jack_px

Oct 21, 2016
hi i am just starting the game and i place a female to farm, but she only walks around the planter and doesnt do anything, someone knows how to make her work?

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
hi i am just starting the game and i place a female to farm, but she only walks around the planter and doesnt do anything, someone knows how to make her work?
The way to know if an NPC is working is by checking an icon appearing above its head (should be corn for harvest). Also, make sure both planter and harvest box are inside the NPC area (blue circle). Harvest box will be filled with whatever the NPC harvests.

There's not so much you can do besides that. NPC will work when feeling like it, but check those things to confirm everything is fine.

martelor

Oct 12, 2019
QUESTION:
i place a female to farm, but she only walks around the planter and doesnt do anything, how to make her work?
ANSWER:
1. Set her JOB: as FARM (click her > status > Job: Farm).
better set her combat stance as defender or if you wanna cheat a bit and made her invincible then set her combat stance as survivor.
2. Put planter (small planter is enough), then plant your desired seeds into the planter as starter. she will replant the seeds after she harvest the veggies.
3. put harvest box nearby to collect the harvest.
4. put a well nearby. (or rain collector but you need to give the npc drink regulary)
works need water, if their water reach 0 they stop their job. (npc can't drink from rain collector)
5. put a bed nearby.
6. set her location there (click her > move > location), then resize her territory (cyan circle) just enough to cover all the furnitures (planter, bed, harvest box, well) I've mentioned before, also it's better to set her combat area to the lowest possible.
7. make sure her territory/combat area doesn't overlap with someone she hates or someone hates her, their morale will takes some hit.
8. if everything are right, you'll see a veggie icon above her head or on the right side of her name in the friendlist (iirc beside the star icon).

Reactions: flannan

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I can put 10 bed inside native house, 6 left 4 right, so far didnt have any bug yet,
and the native house are a lot smaller than other house, so I can put it closer to each other as well.
Yeah, hasn't consistently worked out so hot for me when I do more than around 6-7. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes the characters won't even enter the house, sometimes they won't leave it in the morning, lol. There are occasionally problems even with 6, but it's a lot rarer. Had Sadako refuse to leave the house half the day earlier. I originally used to try to cram in as many as I can, but around 6-7 seems to be the sweet spot for me to have as few problems as possible atm.

Reactions: Hajtand

martelor

Oct 12, 2019
for those, who suffer under mandrake defieciency

i marked every shrub with a torch, so i had to just stroll by to spot a mandrake, still this took a while and i dare say, there is only one mandrake per reset, or they spawn under the map.
View attachment 3824266
nice idea. maybe we could also remove the shrubs by using the 'secret' function to remove grass/weed (ctrl+click the remove button using any removeable furniture > left click the shrubs) as explained in John's guide, don't know if they will regrow later or not though.

also 2 possible spawn locations
View attachment 3824272
thanks for the map brother! I doubt each game-seed gonna have the same spawn location or not (like how fnicker would spawns on different locations for each new game), but at least it's worth a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hajtand and flannan

Inaros.

Aug 25, 2020
Yeah, hasn't consistently worked out so hot for me when I do more than around 6-7. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes the characters won't even enter the house, sometimes they won't leave it in the morning, lol. There are occasionally problems even with 6, but it's a lot rarer. Had Sadako refuse to leave the house half the day earlier. I originally used to try to cram in as many as I can, but around 6-7 seems to be the sweet spot for me to have as few problems as possible atm.
If they dont enter the house, make sure their territory (blue circle) are include the house, you want them to enter only 1 house because they wont know if the house are full, it up to us the specified it to them.
as for they wont leave in the morning, are they walking inside the house? some time if 2 house are too close to each other, the "exit" of other house are closer, and the """AI""" will chose the closer exit even if it on the other house and they cant reach it, just dont put the house too close.
also, when puting down the bed, dont put it too close to the edge of the inside, I have problem of npc falling to the void before, so far 10 bed with a bed not close to the edge seem working fine for me.

Last edited:

IllussionMine

May 24, 2018
I have triggered the mermaid to jump to the sea, the blue smoke circle appear inside that small natural pond, but every time I fish on that blue circle, nothing get pulled. Anything wrong?

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
I can put 10 bed inside native house, 6 left 4 right, so far didnt have any bug yet,
and the native house are a lot smaller than other house, so I can put it closer to each other as well.
it wasn't possible to do that before, it changed after a few updates ago. They can't walk through wooden beds before

Reactions: Inaros. and Hajtand
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes