3.50 star(s) 23 Votes

Biffinator

Jun 7, 2020
I like this game so far, but there are some basic gramatical errors in the text like mixup of he/she,or this one:
- Thea would be furious with me if she saw this
- I never allowed his to interfere with my dressing
- She'd be offended if she saw....

Just strange :confused:

Another example:
(offer is to a girl)
1697043254632.png

Last edited:

zargana

Jun 1, 2017
Good work but i really don't like games with every meaning of words "video without game"... or in other words "playing clicky" with mouse!

Thanx anyway.

Semak34

Apr 12, 2023
If dev wants to make it in the anglo world, it's imperative to fix the grammar. The last update was rough to read.

saksomanyak

May 15, 2018
mmm maybe the camera's are Vinny so can watch what's going on
Grammatically, it's correct but worded badly. It has nothing to do with him questioning his gender. Why even go there?

Here is a good alternative.
The main character suffered from long-term depression after his childhood love left him. This story is about how he returned to a normal everyday life.

Here a another example. :giggle:
The main character, Gunizz, who suffers from long-term unawareness after being abandoned by their childhood binkie and their journey to return to their normal life within their daily routine.
Sorry but isn't their used for plural or people without a known sex (in case we don't know if the person is male or female).
But if the MC is male, he/him should be used, not their. Do I miss some new English grammar rules?

I asked because in the other Vilkas novel the MC is actually fluid/undecided, his aspect is androgynous and based on your choices, he can become gay/trans or stay a hetero male. So I supposed Vilkas used their to place the MC outside the male/female categories.
Does the developer roll the dice every time he defines a gender? Her,His,She,Him even "It" WTF :ROFLMAO: all mixed up, my poor head and i am not nativ english
I stopped playing this game because the dialogue was making my eyes hurt....there isn't almost a single phrase that makes a bit of sense. English is not my native language and i hope isn't the dev's either but damn....get someone to read and correct your text....not the errors cus there weren't much but the text is a mess.
It would be nice if the dev could add proofread in the development process. There's a lot of mistakes that a simple proofread would be able catch on, and when you send it out without correcting it, it just seems rushed or lazy.
I like this game so far, but there are some basic gramatical errors in the text like mixup of he/she,or this one:
- Thea would be furious with me if she saw this
- I never allowed his to interfere with my dressing
- She'd be offended if she saw....

Just strange :confused:

Another example:
(offer is to a girl)
View attachment 2997988
If dev wants to make it in the anglo world, it's imperative to fix the grammar. The last update was rough to read.
I think game is machine translated from Turkish to English. Some meaningles sentences make sense when you translate them to Turkish word by word.

And there is no gender specific phrase in Turkish like he/she, him/her, his/hers, etc. There is only it and plural they for everything. That is why machine translates can change he to she in next sentence.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I think game is machine translated from Turkish to English. Some meaningles sentences make sense when you translate them to Turkish word by word.
Umm... OK, The problem is the team is not taking the next step and having the translation polished to fit English grammar and syntax, which is the root of our frustration. This game has gone on too long with too many iterations of the story and the look of some characters. It's too late to save this game.

I did proofreading for them at the beginning for free, and they used a fraction of my work. As a proofreader, you can't have that and be credited for proofreading the game. It reflects badly on your reputation.
IMO the team should scrap this game and start over with a new cast and new story with great dialogue.

saksomanyak

May 15, 2018
Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to defend bad grammar in game. I just shared my opinion about why it can be like that. I played first episode 5 and do not know how it developed. We are talking about a visual novel, of course it should have at least decent English to enjoy and have fun. For me story and how it is told is more importand that visuals.

I am talking about the language but do not judge me, I am not native English speaker :)

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

robertweed

Dec 5, 2021
dude this gender thing makes me laugh so hard. I think a beta version should be released first to correct these grammar mistakes, other things doesn't bother me but gender mismatches are hilarious. Now I know why people are taking pronouns so seriously.

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
So this developer just abandoned another game(Silent House) he started. Good luck with this one

giggitygigity

Aug 24, 2019
She did not forget her turban, only men wear turbans. She forgot her head scarf or hijab.
I realize this is a trivial point but there is so much that is misunderstood about Muslim culture that I wanted to correct at least this part.
LMAO I am just about to post the same thing, that it's not a turban, but a hijab

DantesX

Sep 10, 2020
Was trying this one and I have to say the story unfolds nicely and somehow it really pulls you in. Also like the chars sofar. Hope this continues as its written from a story quite nicely.

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
There is definitely something wrong with name saving in the last update ;)

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes