HumbleBumbleBee

Jul 24, 2024
Someone please tell me why there are 500 pages for this only 3 month old game ?
It was pretty mid when I "finished" this yet unfinished game but what exactly are you guys seeing in this game for the future ?

was it the niche genre that doesn't get worked with much or what am I missing here ?

Axvz

Mar 25, 2021
It was pretty mid when I "finished" this yet unfinished game but what exactly are you guys seeing in this game for the future ?

was it the niche genre that doesn't get worked with much or what am I missing here ?
It's male mc harem sandbox with some bit of excessive violence attached to it. Not really a niche if you ask me.

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
i am going to clarify the enemies who drop the chainsaw i've said before. Its not from enemies who wear jason's mask in halloween raid. Its from the ghost enemies who attack you with lightning. Spawning the ghost with command doesn't work like in halloween raid.
1725541718163.png

Reactions: MaestreOfChaos

flannan

Dec 15, 2022

The game is actually much older than that.
The game is moderately fun, but its interface design is very unobvious. Things were the worst at the start, before the developer added "show keybindings" button, but people still have a lot of questions like "how do I tame people?" or "why don't rabbits breed at my breeding farm?" (breeding farm doesn't actually breed anyone - it just collects milk and wool from appropriate species).
At this point, the game has multiple guides, like the one in my signature, just to help people who are lost.

To make things worse, with 500 pages of discussion, it's unreasonable to expect people to read them all and find answers, so they just keep asking questions over and over. Even reading 17 pages to find the first guide is unreasonable.

Niche genre of it being an actual game, not just a Ren'Py VN.
The game has a broad appeal, because you don't actually have to do all the mad stuff like making shields out of people. But if you do want to, you can. Likewise, you can download DLC and breed DLC women, or you can avoid that. You can play lose-to-see-sex with female MC, or you can play male MC as a rapist, or you can play male MC as a decent person.

There are several other survival-themed games on this site, but this one is one of the best, even with all its flaws. Even a simple comparison of discussion with recently shared "Parasites" shows the difference.

ArcherUwU

Mar 17, 2023
Do you know when 0.17 will arrive or what it will bring? I need to see an update where I can take a deer with a backpack, I need to mobilize large quantities of materials.

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
It's even funnier when you see that your guide is linked on the main page.
i mean, i even told people can use ctrl plus f to search for keywords in the guide
Do you know when 0.17 will arrive or what it will bring? I need to see an update where I can take a deer with a backpack, I need to mobilize large quantities of materials.
isn't that already in the game? u can tame deers using large wooden fence and ask it to follow u as companion. Then u can open its inventory or expand its inventory by feeding it pockets from nanachi

Reactions: flannan

Cyberkuro

Sep 16, 2021
Well, there's a lot of entertainment when someone asks the same goddamn questions.
There's one who claims to be blind, and then one who claims to own a steam version but still ask for this pirate version.
A lot of these stupidity could've been avoided if they just think properly & at least look at John's guide before asking. But I understand that people think with their lower half instead.

gogicz

Jun 24, 2023
after trying this game out, it's actually really solid, the survival is pretty fun too, though of course there is lot of content not added yet and there is as of writing this comment no consensual scenes between the protagonists which is kinda sad but i hope they will add that soon.

Incubusknight

Aug 7, 2021
For me that's kinda like when folks ask. "Why do people still play minecraft?/Ark?/Palworld?" It's the question often asked when folks have technically "beaten" the game and did all the current content.
Because Mad island is a sandbox building game I just spend most of my time advancing my homebase into a village/town. Taking care of my npcs (now children), and raising them into guards, farmers, miners etc.
I don't know, it's just fun for me and as a person who loves building from scratch, the game's pretty fun and entertaining for me and the added violance/ecchii is just a bonus.

That being said John8r9 response of folks just asking the same questions over and over again is pretty funny to me and most likely true.

The potential is there and that's all it really needs for me. I doubt it'll ever get to the same level as some of the main stream sandbox building games but Mad island has that element that we'll probably never see in other sandbox games, and that's the main draw for me.
As for it's future.
Hope to see an improved UI,
more variety of characters you can capture, (such as more mermaids, or monster girls)
more clothing/outfits/gear,
more sexy scenes,
more building stuffs,
and lastly finishing the storyline to either escape the island or stay I guess.

That's what I'm hopeing for anyway, realisticly my expecations are being kept low since it's an H-game but at the very leasts what we have is fun enough for me to invest my hours into it.

4.50 star(s) 54 Votes