May 6, 2019
All we know is that ZoroJ isn't making any more updates with LD, and the game starting to suck. Most of the art is alright but others is odd looking.

chillpolins

Mar 2, 2020
I know for a fact Hyao always pays artists whatever they want with a large tip on top. In fact, he can encourage an artist to ask for more if he feels like the price would be too cheap. This includes ZoroJ and many others - not just in-game art but also promotional commissions.

If Zo wanted more money he would have just asked for more money. His mental health and art block was unrelated to LD, check Zo's last years patreon activity and how much or rather little he posted.
ZoroJ wants to focus on his own art more and that's it.
The new artist happened to fill Zo's position AFTER ZoroJ stepped away.

Let me also clear one misconception that seem to be widely spread here: when there is not many new art pieces in an update it's not because Hyao randomly decides to not pay money for it, just because - wait for it - artists didn't manage to make the art pieces on time. Which is fine by the way because they also have their own projects, problems and life situations.

hh4613411

Jan 6, 2023
What I do know is that new artist Passerby_HH was unable to use most payment methods due to exchange control issues in his country. Passerby_HH offered Hyao free access to Booner, but Hyao still tried many payment methods until Passerby_HH could withdraw his commission without any problems.

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes