Apr 18, 2020
Can I have the latest full save file? cause all I get is that this game required a lot of grinding.
Savedata is interchangeable with Versions, therefore when people update their game, they only need to put XML folder into the New Version
This isn't like RPGMaker Savefiles where Versions matters.
Ultimately you can just use Cheat/Cheat commands to give yourself some boost to make the game easier over asking for Savefiles.

If you still desire a savefile, unfortunately I can only give you my finished ones or a WIP In-game H-Gallery which is a pet-project to me atm.
https://f95zone.to/posts/15143224/
https://f95zone.to/posts/15153047/
Or
I can make you one if you desire on what aspect of the game you want changed like
"Full map reveled" (Cheat command one is only temporary, much better to just set run 100 and then move around the map without triggering the missions)
"Full recipe"
"Better starting weapons" (like having a starting chest with better weapons)
"Waypoints" (red flag on the maps)
Or just give you some Starting large EXP berry
^these can all be achieved with Cheat commands, just depending on how people don't want to config their starting game
For example, this one.

Last edited:

pmonk

Oct 15, 2019
Do mines have a better iron to stone ratio as you go more north or different biomes, I don't think I'd notice even if I do test and see what's up.
The early mid game seems pretty iron bottle necked, especially if you don't find either cave or go the workshop route, took me a while before I looked at the guide map after thinking iron can't be this rare for how often it's used.

John8r9

Engaged Member
Dec 25, 2018
Do mines have a better iron to stone ratio as you go more north or different biomes, I don't think I'd notice even if I do test and see what's up.
The early mid game seems pretty iron bottle necked, especially if you don't find either cave or go the workshop route, took me a while before I looked at the guide map after thinking iron can't be this rare for how often it's used.
i did mark 8 as where the iron mine is.

Jin238

Aug 7, 2024
early game for iron what i do is head to the spider cave to the north west of the starting point. As you enter the cave there are 2 iron ore rocks, just break them exit the cave then re-enter break them again, exit re-enter repeat until satisfied. I don't know about anyone else's game but for me somewhere around the 5th loop my game bugs out and i don't even need to move towards the rocks i just click on them and my guy just long range breaks them from the cave entrance further speeding up the whole process. One time he just skipped the whole breaking animation i literally just clicked the rock and it immediately turned into the resources as if i was harvesting a bush, was a most productive time for me.

Apr 18, 2020
I know, I'm saying that if someone didn't look at the guide map or spam mine workshops for some reason while knowing nothing about the game, they'd bottle necked by iron really quick.
This game has a reputation of not having New-player friendly gameplay, you would need to spend the effort to figure things out
otherwise a Guide is indeed needed to progress through this game without feeling the game hiding details/contents or features to you.

Just like how certain NPCs can only appear during higher level raid to meet them or spending efforts to obtain them like Elder Brother/Sister natives.

Reactions: flannan

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
I know, I'm saying that if someone didn't look at the guide map or spam mine workshops for some reason while knowing nothing about the game, they'd bottle necked by iron really quick.
This game has a reputation of not having New-player friendly gameplay, you would need to spend the effort to figure things out
otherwise a Guide is indeed needed to progress through this game without feeling the game hiding details/contents or features to you.

Just like how certain NPCs can only appear during higher level raid to meet them or spending efforts to obtain them like Elder Brother/Sister natives.
If you played Don't Starve you will know, but once you got into the know hows the game becomes a blast

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Is there a way to knock out fast? The wooden club is bad
In addition to all the other things mentioned, Halloween raids bring special Halloween clubs with 15 faint. They look silly, but are quite effective in midgame. And you can equip them to some NPCs.

There doesn't seem to be a way to improve iron production by villager-operated mines. Mining the iron personally seems to be the only way.

Is there any way to disable the raids? I am good with everything else but the raids are bullshit and I would rather not deal with them.
Yes. Just set up your totems so that the number of raiders would be negative. Early-game solution is to rush the plant workbench.

Alternatively, get a raid magnet amulet, put it on a villager, and put a villager on top of a really high tower. That will cause the raiders to be unable to find them, swear a lot and cancel the raid.

Apr 18, 2020
Another way to get Iron ore/Iron ingot is by farming Raids
Using one Friendly NPC as a Bait equipped with [Decoy Charm] + Job [Survivor], You're able to farm Raiders for it
(Decoy Charm from the Guard, the one that is guarding your Captured Friendly NPC)
Related post on this topic from me :
https://f95zone.to/threads/mad-island-v0-2-beta-steam-e-made.209671/post-14978640
https://f95zone.to/threads/mad-island-v0-2-beta-steam-e-made.209671/post-15069185

The only downside?
Gathering loot one by one which is a hassle, then you would want to capture a "Ruck" which is a rather end game animal where you on your way to meet the Giant, you can use "Ruck" to suck the loot out of them

Reactions: flannan and John8r9

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
not sure if i said it before here. You can ask NPC to excavate mandrake, almost same low % chance as diamond mining on chaos area.
View attachment 4156239
i asked 3 npcs to do excavation with the excavation site in the swamp area, it took about over 40mins to farm one
Still much better than doing it yourself with a shovel. And even though I encountered wild mandrake a few times, I never managed to catch these fast things.

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes