3.50 star(s) 23 Votes

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
main character, who suffered from long-term depression after being abandoned by their childhood love and their journey to return to their normal life within their daily routine.
Grammatically, it's correct but worded badly. It has nothing to do with him questioning his gender. Why even go there?

Here is a good alternative.
The main character suffered from long-term depression after his childhood love left him. This story is about how he returned to a normal everyday life.

Here a another example. :giggle:
The main character, Gunizz, who suffers from long-term unawareness after being abandoned by their childhood binkie and their journey to return to their normal life within their daily routine.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Grammatically, it's correct but worded badly. It has nothing to do with him questioning his gender. Why even go there?

Here is a good alternative.
The main character suffered from long-term depression after his childhood love left him. This story is about how he returned to a normal everyday life.

Here a another example. :giggle:
The main character, Gunizz, who suffers from long-term unawareness after being abandoned by their childhood binkie and their journey to return to their normal life within their daily routine.
Sorry but isn't their used for plural or people without a known sex (in case we don't know if the person is male or female).
But if the MC is male, he/him should be used, not their. Do I miss some new English grammar rules?

I asked because in the other Vilkas novel the MC is actually fluid/undecided, his aspect is androgynous and based on your choices, he can become gay/trans or stay a hetero male. So I supposed Vilkas used their to place the MC outside the male/female categories.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I asked because, in the other Vilkas novel, the MC is actually fluid/undecided,
You're obviously not an English speaker, and English is a mixed bag of contradictions. The use of "Their" for gender identification in mainstream media is fairly new, and it's used correctly, but there are many uses for the same word. It depends on the context.

And why bring a completely different game in the conversion? There is not one syllable in this game that conveys the MC's uncertainty about his gender. Admit you were just using that as a cop-out.

Example: Gunizz has their gender question on a daily basis. Gunnizz questions their gender on a daily basis.
The context is from two points of view.

OK, Kids, that's all for today. Please read chapters 3 - 5 in your history books tonight. There's going to be a test on it tomorrow. :giggle:

Teacher:
Hey David, you're tardy!
David:
I don't feel tardy!
:ROFLMAO:

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
You're obviously not an English speaker, and English is a mixed bag of contradictions. The use of "Their" for gender identification in mainstream media is fairly new, and it's used correctly, but there are many uses for the same word. It depends on the context.

And why bring a completely different game in the conversion? There is not one syllable in this game that conveys the MC's uncertainty about his gender. Admit you were just using that as a cop-out.

Example: Gunizz has their gender question on a daily basis. Gunnizz questions their gender on a daily basis.
The context is from two points of view.

OK, Kids, that's all for today. Please read chapters 3 - 5 in your history books tonight. There's going to be a test on it tomorrow. :giggle:

Teacher:
Hey David, you're tardy!
David:
I don't feel tardy!
:ROFLMAO:
I am not a native English speaker of course. I repeat, I asked because the introduction uses they instead of him, as I expected if the MC was a hetero CIS male. I have not played this VN but I played the other one where the MC is effeminate and gender fluid or you can choose his sexual preferences. So I thought this one was similarly about a MC that is non-binary/gay/undecided or similar because in the OP they avoid calling the MC using the masculine pronouns and just say "main character" instead of boy/man, keeping the gender situation open and undefined.

It's not absurd to think that a developer makes two VNs based on similar thematics. Many creators are focused on specific themes. I don't see what I have to cop-out or excuse myself for, in a forum like this.

In your example you use their in a way that's expected because you say "G has their gender question". So you you implicitly agree with me by saying that they is used when the subject has an ambiguous or undefined sexuality and you want to use a gender-neutral pronoun. So the main character in this game has the same undecided position?

P.S.: I just looked at the SPOILER (that I wanted to avoid) and only there, for the first time, the MC is referres as "young man". So I know he's a man but I am still confused by the use of them, if as you say he's a non-binary straight man.

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
Does the developer roll the dice every time he defines a gender? Her,His,She,Him even "It" WTF :ROFLMAO: all mixed up, my poor head and i am not nativ english

Reactions: bulten27 and ZoxVix

_Azrael_

May 2, 2020
I stopped playing this game because the dialogue was making my eyes hurt....there isn't almost a single phrase that makes a bit of sense. English is not my native language and i hope isn't the dev's either but damn....get someone to read and correct your text....not the errors cus there weren't much but the text is a mess.

Semak34

Apr 12, 2023
I'd like to live in this fictional world, all the girls are outrageously beautiful!!. Having that many girls to choose from (although idk how many of them are actually LIs) will have people complaining about the lack of screen time of their favorite LI, it's a double-edged sword.

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
Sorry but isn't their used for plural or people without a known sex (in case we don't know if the person is male or female).
But if the MC is male, he/him should be used, not their. Do I miss some new English grammar rules?

I asked because in the other Vilkas novel the MC is actually fluid/undecided, his aspect is androgynous and based on your choices, he can become gay/trans or stay a hetero male. So I supposed Vilkas used their to place the MC outside the male/female categories.
No. There is no rule you have to call them masculine or feminine pronouns once you know their gender; you can use they/their/they're either way. Times and English are always changing and it is now accepted, even in academic settings.

Last edited:

BulliThulli

Mommy's Little helper
Donor
Oct 16, 2022
Events with lilly turned HOT. DAMN!, Keep it slow and steamy :love:

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 23 Votes