The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
comes up as a virus
It's coming up as a virus on Windows Security: "Casdet!rfn", any idea why this is happening?
same thing with me..... "backdoor:win32/Bladabin!ml
The executable file in the latest version is exactly the same file of prior versions (Unity always copy the same base client executable for the selected platform). You can even use one from previous versions.

Windows defender was probably updated, receiving some new fingerprint they didn't test enough for false positives.

Hot take: Anti-virus/Anti-malware are either a huge waste of computing resources or, in many cases, a scam. Just always use your computer with a limited user account and never use software from unreliable sources with an administrative account.

maladroit

Oct 13, 2022
Yeah my AV is complaining hard about this one, which sucks because I'd like to try it. Just played Strange Nights which was fun but sadly short and left me wanting more of Max and friends.

No offense Mr. Architect, really enjoyed the rest of your work. I'll just give it an update cycle or two for the signatures to sort themselves out (or to get bored/ambitious enough to spin up a VM I guess).

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The executable file in the latest version is exactly the same file of prior versions (Unity always copy the same base client executable for the selected platform). You can even use one from previous versions.

Windows defender was probably updated, receiving some new fingerprint they didn't test enough for false positives.

Hot take: Anti-virus/Anti-malware are either a huge waste of computing resources or, in many cases, a scam. Just always use your computer with a limited user account and never use software from unreliable sources with an administrative account.

comes up as a virus
It's coming up as a virus on Windows Security: "Casdet!rfn", any idea why this is happening?
same thing with me..... "backdoor:win32/Bladabin!ml
Im getting a Trojan:Win32/Casdet!rfn Warning from the latest update.
Yeah my AV is complaining hard about this one, which sucks because I'd like to try it. Just played Strange Nights which was fun but sadly short and left me wanting more of Max and friends.

No offense Mr. Architect, really enjoyed the rest of your work. I'll just give it an update cycle or two for the signatures to sort themselves out (or to get bored/ambitious enough to spin up a VM I guess).

See the common theme there? Yeah, it's all Windows Defender....

Even "Malwarebytes", the most respected AV/Malware scanner out there, shows zero issues with it.

LiS.jpg

If you think it's a virus, well, you are going to get a lot of "false" positives because after the update (for Windows this week and Defender), it's flagging lots of Ren'Py games too.

Reactions: Asenaris

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
See the common theme there? Yeah, it's all Windows Defender....

Even "Malwarebytes", the most respected AV/Malware scanner out there, shows zero issues with it.

View attachment 2470921

If you think it's a virus, well, you are going to get a lot of "false" positives because after the update (for Windows this week and Defender), it's flagging lots of Ren'Py games too.
Also, as the executable and dll for Unity player are always the same, if you played any prior version of the game that Windows Defender said it's clean, then you are already "infected".

maladroit

Oct 13, 2022
Hey no judgment against anyone, you're probably right and anyone who feels comfortable playing it should do so. But last thing I'm going to do is encourage anyone playing games off a site like this to ignore or bypass any safety protocols. Folks can decide for themselves. No shortage of things to play in the meantime.

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
Hello
Do the dialogues change a lot from one route to the other ? (for example Kate Corruption Vs Affinity)

I'm trying to see if it's worth starting a new game to see the other routes

Also, extra question for the future: will choices impact future events in significant ways ?
That's an element I enjoyed a lot about Goons Raid Her, the different paths felt significantly different

Cannoliz

Mar 22, 2023
I downloaded the experimental file but it won't open on my mac. Am i doing something wrong or is there no mac files?

Tromilka

Sep 11, 2020
Macs have all kinds of permission restrictions and "quarantine" for apps that haven't been properly vetted, Cannoliz. Depending on your setup and the app, it may be enough to right-click the app and choose "Open" (instead of double-clicking it), but if that doesn't work you may have to use a command-line Terminal to change the permissions. xattr -rc [filename] is the usual command. (If you do a forum search for "xattr" you will find a lot of explanations.)

JT0717

May 30, 2017
I also get an error with Mac. I've been able to navigate around permissions errors, and this doesn't seem to be the same. The error I get is simply "The application 'lis' can't be opened." I've checked security, and that's not blocking it either. Seems to be an extraction error.

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Hello
Do the dialogues change a lot from one route to the other ? (for example Kate Corruption Vs Affinity)

I'm trying to see if it's worth starting a new game to see the other routes

Also, extra question for the future: will choices impact future events in significant ways ?
That's an element I enjoyed a lot about Goons Raid Her, the different paths felt significantly different
Scenes are completely different, not just dialogues. You can check the alternate scenes in the gallery after playing any route.
Dialogues during regular conversations also change regularly (also based on reputation Renegade/Paragon).

There a reason this game's .zip file has 2 trojans?
Yes. Windows Defender has crappy fingerprint detection and spams false positives.
Unpack the archive file and scan the content before running and all the warnings are mysteriously gone.

Reactions: Madeni

Maverick7508

Jan 24, 2018
Scenes are completely different, not just dialogues. You can check the alternate scenes in the gallery after playing any route.
Dialogues during regular conversations also change regularly (also based on reputation Renegade/Paragon).

Yes. Windows Defender has crappy fingerprint detection and spams false positives.
Unpack the archive file and scan the content before running and all the warnings are mysteriously gone.
Yeah, my archive software also said no due to a trojan... I guess I can skip this game.

• Angry
Reactions: The Japanese
4.50 star(s) 93 Votes