Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Actually, not. From the EULA:

Author can sell the models with his game, but for any other way of sale or purchase he needs written consent of DAZ.

Also this (not directly connected, but it shows DAZ retains copyrights:
What you quoted from EULA is about DAZ CRT Content - the actual interactive 3D models or model data and incorporating it into user applications and making either 2D or 3D products (renders or 3D prints or whatever) using those applications.
For example, an actual 3D game has a 3D character in it that moves around and is rendered on the screen in real time. Or an application similar to 3D DAZ has a DAZ model incorporated into it and the application user can pose the model there and make 2D or 3D prints or renders using this application.

You left out the part that explains what that "CRT Content" actually is:

3.0 Interactive License Addendum

The terms of this addendum 3.0 are in force only when User has purchased a "Game Develoer License" or an "Interactive License Add-On" from the online DAZ store.

For any User who has purchased one or more Game Developer Licenses the terms of this Addendum 3.0 apply to all Content that the User has purchased a license to via the DAZ store where the "Artist" field of the Content contains a list of one or more Artist Names, and that the User has also purchased Game Developer Licenses such that the User has purchased a Game Developer License for each of the Artist Names represented in the Artist Name field of the Content.

For any User who has purchased one or more Interactive Add-On Licenses via the DAZ store, the terms of this Addendum 3.0 apply to all Content that the User has purchased such an Interactive Add-On License for.

In the case of Game Developer Licenses where the Artist Name for that license is "Daz Originals". The terms of this section 3.0 apply to all content which also contains "Daz Originals" in the Artist Name, regardless of the presence of additional artist names also in that field.

All Content that can be identified according to the above criteria shall hereinafter be referred to as "CRT Content". The terms of this addendum 3.0 do not apply to any other Content.
None of the Ren'Py or other 3D CG games contain any interactive 3D models. They contain only 2D renders of those models.

The part of EULA about it is in the beginning:

1.0 General License Agreement.

• You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • Terms of Use. Two Dimensional Works. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, User may (i) access, use, copy and modify the Content in the creation and presentation of two-dimensional animations and renderings, (ii) incorporate two dimensional images (including two dimensional images that simulate motion of three dimensional objects) derived by User from the Content in User's other works, and (iii) publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense User's two-dimensional animations, renderings and other works; provided that User may not in any case publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the Content can be separately exported, extracted or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format.
Content (NOT the CRT Content) in this case = DAZ 3D model (model data)

Last edited:
Reactions: Felicityskye

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
What you quoted from EULA is about DAZ CRT Content - the actual interactive 3D models or model data and incororating it into user applications and making either 2D or 3D products (renders or 3D prints or whatever) using those applications.
For example, an actual 3D game has a 3D character in it that moves around and is rendered on the screen in real time. Or an application similar to 3D DAZ has a DAZ model incorporated into it and the application user can pose the model there and make 2D or 3D prints or renders using this application.

You left out the part that explains what that "CRT Content" actually is:

None of the Ren'Py or other 3D CG games contain any interactive 3D models. They contain only 2D renders of those models.

The part of EULA about it is in the beginning:

Content (NOT the CRT Content) in this case = DAZ 3D model (model data)
Look, I don't really think we are getting anywhere with this discussion. That's why I deleted it. I certainly have other things to do than discuss legal issues on pirate forum. :)

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
Look, I don't really think we are getting anywhere with this discussion. That's why I deleted it. I certainly have other things to do than discuss legal issues on pirate forum. :)
Of course we aren't getting anywhere because you seem to be unable to grasp something as simple as a photo/snapshot/image of something is not the same as the actual use of that something. And then proceeded to misquote the EULA in an attempt to disprove what was said. It is hilarious that you now use that excuse to back out of the discussion that you started and continued for over 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Of course we aren't getting anywhere because you seem to be unable to grasp something as simple as a photo/snapshot/image of something is not the same as the actual use of that something. And then proceeded to misquote the EULA. It is hilarious that you now use that excuse to back out of the discussion that you started and continued for over 2 weeks.
For most part I was discussing about RenPy and LGPL. How do fuck it has to do with EULA (which you brought today)?
Now, relax.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: HorttoKaalo

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
For most part I was discussing about RenPy and LGPL. How do fuck it has to do with EULA (which you brought today)?
Now, relax.
Did you already forget you deleted a reply earlier and instead of owning up to misquoting the EULA, you responded with...

Look, I don't really think we are getting anywhere with this discussion. That's why I deleted it.
Instead of admitting you made a mistake, you pull this nonsense.

Reactions: Corambis

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
The Developer keeps taking down Mega link and Nopy downloads, thats what all the chat is about EULA. So all is relevant and you probably wont see a link for the game on those sites again. :(
What possible thing is the dev copying? I haven't played since s2e3 but from what I remember none of these characters are direct copies of anything I can recognize. Did the dev insert something into the game in the last two episodes that could break this? Or is it because the models and such are gotten from somewhere else? If that were the case, I am pretty sure that stuff falls under free-use?

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020
What possible thing is the dev copying? I haven't played since s2e3 but from what I remember none of these characters are direct copies of anything I can recognize. Did the dev insert something into the game in the last two episodes that could break this? Or is it because the models and such are gotten from somewhere else? If that were the case, I am pretty sure that stuff falls under free-use?
Its not a case of the the Developer using stuff, they just want to control where you get the game from.

Reactions: aidenboy

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
It's a copyright thing. The transfers are being taken down under the DMCA as being a violation of their copyright. Some people have wrongly claimed that the game can't be or isn't already automatically copyrighted, which is where the debate has come up.

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
I see variants of Mia in most of these models - but they varied body types and personalities so I don't see it as an issue

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I see variants of Mia in most of these models - but they varied body types and personalities so I don't see it as an issue
It's rare to see a model that you haven't seen some variant of before in another game. Some are intentionally made to look similar to characters from other games, and in other cases, it's just a very good and perhaps affordable or easily modifiable model, so it gets used a lot. As you said, there's not really an issue with it. The licenses on the models allow for it. Now, someone making an unofficial sequel to a game using someone else's character might run into issues. But that's not the case in this game.

Reactions: mrtwolives

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
I don't want to be rude here but your opinions mean jack shit and your thinking is absurd and none logical. You don't have a grasp on how the copyright system works. If you create a game you can copyright it end of discussion. Doesn't matter what engine you use in this case Ren'py.

Regarding the models from what I can see they are all modified from the base models with different skins, morphs and hair so yeah can be copyrighted since they are unique characters.

Besides when creating a copyright you dont copyright individual things in the game like code, models, animations, renders, story and so on. You copyright the whole package that makes it unique.

You can say whatever you want but this game can be copyrighted and IT IS COPYRIGHED (this can be deduced by the DMCA claims).
So just by it being copyrighted your whole argument is invalid.
Uh, no. Individual things can be copyrighted. Try using Mario as a model in a PAID game (Or one that gains traction like a certain Metroid 2 remake) and see what happens.

Also, the copyright system is very easy to abuse, ask any youtuber, you need to apply for a copyright, and even if you haven't, it doesn't stop you from abusing it.

Last edited:

Summerfile

Dec 9, 2020
While browsing steam I saw a game under 'popular upcoming' called 'Lust Theory Season 1' at the very least it has the same frame of the cosplayer chick so I know SOMETHING is up. Any idea if this is the initial dev porting to steam under a different name?

(Note I actually havent gotten around to season 2 do to personal dislike of the MC scoring the PERFECT set-up day and then bitching about it but it seems like a good deal of the landmarks from S1 are included in screenshots on that games page.)

[Edit] Having gone to Inceton's patreon it seems like this is an 'enhanced' season 1? So yet another catagory to add to this pages Episodes 1-10 box I guess

3.70 star(s) 240 Votes