allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Wait what?

He turned into a sjw? I have been giving this game a thought to download, but if the mc is a betaz I'm out
I can't really remember anything like that happening...
I feel like I would notice too since I tend to avoid that pseudo-political shit like the plague. Maybe some people are just more sensitive to that shit. He might be talking about when he dyed his hair as part of some old bet but that'd be a pretty wild leap to connect those things.

Idk, man. To me, the MC seems like he's on a journey from being a loser to being a somebody. A sort of Hero's Journey. I don't think that really qualifies as being a "beta". He starts off at rock bottom and is more or less on a journey of self-improvement. I say just give it a try. It's pretty good.

Reactions: Hungover00

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Pretty awesome game, was kinda worried starting off after reading that we can date multiple people but so can the girls, but it's looking increasingly likely that it simply means we'll be in a polyamorous relationship, probably where We and Chloe are in a triad with one of the other girls, on top of any of the girls we date one on one, more so than a typical harem, which I have no problems with.

Kinda wish how you unlock of change the various traits was a bit more obvious, got Prone To Ignorance, and I have no idea how or why? Don't think I've ever turned down getting information or anything

Reactions: Dragon59

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I can't really remember anything like that happening...
I feel like I would notice too since I tend to avoid that pseudo-political shit like the plague. Maybe some people are just more sensitive to that shit. He might be talking about when he dyed his hair as part of some old bet but that'd be a pretty wild leap to connect those things.

Idk, man. To me, the MC seems like he's on a journey from being a loser to being a somebody. A sort of Hero's Journey. I don't think that really qualifies as being a "beta". He starts off at rock bottom and is more or less on a journey of self-improvement. I say just give it a try. It's pretty good.
Yeah, perhaps the fact that the MC is not a fully formed superman and still has to rely on others in his journey. It doesn't match their Alpha Immersion Fantasies.

Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022
Pretty awesome game, was kinda worried starting off after reading that we can date multiple people but so can the girls, but it's looking increasingly likely that it simply means we'll be in a polyamorous relationship, probably where We and Chloe are in a triad with one of the other girls, on top of any of the girls we date one on one, more so than a typical harem, which I have no problems with.

Kinda wish how you unlock of change the various traits was a bit more obvious, got Prone To Ignorance, and I have no idea how or why? Don't think I've ever turned down getting information or anything
still haven't played this , are the LI dating/sleeping with other guys in the polyamorous relationship? it's kind of confusing how the dev describes it

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
still haven't played this , are the LI dating/sleeping with other guys in the polyamorous relationship? it's kind of confusing how the dev describes it
As of the what's currently available, you can only actually get to be dating one of the girls. None of the girls are dating anyone else of any gender at the moment, and they're also not having casual sex with anyone else either.

One of the girls is 100% bisexual, and a few of the others are most likely bi too. So it's looking increasingly likely that going forward, some of our girlfriends will be dating each other too.

I should also mention, there aren't a lot core male characters in the game, and of those, the majority of those are highly unlikely to end up dating or hooking up with any of our girls in any fashion.

Now, maybe some of the girls might date us and another guy at the same time at some point in the future, but as it stands, I think it's most likely going to be some of the LIs dating other LIs. Personally, them dating other guys wouldn't bother me at all if we were given the option of playing MC as bisexual. So we and our girlfriend would share a boyfriend.

The vague description by the developer feels very alarmist, or designed to let people think the "worst". But as they say, there's not going to be any NTR or being cheated on, just polyamory.

Also on a somewhat unrelated note, the dev isn't great at all with lgbt stuff. They kinda dance back and forth between being homophobic and not. Also, like many VN writers, I'm not sure if they've ever heard of bisexuality or if they're just to cowardly to have their characters explicitly say they're bisexual. Like the girl who is 100% bi says "I'm not a lesbian but..." and dances around being the label bisexual, as do a few of the other girls. So be so much better to just have them say they're bi/bisexual. Could be worse, could be a lot better.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zoomaa

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
As of the what's currently available, you can only actually get to be dating one of the girls. None of the girls are dating anyone else of any gender at the moment, and they're also not having casual sex with anyone else either.

One of the girls is 100% bisexual, and a few of the others are most likely bi too. So it's looking increasingly likely that going forward, some of our girlfriends will be dating each other too.

I should also mention, there aren't a lot core male characters in the game, and of those, the majority of those are highly unlikely to end up dating or hooking up with any of our girls in any fashion.

