Wildor567

Feb 10, 2020
Can anyone tell me wtf am I suppposed to do in the Junkyard Ruins? Im Scratching my head trying to unlock the path to the next part of this dungeon with Tao.

Lorenh80

Dec 29, 2020
Yes of course he did, but it's possible in the next update they may finally resume Northcrest story
This is stupid
Well he stated that he was going to start the existing storyline that ZoroJ did art for the moment he found someone who also has an art style that is very similar to his so, probably adds to the idea he only delayed it for so long cause of the art.
Oh come on that's a damn excuse. He already has a good amount of artwork available to carry on the story, he doesn't need other images or in any case he can always add them later as he did in the past. It is evident that he has problems with writing, but opening new quest lines only magnifies the problem. At this point, take a nice break (closing the patreon momentarily of course) and find a way to unblock the situation, because honestly it's getting ridiculous.

kanon09

Oct 27, 2020
This is stupid

Oh come on that's a damn excuse. He already has a good amount of artwork available to carry on the story, he doesn't need other images or in any case he can always add them later as he did in the past. It is evident that he has problems with writing, but opening new quest lines only magnifies the problem. At this point, take a nice break (closing the patreon momentarily of course) and find a way to unblock the situation, because honestly it's getting ridiculous.
It is a bit of a lame excuse but one I remember that was stated before that made sense. He literally put the Northcrest/Mines stuff on halt the moment ZoroJ lost interest working for it, and then immediately started a whole new questline about some island which ended up having Narram's art all over it as he was the only other active artist.

Lorenh80

Dec 29, 2020
It is a bit of a lame excuse but one I remember that was stated before that made sense. He literally put the Northcrest/Mines stuff on halt the moment ZoroJ lost interest working for it, and then immediately started a whole new questline about some island which ended up having Narram's art all over it as he was the only other active artist.
This situation is really sad because in fact this is one of the best games on this site (at least it's a full-fledged game and not a VN) I remember the first time I played it. He literally kidnapped me for 4 days and in fact I've immediately signed up for the patreon but I'm not so wealthy to to continue financially support a project that has been stalled for more than a year now.

vocaloidboy

Nov 26, 2018
This situation is really sad because in fact this is one of the best games on this site (at least it's a full-fledged game and not a VN) I remember the first time I played it. He literally kidnapped me for 4 days and in fact I've immediately signed up for the patreon but I'm not so wealthy to to continue financially support a project that has been stalled for more than a year now.
I would not use the word "stalled" considering this project has consistently been getting updates AND content.

Lorenh80

Dec 29, 2020
I would not use the word "stalled" considering this project has consistently been getting updates AND content.
I wouldn't call "content" opening new stories with a maximum of 10 lines of dialogue that lead nowhere but widen an already existing chasm. It's stalled because it's been more than a year (maybe even two) that the main plot hasn't moved forward, nor has the relationships between the characters, and when it does as in the case of the sex scene with Logan, it fucks up everything that it was told before because by now the author is in such a crisis that he has completely lost the overall vision of the project. Not to mention the fact that if you choose to take the "evil" side of the reptilian quest you will find much, if not all of the "content" released in the last couple of years inaccessible, and likely never will be if it continues down this path. .

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
I wouldn't call "content" opening new stories with a maximum of 10 lines of dialogue that lead nowhere but widen an already existing chasm. It's stalled because it's been more than a year (maybe even two) that the main plot hasn't moved forward, nor has the relationships between the characters, and when it does as in the case of the sex scene with Logan, it fucks up everything that it was told before because by now the author is in such a crisis that he has completely lost the overall vision of the project. Not to mention the fact that if you choose to take the "evil" side of the reptilian quest you will find much, if not all of the "content" released in the last couple of years inaccessible, and likely never will be if it continues down this path. .
To be fair, I wouldn't use the word "Stall".
Sure this project struggled a great deal for the past year, but from what I gathered, Hyao is actively trying to make it work again.
His patreon schedule was still fairly reasonable - especially if you compare to a lot of other projects.
And it seems he found a solution for the arts - using two artist for different contents, on top of the plan to move forward - continue on northcrest.
Not putting high hope on it yet, but I'm interested in what would happen to LD in 2023.

