nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
As long as it is still made with Ren'py and are in downloaded form instead of web-based, I am sure it can easily be cracked, or does it even need a crack in the first place since you know, Ren'py? everything is client based.
That's also my wonder, does the key just used for download, or used for run the game. Guess time will tell if someone able to share.

Even if it's easily crack-able, that's a step in the direction to emphasis "anti-piracy" system, from a dev that put out free public version with cheap patreon backer options.
And they can definitely make it not so easy if they so incline.
Not to mention, you need someone to actively cracking it for these so little content updates.

But if it's a general measure from Patreon + itch (KP Rip cough cough), then it's nothing to do with Hyao, and likely only for download.

Last edited:

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
Hmmm, out of all devs, LD is among the least I'd expect this to happen - even it's just $1 (actually worse since it's just $1).
It's especially bad looking when you pay wall a "Halloween Special" during the Halloween.
Tho not sure if it's Patreon+icho's new general measures to fight piracy :unsure:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nothing Canon like the April fool update.
Well, that's one way to lose an audience. I hope he won't share the same fate as Fek. At least Hyao haven't announced a road map yet, right?

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
Okay, guys, from what I know of itch.io and what I read, I think he's only saying "if you share the key, you don't OWN the files". You still need to download files if you "own" or "claim" a game on itch.io (I'd claimed a few games, free ones mind you, on there and it just shows me downloads), but claiming a game on there means it's tied to your account, like if you buy a key for Steam or GoG or something.

So unless I'm completely wrong, I don't think anything changed beyond what page you download off. I've never heard of a Renpy encryption, only a self-terminating file. And, not to be insulting, but I doubt Hyao would be smart enough to program in a suicidal script SPECIFICALLY for anti-piracy (especially given various AAA developers did stuff like this and ended up having paying customers suffer too due to errors in the script).

That said, I suppose he could add an additional file that denies play unless a password is entered. It's not that hard to do, it's like 9 lines of script, even I could do it and I suck at Renpy coding. But, even then, it wouldn't be hard to share the password or even just crack open the files and find it (as passwords are "IF [password] = [exactcode] > game. Else: shut game" basically).

I don't think we have anything to worry about unless he implements third party software somehow, becomes the Rainman of Renpy coding, or finds an alternate way to block access.

Oki Bear

Jun 30, 2018
Okay, guys, from what I know of itch.io and what I read, I think he's only saying "if you share the key, you don't OWN the files". You still need to download files if you "own" or "claim" a game on itch.io (I'd claimed a few games, free ones mind you, on there and it just shows me downloads), but claiming a game on there means it's tied to your account, like if you buy a key for Steam or GoG or something.

So unless I'm completely wrong, I don't think anything changed beyond what page you download off. I've never heard of a Renpy encryption, only a self-terminating file. And, not to be insulting, but I doubt Hyao would be smart enough to program in a suicidal script SPECIFICALLY for anti-piracy (especially given various AAA developers did stuff like this and ended up having paying customers suffer too due to errors in the script).

That said, I suppose he could add an additional file that denies play unless a password is entered. It's not that hard to do, it's like 9 lines of script, even I could do it and I suck at Renpy coding. But, even then, it wouldn't be hard to share the password or even just crack open the files and find it (as passwords are "IF [password] = [exactcode] > game. Else: shut game" basically).

I don't think we have anything to worry about unless he implements third party software somehow, becomes the Rainman of Renpy coding, or finds an alternate way to block access.
smh , you only need an itch account linked with a patreon PLEDGING to HYAO account to download the game ... basically nothing happened , your piracy life is safe ... it just requires patreon to link and log-in itch to actually download the game...

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019

TBH no need for more guess work, this is less about "Us" (pirates), more about the game itself. We still have the one-month-later public build at worst.

There are tons of money hungry projects turned from "promising" to "soulless milking machine" - I doubt Blackgate was as bad as off now in it's early stage, and it still gives free builds all things considered. (Cloud meadow is a different case, it started right away as a scam project)
When a project's development starts to slow down (to craw), meanwhile begin to emphasis monetisation (anti-piracy is part of it), I doubt any sane person would think "this is a good sign" or "nothing've changed".

A bit weird tho still no one able clarify "is the key only for download, or used for play the game" :p

Jeichan

Feb 25, 2020
I forgot to keep the save file for the forest scouting one T-T. Does anyone have a save file on that?

Thanh12

Feb 5, 2022
Can you share what news, information on Version 0.48.0 or pictures thanks. And also can you post android file 0.48.0 thanks.

Reactions: BRgame
Aug 2, 2019
does anyone have the mac upload or patch notes by any chance?
ART 1: CONTENT

Far away from home (Crossover Event)”

Lakeshard Village

Market:

• Ursadin’s Special Bakery (Req: Daylight, chance to happen)
Bakery:

• Meeting the Baker (There is different variant for the first time and then a couple of variants when you enter the bakery, with one additional after finishing ‘The case!’ part)
  • Where are you from? - Conversation
  • Event: The case! (Req: Talk with Grahm in Adventure’s Guild done)
Your usual LD content

Deep Jungle

Sabal:

• Take advantage (New scene after beating him with lust. It leads to having one or two black hearts though, with two black hearts taking him out of the location completely, so be careful what are you doing to this proud cat).
  • Ride the warrior (New scene after beating him with lust. This one is more power bottom variant).
Bareshade

Sawmill:

• Workout (A variant of the scene for those who have three hearts with Logan. Different answer for wanting to look. You can be thankful for my proofreader Virile who wrote most of the descriptions in this one).
Home

Forest scouting:

• ‘Too knoty’ variant of the scene with Logan. I promised the variant in his human form and here it is (With an extra variable keeping in mind that it was Logan who claimed your virginity… if you were a virgin at this point.)
PART 2: GUEST WRITER CONTENT

• Nothing
PART 3: VISUAL/AUDIO ASPECTS

Narram’s addition:

• Zack
  • Acolyte
Civ’s addition:

• Safety – Replacing the old music at Paulo’s place in Mythshore (some can call it a ‘safe room’ theme)

Reactions: ginnungagap
4.00 star(s) 25 Votes