John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
well, if u want to block patrols coming in..u can block all the directions with walls. And place flags outside. You only spent 1 food for going outside tho, just not placing ur flag too far from ur base

wümpa-lümpa

Mar 26, 2021
how to use the gloves, the memo is kinda... strange, i try to put glove on me, inventory, storage, ground and workbench....
Japanese really doesn't know how to make game damned

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
for those, who suffer under mandrake defieciency

i marked every shrub with a torch, so i had to just stroll by to spot a mandrake, still this took a while and i dare say, there is only one mandrake per reset, or they spawn under the map.
yep, thats the "a bit annoying way" to farm mandrake easily
how to use the gloves, the memo is kinda... strange, i try to put glove on me, inventory, storage, ground and workbench....
did u read wut i wrote?
https://f95zone.to/threads/mad-island-v0-12-beta-steam-e-made.209671/post-14140771

Reactions: Shurutsue

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Gloves are a workbench. They share crafting list with your hand-crafting, but they can only draw resources from "storage" type containers.

And for follower, i need to up skill to get them, or i need to capture some people, and yona or the man can't be a follower?
Yona and Man are main characters, not followers. You have to catch or befriend somebody else to have followers.
Note that followers have different values in leadership points. A chicken is 1 point, a typical human is 3 points (maximum without upgrading leadership skill), a unique human is 4 points, and big and strong people or monsters go for 6 points.

And a last one, are there consequences if a character had sex or get pregnant? ally or enemy
Sex improves or reduces relationships (depending on whether it was voluntary or not). For some types of natives, it can also result in pregnancy. Pregnancy develops only in active villagers. It will not progress if they are in a cage, for example.
Pregnancy can result in childbirth. Childbirth results in more villagers or a life orb. Go ahead and impregnate everybody!
Note that normally, chances of pregnancy are quite low. Use pregnancy promotion item from your campfire to get good chances of impregnation.

I started making square stone ramparts all around my camps with wooden spike and some entrance, i use tree for farming wood and cheap starter wall all around.
Is there an interest in doing that, or should i make a smaller and simpler camp?
There is no "should" in this game. Build a castle if you want to. Just don't expect enemies to lay siege to it. They'll behave in the stupidest way possible.
A "moat" made of spikes around your castle is always a good idea.

Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
but floors (only two) are not
Slight correction, IIRC there's 4 (Wood, Stone, Iron, Glass... or 5? unsure, don't remember fully) but yes, walls and floors not matching with alignment is something I hate as well.

You can however (with lots of effort) make it so things look acceptable and/or even good. You can, for example, use Flowers and all as decoration and you'd need to be quite imaginative in how to mix and mash stuff together, so to get something to look good, it does take a considerable amount of effort IMO.

placing ANY object in the "behind" house is actually going to place them in the "foreground" house
Don't forget placing in stairs and falling into oblivion, just to fall back onto the map at some point :LOL:

Also for some things to look acceptable you'd probably need (or atleast easier that way) to "cheat" a bit. For example, if you do want to utilize walls and needles (spikes) nicely together (walls to delay and spikes to damage or faint them) you can click on spikes (or walls in that regard) hover over an area you can build on, then press escape to pause and place pretty much wherever you want, even under walls!

(Let's also not forget being able to completely block off enemies by placing elevated floors (against a pillar for example) in a way they walk against it - or the inability for them to capture their target by just giving one that's set to Survivor that curse thing from the first "failed" defensive raid where they captured one...)

i try to put glove on me, inventory, storage, ground and workbench....
Gloves are just like a workbench themselves, just without their own inventory.
Simply put: Place them like workbenches, use them like those.
If you do feel the phrasing used in John's memos/guide is confusing, feel free to suggest changes.
(With how helpful he is overall, I doubt he'd take it negatively)

KhumnBra

Jan 14, 2019
Does anyone know when there should be more updates to the game? and how do you get the natives to get angry and commit more rapes on the base?

Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
Does anyone know when there should be more updates to the game? and how do you get the natives to get angry and commit more rapes on the base?
Have them have no job, meaning resting, (faster libido rising IIRC, potentially (unsure) more checks for love/sex) and throw them together with people they hate, as that drops their morale, and around -90(?) morale is needed for them to be eligible to go ham.

patrikli

Oct 15, 2018
So... I guess it's another tip for players who want to move the whole house with many chests...

When you move from point A (Old base) to point B (new Base)

You will find out that everything is gone when you put the house somewhere on point B and go inside. chests will disappear.

don't need to panic, just need to save the game (I tried only when I'm not in the house) and load the saved game and it will appear again!!! I just tried many ways haha, was panicking like crazy.

Snímek obrazovky 2024-07-12 201208.png

joerailgun

Feb 24, 2020
damn people really creative at this game, when i see other people save file they have nice looking design and stuff.
Meanwhile i just pack thing as close as possible

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
damn people really creative at this game, when i see other people save file they have nice looking design and stuff.
Meanwhile i just pack thing as close as possible
Many survival-themed games, including this one, have a lot of opportunities to get creative with architecture.
The hard part, is getting creative architecture to be actually useful in the constraints of the game.

Packing things as close as possible makes sense, but leaves the problem of NPCs getting stuck, because this game has almost 0 pathfinding. The core of utilitarian designs here, is to build a village mostly out of no-collision objects.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Actually in this game, you're kind of incentivized to spread your base out pretty far. The houses can only store about 6 beds/sleeping characters safely atm without characters bugging out/not entering the house, so you want to keep them all to their separate zones, at least if you want to keep morale high. The houses take up a bunch of space. You spread things out to give everybody enough room and end up having to hire a bunch of extra guards to watch all the sides of your base. I know to build width wise to fit at least 3 stone houses now for all the workers I want. The damn farms need like 10 workers if you want them to work at a decent speed.

At least wood/stone walls are pretty cheap, you only need about 200-250 walls to enclose everything you need. I'd probably just double up on stone walls rather than upgrade them to higher tiers too. Cool how they auto repair after raids. My only gripe is still how badly you have to squish together the about a dozen workbenches near your spider cloth chests. Even if you split up cooking stuff/materials which is pretty easy, it's still a struggle. Right now you need like 3 layers of spider cloth chests just about right on top of eachother to keep all materials in range of all your workbenches, along with all of your workbenches on top of eachother.

There is a machine that lets you access stuff from a distance, but it's not categorized at all, so it doesn't help much atm. If you could even sort by just workbenches or certain types of chests, that'd help a lot. Of course allowing the crafting skill to improve the range workbenches can pull from cloth storage would still be my preference.

Last edited:
Reactions: flannan

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
At least wood/stone walls are pretty cheap, you only need about 200-250 walls to enclose everything you need. I'd probably just double up on stone walls rather than upgrade them to higher tiers too. Cool how they auto repair after raids.
In my experience, I build stone walls mostly to get rid of all the extra stone that is a byproduct of mining iron (which is needed for any serious base-building). Houses need iron, wells need iron, cages need iron...
It will be even worse if you're getting your iron from villager-operated mines.

My only gripe is still how badly you have to squish together the about a dozen workbenches near your spider cloth chests. Even if you split up cooking stuff/materials which is pretty easy, it's still a struggle. Right now you need like 3 layers of spider workbenches just about right on top of eachother to keep them all in range of all your workbenches, along with all of your workbenches on top of eachother.
Most of my workbenches draw materials from 4 storages: one line of 3 spider storages, and one cloud storage. It's a little crampled in there, but seems to work okay. I'll experiment with different layouts when I'm migrating to a new location. The main goal is to separate storages into categories that make it easy to deposit loot after a good adventure.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes