ArchX

Mar 31, 2018
If you start a new game you have everything from previous save and the task still the same. Except you have all the tasks that you've done previously and you can't accomplish them because everything is the same state like the last save D:

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
If you start a new game you have everything from previous save and the task still the same. Except you have all the tasks that you've done previously and you can't accomplish them because everything is the same state like the last save D:
It's not a good idea to use a save from a previous version in this early stage. I should had added this warning.

Reactions: Darklord_1965

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
It's not from an another version, It was my first try. I wanted to try other options and that happened D:
Do you mean the trophies ? They are independent of save games. But there's a button to clear the trophies if you want to.

tstnme

Aug 18, 2016
Do you mean the trophies ? They are independent of save games. But there's a button to clear the trophies if you want to.
Nah, I think he's referring to thing I noticed aswell. I played the beginning until just after I got the first picture, then wondered what the other choice would have done, so I started over.

When I restarted the opening played out normally until I had control of the character, but then my quest log displayed both the quest to clean the room and to deliver the picture. There also was no trash in the room and I was able to go right up to "finish" that quest, though none of the side options for Victoria were available.

Deleting the save/clearing trophies did not change that buggy state, only clearing locallow did.

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Nah, I think he's referring to thing I noticed aswell. I played the beginning until just after I got the first picture, then wondered what the other choice would have done, so I started over.

When I restarted the opening played out normally until I had control of the character, but then my quest log displayed both the quest to clean the room and to deliver the picture. There also was no trash in the room and I was able to go right up to "finish" that quest, though none of the side options for Victoria were available.

Deleting the save/clearing trophies did not change that buggy state, only clearing locallow did.
Stupid bug :FacePalm:
I forgot to clear the game state when starting a new one from the menu.
You don't need to delete the save files. Just quit the game to windows and start again.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
This is exceptional work, especially considering the low file size.
90 megs compressed, 330 something megs uncompressed, that has to be one of the smallest true 3D games (with textures) in existence.

thevampirate

Feb 15, 2019
I Clicked on the game to look at it but recently i've been ignoring anything that's a demo. I was pleasantly surprised when i found out it was an architect game.

jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
Some thoughts:
  • Wish there was a way to save during talks, as to experiment with what each option of dialogue does without having to reload saves and start talks from the beginning of a talk. This becomes more annoying at parts like:
    • The start of the game, where you need to reload the whole game to see the intro all over and repeat all the options to see what each answer does.
    • The principal where you need to open the door, wait a bit, go through the quick-time action scene, wait a bit for his talk and then see what each answer does.
    • Talks that have several options followed by several options, followed by several options, followed by... (you get the point)
  • And/or have an option that could be toggled that would show the outcome of the responses. <- would love this.
  • Wish the intelligence menu only showed what information can be unlocked in the current version, not just have some points that are currently hidden, but contain no information (in the current version). That way we know if we missed something and could perhaps look for it.
    • Perhaps even adding hints on where to get such info and with said hints it could notify us that they can't be unlocked on the current version, or they can't be unlocked because we missed the option to get them in a previous talk.
  • Explanation of the Karma system. I mean it might sound obvious but not really... If we have good karma are certain perverted options locked, or most of them? Or just ones that involve more harsher actions such as blackmail and similar genres? What about the other way around, if we have bad karma, can't we make good choices in the future? Are certain scenes blocked thanks to it? If we stay neutral do we get the best of both worlds? I'm left confused, and unsure on what to do.
  • Overall liking the project thus far, just hope it has a good focus on QOL in the future, as to not become one of those games which I know most of us have played where we love the scenes and action in it, but avoid playing due to certain annoyances that stack on top of each other.
Best of luck to the developer. Can't wait to see the future of this project :)

Reactions: Josh Spicer

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Some thoughts:
  • Wish there was a way to save during talks, as to experiment with what each option of dialogue does without having to reload saves and start talks from the beginning of a talk. This becomes more annoying at parts like:
    • The start of the game, where you need to reload the whole game to see the intro all over and repeat all the options to see what each answer does.
    • The principal where you need to open the door, wait a bit, go through the quick-time action scene, wait a bit for his talk and then see what each answer does.
    • Talks that have several options followed by several options, followed by several options, followed by... (you get the point)
  • And/or have an option that could be toggled that would show the outcome of the responses. <- would love this.
  • Wish the intelligence menu only showed what information can be unlocked in the current version, not just have some points that are currently hidden, but contain no information (in the current version). That way we know if we missed something and could perhaps look for it.
    • Perhaps even adding hints on where to get such info and with said hints it could notify us that they can't be unlocked on the current version, or they can't be unlocked because we missed the option to get them in a previous talk.
  • Explanation of the Karma system. I mean it might sound obvious but not really... If we have good karma are certain perverted options locked, or most of them? Or just ones that involve more harsher actions such as blackmail and similar genres? What about the other way around, if we have bad karma, can't we make good choices in the future? Are certain scenes blocked thanks to it? If we stay neutral do we get the best of both worlds? I'm left confused, and unsure on what to do.
  • Overall liking the project thus far, just hope it has a good focus on QOL in the future, as to not become one of those games which I know most of us have played where we love the scenes and action in it, but avoid playing due to certain annoyances that stack on top of each other.
Best of luck to the developer. Can't wait to see the future of this project :)
Thanks for the suggestions. My idea is to make every single line the MC says to other characters as a choice to the player (in Fallout/Skyrim style). Lots of them will be just for the role-play, while others might actually affect states, stats and outcomes.

All karma related actions (checks and actions) have the proper icon over the choices. Being good/evil will each be helpful at different times. There's no worse choice, just role-play.

Intelligence/Charisma/Daring checks also have icons. The choices that will give you (Intelligence/Charisma/Daring) don't have icons though, but I try to make them more obvious. Like Intelligence being related to some real world quiz or puzzle and Charisma with actions related to Art and general empathy. Also, I plan to add a obtainable perk that will enable icons with insight about what a certain choice can give you.

Saving during interactions is much more difficult because to load the game properly I would need to restore more complex stuff like specific animation states and play scripts at specific points. The idea of auto-save it to have save checkpoints during the middle of longer interactions, but they are not ready yet.

Jul 31, 2018
Looking forward to this, but I'm not gunna try it this early in dev. Was curious what the actual idea for plot or tags would be? Similar to previous games with the main character corrupting the girls?

4.50 star(s) 93 Votes