• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

darkace51

May 31, 2018
Does personality actually have a gameplay effect besides compatibility between npc and response to player's action? Since I have two different 100 people villages setup where one with all the villagers with good natured and liked good natured people, while the other village had churlish people who liked churlish people. And I'm getting very different outcomes in moral over time.

I also started out maxing their moral and having all of them hate mean people. Both villages had all the amenities with of wells, food, beds, houses, and even showers though I don't think it does anything. Even made sure all the villagers could reach all of these and had the same amount of farmland and pens to maintain, basically everything is the same besides personality. The result is that the good natured villagers are all at high or max moral while the churlish village basically hate each other.

Is there an in-depth chart on what personality does what? I know the there was one for reactions to player actions like dance or threaten but not if there was one where a certain personality type village just goes to hell.

Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
Does personality actually have a gameplay effect besides compatibility between npc and response to player's action? Since I have two different 100 people villages setup where one with all the villagers with good natured and liked good natured people, while the other village had churlish people who liked churlish people. And I'm getting very different outcomes in moral over time.

I also started out maxing their moral and having all of them hate mean people. Both villages had all the amenities with of wells, food, beds, houses, and even showers though I don't think it does anything. Even made sure all the villagers could reach all of these and had the same amount of farmland and pens to maintain, basically everything is the same besides personality. The result is that the good natured villagers are all at high or max moral while the churlish village basically hate each other.

Is there an in-depth chart on what personality does what? I know the there was one for reactions to player actions like dance or threaten but not if there was one where a certain personality type village just goes to hell.
Most likely that there's just some NPCs that are "liked the most" by multiple and their libido just doesn't accept that many actions with others (libido of over 20 or perfume required for them to accept).
So from those NPC's that're in range, the one they like most will be their target for sex - if the target's libido is less than 20 however (easily possible with multiple liking the same one the most and constantly being in range) their morale will drop as they get declined.

One solution I find, when setting up the village, is to isolatate those without a "fixed" partner, until you have one that fits their personality and vice versa, then have them spend time together to get them to like each other, then throw them together closeby in the same village. (ideally a bit seperated from the others, so they can still gain love for each other and all)

So too many thrown together may very well end up just being worse than two that don't really fit each other, but don't hate each others personality either.

The "solution" is just guess work with what worked best for me.
Alternative solution could potentially be to figure out which are the most liked npcs and throw perfume at them constantly (if they're already in the act with another, they shouldn't reduce the morale of the one that attempts to do so) Or alternatively, throw toilets around, for those that do get declined. (I do have trouble getting my people to use those, though)

Febui

May 6, 2022
old laptop unfortunately...
From 1995? 64-bit CPUs were in mainstream consumer computers in 2003 and onward
Windows XP had a 64-bit version for this reason. Most operating systems continued to support old hardware and provide 32-bit options, but that stopped.
How old is this thing?

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Since you said nothing about the gender balance in those villages, I have to warn you: male villagers can get jealous if more than one of them loves the same woman. Which results in loss of morale.
Female villagers don't have this problem.

• Haha
Reactions: rKnight and John8r9

darkace51

May 31, 2018
Since you said nothing about the gender balance in those villages, I have to warn you: male villagers can get jealous if more than one of them loves the same woman. Which results in loss of morale.
Female villagers don't have this problem.
I see thanks, I did not control for that. Didn't know there was a jealousy mechanic in the game.

Most likely that there's just some NPCs that are "liked the most" by multiple and their libido just doesn't accept that many actions with others (libido of over 20 or perfume required for them to accept).
So from those NPC's that're in range, the one they like most will be their target for sex - if the target's libido is less than 20 however (easily possible with multiple liking the same one the most and constantly being in range) their morale will drop as they get declined.

One solution I find, when setting up the village, is to isolatate those without a "fixed" partner, until you have one that fits their personality and vice versa, then have them spend time together to get them to like each other, then throw them together closeby in the same village. (ideally a bit seperated from the others, so they can still gain love for each other and all)

So too many thrown together may very well end up just being worse than two that don't really fit each other, but don't hate each others personality either.

The "solution" is just guess work with what worked best for me.
Alternative solution could potentially be to figure out which are the most liked npcs and throw perfume at them constantly (if they're already in the act with another, they shouldn't reduce the morale of the one that attempts to do so) Or alternatively, throw toilets around, for those that do get declined. (I do have trouble getting my people to use those, though)
Does making toilets with captives for the npcs to use help? Since I had some setup but never seen any of the npcs use them.

Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
I see thanks, I did not control for that. Didn't know there was a jealousy mechanic in the game.

Does making toilets with captives for the npcs to use help? Since I had some setup but never seen any of the npcs use them.
They should theoretically check for usable toilets if their libido is high enough and get declined by their intended partner - although I don't know the exact requirements like range and whatnot. But when they use one, their morale shouldn't go down because they got declined.
(Though their morale will drop if they dislike someone (like -10 or something) so keep that in mind as well)

blulaz

Nov 23, 2017
does food on table is not eaten by npc? if not does it food effect still effect npc during raid?
No, foods on the table are pretty much a decoration until you picked it up. NPCs won't eat it.
The food buffs/effects description are misleading. You're not supposed to eat them / store them in the food box. But to obtain the effect, you'll need to place the foods scattered around your base / table. And if there's a raid happening, the game will check and calculate the effects, then you'll get those buffs.
It's pretty similar to items that affect raids (totems, dolls, etc)

joerailgun

Feb 24, 2020
No, foods on the table are pretty much a decoration until you picked it up. NPCs won't eat it.
The food buffs/effects description are misleading. You're not supposed to eat them / store them in the food box. But to obtain the effect, you'll need to place the foods scattered around your base / table. And if there's a raid happening, the game will check and calculate the effects, then you'll get those buffs.
i see if it similar to item affect raids, so multiple same food also get buff stack?

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
no, only npcs can get the buffs :BootyTime:

wümpa-lümpa

Mar 26, 2021
I started making square stone ramparts all around my camps with wooden spike and some entrance, i use tree for farming wood and cheap starter wall all around.
Is there an interest in doing that, or should i make a smaller and simpler camp?

And for follower, i need to up skill to get them, or i need to capture some people, and yona or the man can't be a follower?
And a last one, are there consequences if a character had sex or get pregnant? ally or enemy

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
I started making square stone ramparts all around my camps with wooden spike and some entrance, i use tree for farming wood and cheap starter wall all around.
Is there an interest in doing that, or should i make a smaller and simpler camp?

And for follower, i need to up skill to get them, or i need to capture some people, and yona or the man can't be a follower?
And a last one, are there consequences if a character had sex or get pregnant? ally or enemy
Base building fuckin' sucks in this game and your base is going to look like shit no matter what, that's my opinion.
Walls are diagonally-aligned, but floors (only two) are not. Debris/bushes constantly respawn inside. Collision issues constantly fuck up NPC pathing. Houses are incredibly gimmicky in that they "teleport you" to a sub-surface area. If you place one house behind another, placing ANY object in the "behind" house is actually going to place them in the "foreground" house.

Reactions: Yukihirou
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes