again for the latest update 0.3.4 as of 22/09/2021
The link is Dead Pls make downlodable zip/rar file version

jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
Alright some feedback / suggestions:
  1. An option to run would be greatly appreciated.
  2. An explanation in the beginning that you can crouch down to pick up items such as money would have gone a long way to help out. It wasn't until I used the item finder that I realized that there was money on the floor since it looked like tissues. (If this was explained in game and I missed it apologies).
  3. Auto-saving YAY but nay. I'd suggest keeping the auto-save but do not overwrite the current save slot, instead reserve the first slot for auto saves where you can't overwrite manually and let that one be present. I'd also limit the amount of times the auto-save kicks in. Perhaps at the start or end of dialogue would suffice.
  4. Speaking of saves, when you scroll down to save or load midway into the save list or towards the end of the save list, the game auto-scrolls you back up. This is annoying since if you're going down to save then you're not likely to be loading or saving up top. Keeping the scroll where you've saved / loaded would be greatly appreciated. Another option is to have like 5 or 6 items to save in, but then have pages you can go left and right to save in (kind of like ren'py does). This could also be used to have a page for auto-saves that would have 5 or 6 items that it'd cycle through. Just a thought.
  5. I did have a sort of bug, when I left the girl's bathroom after recording the video, that I tried to save and it just wouldn't. It would show as saved but it wouldn't allow loading / wouldn't save the picture. Thankfully that was solved after walking around a bit if I'm not mistaken.
  6. Game has definitely been improving and now that it has been ported to the 2d version fully (I'm not mistaken) I'm really looking forward to seeing more. I think a lot of the aspects from prior games have been improved and so far apart from the feedback above I think it's going on a great path. Keep it up :)

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Cute, yes. But she was kinda bland in personality.
It's weird how the original game have several other side characters much better written than her. She's a good character, but not the best protagonist material, which kind of fits with her insecurities.

Last edited:
Reactions: godeyeice

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
A question about the Karma system. Do we accumulate good and bad karma or does one cancel out the other?

For example: If I've gained 4 bad karma and 2 good, does that mean I have a total of 2 (bad) karma?

dullks9

Jan 14, 2019
I'm looking forward to this. I've been following the 3D release, albeit it's a shame it's getting discontinued the 2D version we have now is really promising, I'm guessing you learned from the 3D release and implemented it into the 2D. Brooke's phone video was honestly way better than the one before.

Godspeed Architect.

4.50 star(s) 93 Votes