BTW, the "Lizard bad end route" is fairly dead. I'd rather Hyao focus on progression even if it's liner, instead of stretch thin on different branches / scenarios just for the sake of giving fake sense of "freedom".
Project scale oversight happens quite often, what matters is how you deal with it.

vocaloidboy

Nov 26, 2018
Sure this project struggled a great deal for the past year, but from what I gathered, Hyao is actively trying to make it work again.
His patreon schedule was still fairly reasonable - especially if you compare to a lot of other projects.
And it seems he found a solution for the arts - using two artist for different contents, on top of the plan to move forward - continue on northcrest.
Not putting high hope on it yet, but I'm interested in what would happen to LD in 2023.

BTW, the "Lizard bad end route" is fairly dead. I'd rather Hyao focus on progression even if it's liner, instead of stretch thin on different branches / scenarios just for the sake of giving fake sense of "freedom".
Project scale oversight happens quite often, what matters is how you deal with it.
Completely agree, and after all this is hyao's passion project, and essentially free to boot with the patreon stuff just being early access and smaller extra stuff like gallery. For what we have now, this is a very VERY impressive piece of work he's got going on. It's only 5 bucks for me but I'm willing to support this project and see how far it can go, not gonna bash the man or any of the others who are helping him [guest writers, additional artists, backers and etc]

Martyrdom

Sep 30, 2019
Please. For the Nameless quest I think, I need Wererat fur I believe.
I have killed tens of these, and I get nothing. Im an endgame player, I've played since release almost.
How to get this fur? Is my run bugged?

sunghari

Nov 7, 2020
hello guys, i was wondering if anybody can help me in doing the puzzle at the rat territory where i have to use the plate and also how can i ask the fat red panda to follow me search the village in the forest? i mean his village to precise

Lorenh80

Dec 29, 2020

don't get me wrong I never said that the author doesn't put effort into it or that he's cheating people by stealing their patreon money, mine was mainly a technical evaluation. As I said I consider this, one if not the best game on this forum, but I'd like the author to brainstorm and come up with updates that make more sense, and not just because he feels compelled to post something every single month.

Reactions: zodiac99

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
don't get me wrong I never said that the author doesn't put effort into it or that he's cheating people by stealing their patreon money, mine was mainly a technical evaluation. As I said I consider this, one if not the best game on this forum, but I'd like the author to brainstorm and come up with updates that make more sense, and not just because he feels compelled to post something every single month.
IMO it needs better project management, than brainstorm - we already have way more plot-holes than the dev can handle at this point. It lost direction, And what Hyao had tried last year apparently not working.
Let's hope they can do better this year.
Played the latest version (V0.5) and it reminds me how well Hyao can write - one of the main reason this game is held high regard - will really be a shame if such talents turn naught.

Reactions: Garnser

slut_2000

Jan 13, 2023
How do I give gifts to Logan?
I would also like to ask how to start the logan event at the tavern? because I've been trying to enter and exit the tavern at different times for a while but nothing happens

pls help

Spindle97

Aug 15, 2022
Guys in the Northcrest conspiracy quest I can't find Korg. I mean I saved him and talked to him before (all the cgi scenes unlocked with him, but never continued the quest), but now I can't find him anymore. He appears in my house at 2:00AM but i can't talk to him. tried waking up at 6AM or visiting my house at 8PM but nothing. Maybe he is somewhere else?

dakarx

Jan 19, 2021
How do I give gifts to Logan?
I would also like to ask how to start the logan event at the tavern? because I've been trying to enter and exit the tavern at different times for a while but nothing happens

pls help
You have to complete the road to Ste's farm in addition to the other steps mentioned in the journal. The tavern event will not trigger if you already have 2 hearts with Logan from completing further steps of his quest.

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes