Graymond

Jul 25, 2020
mine is like this, i assigned the job for Shino to work on it. remember to set the territory including the harvest box and breeding farm. Only cows and sheep can produce stuff from breeding farm (no need to max loyalty). Your deers, pigs and chickens are useless being there.
How do I craft the harvest box? I can't find it in the crafting lists.

Maxwell404

Mar 10, 2018
Dont they spawn in the water anymore? I remember when I went coral gathering and looking for mermaid, thinking i'd be safe from scouts yet the fuckos kept spawning and patroling underwater, like they had snorkels or something. They don't drown or slow down underwater.
I think that might've gotten patched out or I'm very very lucky. I've been messing around in the water for a while and haven't seen any patrols. But just in case there's a small chance a raid theoretically COULD spawn because you never know; you could try this...

Get some male natives together, make sure they're decently strong...Take them to do some killing of some random other natives and cause a ruckus just running around being seen by scouts and killing them (make sure your natives are doing the killing not you). Then put them at base 1 with the invisible walls and treat that as your slave labor camp where they work to provide resources. (or just give someone living there a decoy necklace)

Then set up your second base on the island with your harem where you'll build your actual set up luxuries ect. That way on the off chance there's spawns at all they'll always target people in your base who have kills on them.

I'm not sure if that's a mechanic? But for as long as I've been playing the only natives I have that ever get targeted are people I've taken out for long periods of time to kill with.

imelman

May 15, 2018
Main issue with farms is that they do not give much for harder to amass seeds like soy, tomato and green pepper, or mass harvesting wheat, unless you put like, a lot of characters in concentrated area full of planters, which naturally means that natives are no go for such job, but androids and other characters who do not have housing requirements and conflicting personalities become the workers. And apparently each 8 slot planter can take up to 4 characters working on each(or 2 for 4 slot planters but due to abduance of stone you should not build those), meaning in a area that consists of 20 of them, you need at least 40 characters set to farming, and they collect far, far more than the player can from harvests, alongside allowing plants to cycle growth and providing an automatic food source for real. Yes, farming, unlike literally anything else requires a lot of people to truly show its potential, while other jobs are fine for a usual 10 people houses spread out, but farming practically requires you to use characters who do not conflict with each other in order to maximize efficency, as otherwise, the farms are small and not very impressive besides converting looted seeds into food/some ingridients. Naturally, with that many characters, a water well is not sustainable, which makes water feed tank the best option that can sustain 4 times as many people compared to that. While wells can support roughly between 10-20 characters depending on their job within their radius, a water tank can sustain at least 40-80, which this farming does make use of by a major margin. But all that effort for vegetable pizza, the 5% attack speed boosting meal for natives, as well items that require soybeans as crafting material and amassing wheat-based food makes the effort well worth it, but takes a while to amass that many androids, preferrably with mechanical arms at very least, since they seem to deal AOE damage if they have both of them, while being able to identify them from humans. And in case of laser head, it seems to deal 50% more damage than their usual attacks do, but its both chance and cooldown based, meaning they will use it every several seconds and with a chance of using it. Still, while their growth and especially base stats are strong, they cannot be leveled to super levels that the raids will throw, but that's why you send them to farms, since humans need plenty of space and housing that makes also complain about each other, making farms ineffective for them, but androids never complain which makes them best workers. Hoping you can upgrade/recycle already built ones though, besides the fact that not all parts you can attach to them have consistent colors, and you can only dye their "mechanical arms" in dye workbench but only before connecting the results.

If a creature was "deployed" outside breeding farm even once, it means that the game will from time to time place them to those stand in spots, resulting in weird sequences of animals outside the fence, that problem is not present in chicken coops since those are static entities rather than non-selectable NPCs that display cosmetics if they have any, which breeding farm does. Oh and placing small/tiny sized creatures in a NPC inventory and then loading the saved game with them in tow "resets" their stats to their baseline, meaning that while you can use small and tiny creatures as extra inventory space, you cannot afford to give them pockets or level them up, as those will be for naught. Same issue applies to limbs in NPC inventory, since they use the same data as NPCs who cannot be placed in their inventory for such reasons, you cannot use said "base" limbs for android construction or displaying on certain structures, but you can still use them as crafting materials that require them. Only killing said animals for materials fixes the problem, which isn't an issue if its a common one, but for special variants like pink cows it can be a huge bummer.

Naturally, the north area while featuring hardest enemies outside of attacks and not featuring enough space for large bases without obstruction, it is also the most needed one solely for ruck creatures, as well making mine sites worthwhile due to them generating diamonds, but only in that area, and not counting naturally spawning obstacles and enemies, you can roughly make 6 "camps" with houses for natives to mine ores, still a slow process but the diamond drops make up for it. And every time you come by teleport flags to collect the ores, rucks spawn and you can capture them every time to the trader for more inventory space, which pays off as well. After all, the game kind of encourages you to make camps in such locations with natives for both defense from the nature itself and resources, so that is worthwhile to do.

If you have raids featuring 150+ people and have speed at really high levels, you can actually race to the raid spawn and using crystal/guardian sword at such speed and try to kill them, you'll notice that some die in one hit, due to fact the game doesn't instantly give them proper levels or special loot, meaning elites can drop ordinary items while halloween enemies only drop their base items instead, and also, as a result, characters killed this way are considered "unconscious" rather than "killed", meaning you can place them as if they were alive in cages and such, but since they are also "dead", they will never progress recruitment in said cages, though that also means they are most obvious ones to put onto said things.

Apparently, character "bodies" can be also used for body parts of android construction, if they have the part in question intact, which means if a character is dead, you can have less hassle with specific limbs, and if alive, "recycled" that way. Saves the effort of haivng a knife around, considering that heavy attacks already chop plenty of limbs, and there's no knife worth using against hordes of enemies, while axes are well, you carry a chaos axe both to spare valuable durability off more powerful weapons, but also to chop and mine to begin with.

Post patch, the mermaid character was "buffed" from using just melee attacks to ranged bubble one that includes 3 projectiles, still limited to water areas, but one thing that I tested was when a raid was into camp near iron mine, I deployed a raft as a platform to whack them from a distance, but what's more important is that enemies in water do not attack if they are submerged, while some areas of that water still allow you to perform heavy attacks, but what's more, since water forces enemies to walk back and forth, the guardian sword heavy attack can hit them more than twice, meaning it can kill them 3 times as fast than normal, if they are in water. That means it is the best way to kill raiders bar none other, though crystal sword is still good as a backup when you cannot hit them with cross attack, or when you need to lure them to the said water. Yes, an area near the iron mine covnerted to farming plantation full of seeds and wheat using androids as labor to go around the conflicts of normal workers is one of best locations to kill raiders at, but the bases near ruins are best ones for meal bonus oriented ones, as well placing dummies and totems to concentrate at that. And of course if they get into the water, their targeting gets reset, so thats another reason why its a good way of clearing those.

After a while, 10000 level attacks become nothing more than a walk in the park in terms of damage you can deal to them via such method, though making hell totems from strong bones becomes tedious due to fact skeletons only spawn in first 3 floors of the dungeon that are not specifically farmed for most of the time. But if carnage totems could be used to upgrade to something that gives more levels that would be great.

Some high level capturees can have 0/400 experience to next level, which means they gain a lot of points from a single level up, enough to sufficently level their speed upgrades while maintaining their high stats, though that also means why ordinary non-raid natives will be heavily outperformed by them. And better yet, some of them spawn with bonus speed already applied, which means more speed once leveled, and giving a good reason to fight those for both experience and potential of gaining strongest possible characters. Not without iron dummies to increase the pool of loot, experience and of course workers if they survive.

Shynasha

Mar 19, 2019
Thy Supreme_Evil <3

Mad Island [V0.16 Beta Steam] (Cheats Updated)

- **Key B:** Opens UI with all the Commands(86) and Togglables
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Added to every command an Description, hover over the "?" of the Button to display it. (That wasnt a fun experience to find out what each does.. ☠)

**Togglable:** (in UI at the left side of the screen)
- Free Crafting
- Infinite Carry Count (no debuffs and travel limitations)
- Inf. Lives Cheat
- Inf. Food and Water Cheat(NPCs included)
- Invincible
- No Consume Item
- 100% Pregnancy & No Miscarriage
- Drops x100
- Risky Drops x100 Cheat (May Cause Bugs—Disable When Not in Use!)
- Generate maxStackDrops | NPC Drops +100 to +500
Drops always generate the highest possible stack drop chance or sometimes higher. NPC drops are +100 to +500 more drops.

**Passive:**
-
Max Stack increased to 9999
- Uncensored

Info: I'm currently working on converting everything into a BepInEx plugin. It's going well, but I'm having some issues with the GUI. I hope that in the next update, I'll be able to switch from using the DLL to BepInEx.

IMPORTANT: This is for the BETA version of the game, if you have the bought Steam version you need to select the beta test. Thy
J_Bunny for testing and the dll!
EA Build V0.16.0 Beta Steam Assembly-CSharp_v25.rar
Latest Update at 2024.08.24
Installation:
First Create a Backup of the dll and saves, if smth does break..
Mad Island_Data → Managed → Override the dll.

Something weird happen with the invincible cheat, for some reason it uncheck itself randomly

Jun 12, 2021
Something weird happen with the invincible cheat, for some reason it uncheck itself randomly
the invincible is the native scene invincible, so it will toggle off after each scene.
I really just put it in cause why not, i never used it so i never was bothered to implement one for the cheat only.. i may implement a cheat invincible on the next couple of updates tho im in a tight schedule at the moment..

Axvz

Mar 25, 2021
Can you have multiple bases? Is this a reansoable approach?
You can. However you are limited to one waypoint with no food cost to teleport to. I also don't think you have an actual reason to build more than one base unless you want to try something really specific

bingbot

Feb 25, 2023
So I just got this game today. I’m doing pretty well I think, trying to do a blindish run. Where do you guys typically set up shop for a base? I’m not trying to move bases like 10 times. Or do you guys just build little outposts for each resource? I’m assuming setting up too close to the native camps is no good.

4.50 star(s) 54 Votes