HanakeJao

Feb 21, 2019
Long story short.
We appreciate this community for the bug reports, feedback, ideas for the game etc... in return you get the game here for free and f95 makes money from this. WIN, WIN, WIN. The problem is that the game is released here too soon. We cant make a return of investment, cant pay the salaries, cant develop bigger and better updates. You get the game here before our 10$ Patrons and that's a problem for us or better said our Patrons. It's just not fair and for this reason we decided to protect our work. We will try to figure something out with the f95 admins if its possible.
Icstor does not worry about it, it even earns without releasing anything

hobby2121

Jan 13, 2020
I just canceled my 6 month Patreon.
It means I already payed the devs for what this kind of game must be worth, and I don't attend to pay more.

If it means I can't play the game anymore since they went on war with f95zone, so be it, there are tons of great games around here, and a lot of them are at least as good as this one. But indeed, I don't think that's really a smart move. People who don't want to pay won't pay. And people who could pay (like me) will stop because they won't pay for nothing and the price asked is way too high.

Without F95zone, I wouldn't have known this game and wouldn't have contributed anything for its development. Actually, I usually contribute on games I like and I really want to keep playing and exploring, meaning that if I can't access it in the first place (and not a simple "demo"), then there is literally no chance that I'm going to pay a single dime for it.

Actually, I never play young games aswell, I always wait for several versions to make sure that the game is kept updated, and the content/quality are what I consider enough. And then, maybe if I really like the game, I'll pay something to contribute. It works in this way, not the other.

Now we just have to wait and see. I'm curious to know if at the end of the day, it would have been worth it or not.
I was actually going to subscribe to Inceton because I do enjoy Summer with Mia game and only found out about the Act 2 of the game now, and was thinking that since I am on a donating binge, might as well donate $5-10/mth to them too because their games are really enjoyable for me.

Of course my $5-10/mth is probably nothing to a developer like Inceton that has over 2200 patrons, its the principle. But then I read this thread and saw the "discussion" and its unfortunately off putting. I also don't mind giving like $50-120/year to a developer because I was thinking of creating a game on renpy the other day and saw how hard it is to just make images and render using daz3d and realized thats not for me..I rather just spend my money on supporting people who want to really develop games or at least try to.

Anyway, sorry for my rant, but even if Inceton believes that most of their patrons are not from f95, I'm in the minority then, because of f95, I only found out what patreon or subscribestar is and only by downloading these games through mega links and seeing if I like them, am I able to be a patron whether long term or short term.

I also gripe once in a while if a developer never finishes a game or if they do start milking their patrons and give out 1 update a year. At least with Steam, they will refund you on any game you buy if you dont like it within a certain time frame. So yea, maybe when Inceton has Summer of Mia 2 and Echoes of Lust on Steam, maybe I'll just go that route. One time fee is still cheaper than a monthly subscription. So for now, I'll hold off. Then again since I did download Summer of Mia for free, I'll buy it on Steam to offset any of your "development cost".

Not everyone on f95 is a freeloading person. If anything, I find f95 a very friendly site where you can learn how to develop games if you wanted, or learn to render..learn to code..get ideas on games or visual novels. If anything, f95 wouldn't even let me donate last year to their site because they said I was "too new" and just created my account like a month ago..was it last year? maybe the year before..covid..i can't even remember what a year ago felt like..anyway another rant to my last rant. I just wasted at least 10 minutes of your time reading this..Sorry again..bad habit.

gelu123

Dec 25, 2017
I was actually going to subscribe to Inceton because I do enjoy Summer with Mia game and only found out about the Act 2 of the game now, and was thinking that since I am on a donating binge, might as well donate $5-10/mth to them too because their games are really enjoyable for me.

Of course my $5-10/mth is probably nothing to a developer like Inceton that has over 2200 patrons, its the principle. But then I read this thread and saw the "discussion" and its unfortunately off putting. I also don't mind giving like $50-120/year to a developer because I was thinking of creating a game on renpy the other day and saw how hard it is to just make images and render using daz3d and realized thats not for me..I rather just spend my money on supporting people who want to really develop games or at least try to.

Anyway, sorry for my rant, but even if Inceton believes that most of their patrons are not from f95, I'm in the minority then, because of f95, I only found out what patreon or subscribestar is and only by downloading these games through mega links and seeing if I like them, am I able to be a patron whether long term or short term.

I also gripe once in a while if a developer never finishes a game or if they do start milking their patrons and give out 1 update a year. At least with Steam, they will refund you on any game you buy if you dont like it within a certain time frame. So yea, maybe when Inceton has Summer of Mia 2 and Echoes of Lust on Steam, maybe I'll just go that route. One time fee is still cheaper than a monthly subscription. So for now, I'll hold off. Then again since I did download Summer of Mia for free, I'll buy it on Steam to offset any of your "development cost".

Not everyone on f95 is a freeloading person. If anything, I find f95 a very friendly site where you can learn how to develop games if you wanted, or learn to render..learn to code..get ideas on games or visual novels. If anything, f95 wouldn't even let me donate last year to their site because they said I was "too new" and just created my account like a month ago..was it last year? maybe the year before..covid..i can't even remember what a year ago felt like..anyway another rant to my last rant. I just wasted at least 10 minutes of your time reading this..Sorry again..bad habit.
You are right in everything you say. I also bought summer of mia on steam , even though i played it originally here via mega, to reward the dev the work.
The thing with f95 is this : there are hundreds of games,devs,patreos. Our poket is limiter per 1-2 patreon funds.So thats why some of us prefer to fund 1 game over the other etc , and the ideea of this forums is to
1.post games , make them popular and get patreons (even though the game itself gets pirated).
2.share the content between us ( for exemple a 25$ dolar patreon of inceton post the newest update here , why another patreon of another dev posts another new update here) so each of us can get to play more games with less money (i know it sounds greedy but than again our poket is as big as it can get)
This forum sheds light on some games , make them popular , thats a fact no matter what the devs themselves say . I was part of the forums since Big Brother was still alive and trust me i got to see how the game progressed and the popularity it got from f95 forums.
My honest opinion? i would give patreon money to one dev with that best game in my opinion and leave the other people to give the other devs. Sure they launch game on steam (and here i mean only on steam not other shady platforms like nuntaku ichi.io or whatever , nothing guarantees the download link or site will exist in 2 years , when we know steam will be a loooong time) and we can back their work up like a normal game and this way help.

3.70 star(s) 240 Votes