Now, maybe some of the girls might date us and another guy at the same time at some point in the future, but as it stands, I think it's most likely going to be some of the LIs dating other LIs. Personally, them dating other guys wouldn't bother me at all if we were given the option of playing MC as bisexual. So we and our girlfriend would share a boyfriend.

The vague description by the developer feels very alarmist, or designed to let people think the "worst". But as they say, there's not going to be any NTR or being cheated on, just polyamory.

Also on a somewhat unrelated note, the dev isn't great at all with lgbt stuff. They kinda dance back and forth between being homophobic and not. Also, like many VN writers, I'm not sure if they've ever heard of bisexuality or if they're just to cowardly to have their characters explicitly say they're bisexual. Like the girl who is 100% bi says "I'm not a lesbian but..." and dances around being the label bisexual, as do a few of the other girls. So be so much better to just have them say they're bi/bisexual. Could be worse, could be a lot better.
Yeah, just finished playing and some of the tags (like harem) should be 'planned' and not already added to description. Also latest update had scenes without MC, I checked with gallery mod after finishing. But since none of them were in my gameplay, I assume it's only in case MC won't get sexually involved with certain characters. And about that, there was one scene with Chloe in the beach house, that didn't trigger for me. There weren't many choices, so I assume it was locked behind 'trying something more' instead of being casual, but I hope somebody can confirm if it is the case.

Reactions: S1nsational

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yeah, just finished playing and some of the tags (like harem) should be 'planned' and not already added to description. Also latest update had scenes without MC, I checked with gallery mod after finishing. But since none of them were in my gameplay, I assume it's only in case MC won't get sexually involved with certain characters. And about that, there was one scene with Chloe in the beach house, that didn't trigger for me. There weren't many choices, so I assume it was locked behind 'trying something more' instead of being casual, but I hope somebody can confirm if it is the case.
You have sex with Chloe twice during the beach trip if you're trying to make her a girlfriend, once in the bed of the truck, and once in the cabin. On the way back from the beach the log updates with her as our girlfriend.

Also I think the harem label is somewhat applicable, as of the current content, because even if it's not currently bf/gf we are able to have a FWB thing with Eva (the former model, I might be mixing up her name), and start something with Robbie

So as it stands the game might might count as harem for the F95 definition.

All that said, I think it'll be a good few updates before we'll see things move towards a more solid typical harem. Currently we (can) only have one girlfriend.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
You have sex with Chloe twice during the beach trip if you're trying to make her a girlfriend, once in the bed of the truck, and once in the cabin. On the way back from the beach the log updates with her as our girlfriend.

Also I think the harem label is somewhat applicable, as of the current content, because even if it's not currently bf/gf we are able to have a FWB thing with Eva (the former model, I might be mixing up her name), and start something with Robbie

So as it stands the game might might count as harem for the F95 definition.

All that said, I think it'll be a good few updates before we'll see things move towards a more solid typical harem. Currently we (can) only have one girlfriend.
Yea, I actually never tried having anything beyond a casual fling with Chloe because I feel like it'd blow up in my face since I'm pursuing both Eva and Robbie as well. Didn't know you could have your cake and eat it too in this game.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yea, I actually never tried having anything beyond a casual fling with Chloe because I feel like it'd blow up in my face since I'm pursuing both Eva and Robbie as well. Didn't know you could have your cake and eat it too in this game.
4.1 - Does this game feature NTR currently or will do in the future?

As in the humiliation fetish where a romantic partner is stolen from the main character to cause discomfort and jealousy? No.

Keep in mind, though, that all characters you encounter throughout the story have their own kinds of relationships and friends, so don't be surprised if a potential love interest is a little too close to someone else.

4.2 - MW is a harem game, but has... *gasp* other characters having agency over its sexual content?

First and foremost, Mad World is a story about its characters. It being a "harem" game only tells you that you can pursue an active relationship with multiple characters at the same time, not that other characters won't do the same. Yes, you read that right.

So, yea, you can certainly date Chloe, and more of the girl at the same time, but it's almost certain that Chloe, who is bi, will date one of the other girls too. Polyamory. There'll probably be triads etc inside the harem

Like I really see us ending up with in a triad with Chloe and Robbie very easily. Robbie just needs to come to terms with her bisexuality more

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: allanl9020142

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
So, yea, you can certainly date Chloe, and more of the girl at the same time, but it's almost certain that Chloe, who is bi, will date one of the other girls too. Polyamory. There'll probably be triads etc inside the harem

Like I really see us ending up with in a triad with Chloe and Robbie very easily. Robbie just needs to come to terms with her bisexuality more
Hot.

Although, that's what I'm unsure of. How Robbie would be written to be okay with their relationship given all the history. Also how Chloe would be okay with the MC pursuing Robbie even though there's still an unrequited love thing going on while also doing something more than just a casual fling with the MC.

That all just sounded like a clusterfuck powder keg so I thought, "Nah, that's gonna bite the MC in the ass later. Better just keep things casual."

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Hot.

Although, that's what I'm unsure of. How Robbie would be written to be okay with their relationship given all the history. Also how Chloe would be okay with the MC pursuing Robbie even though there's still an unrequited love thing going on while also doing something more than just a casual fling with the MC.

That all just sounded like a clusterfuck powder keg so I thought, "Nah, that's gonna bite the MC in the ass later. Better just keep things casual."
I'm not sure when this happens in relation to the decision to look for more from Chloe, but you're able to encourage Chloe to think about trying to date Robbie. It might or might not only be available if you're trying to date Chloe. So as i see it, we (MC and Chloe) both want to date Robbie, and Robbie wants to date us (MC), so I can see the triad forming there pretty easily and naturally if one makes the right choices

• Wow
Reactions: allanl9020142

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
This one has been on my pile of shame for a while, so I finally gave it a go couple days ago. Solid art, great writing. Lots of content per chapter as well.
Funny thing, for me personally the fight in the data center went on for too long, I was thinking 'okay, got it, violence; anyway just get out of there'. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it was interesting to see this getting picked up later and to hear MC's reasoning.
Also hope we will have another chance to talk to Elena soon (picked the 2nd option fwiw, no sex nor retaliate). She comes across like an outsider within the guard.

There's also been a public couple weeks ago that hasn't been shared yet from what I've seen.

Last edited:

shokoloko

Jul 20, 2023
This one has been on my pile of shame for a while, so I finally gave it a go couple days ago. Renders/animations might not be the best, but the writing more than makes up for it. Lots of content per chapter as well.
Funny thing, for me personally the fight in the data center went on for too long, I was thinking 'okay, got it, violence; anyway just get out of there'. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it was interesting to see this getting picked up later and to hear MC's reasoning.
Also hope we will have another chance to talk to Elena soon (picked the 2nd option fwiw, no sex nor retaliate). She comes across like an outsider within the guard.
I finished the game a couple days ago as well. I totally agree with you that the fight in the data center overstayed its welcome. Not a deal breaker for me though.

Unfortunately, it feels to me that Elena is an underling of Vincent, not part of the main group. I like her a lot, so more Elena content is very welcome here too. :)

This game is very good overall. I just wish the time skips weren't as jarring/instant as they are. It gets a bit confusing sometimes.

ObamnaObamna

May 16, 2022
I totally agree with you that the fight in the data center overstayed its welcome. Not a deal breaker for me though.
Take my word with a grain of salt because this is my favorite AVN right now and I'm going to dickride this game until it's finished.

Anyways, I don't agree with the idea that the data center fight took too long. I feel like I WOULD agree if it had less importance (like tbh I think the giant fight with Fiona, Vincent, etc that happens alongside the data center fight runs a tiny bit long), but I feel like the 1v3 fight was really huge for Jason (MC).

After the news gets dropped that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
he feels completely incapable in all aspects. The fight at the data center needed to be stacked against Jason and he needed to barely survive. I feel like a long fight against clearly experienced killers is the only real way to properly convey the point of the fight and also give Jason some real confidence in his ability. If he would've walked in, fought a bit, and made it out without using all of his techniques and fighting within an inch of his life, he would've left the data center the same character as he came in.

There's so much more to read into about Jason too. His feeling about lack of control he had since the beginning of the game, his inferiority complex, his really strong story parallel with Vincent, his relationship with Robbie, and so on. But to keep this post from being a full page long ill just say that the intense data center fight and his near death experience is (most likely) going to be a big turning point for his character.

Also the fight visuals were just really cool.

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
Take my word with a grain of salt because this is my favorite AVN right now and I'm going to dickride this game until it's finished.

Anyways, I don't agree with the idea that the data center fight took too long. I feel like I WOULD agree if it had less importance (like tbh I think the giant fight with Fiona, Vincent, etc that happens alongside the data center fight runs a tiny bit long), but I feel like the 1v3 fight was really huge for Jason (MC).

After the news gets dropped that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
he feels completely incapable in all aspects. The fight at the data center needed to be stacked against Jason and he needed to barely survive. I feel like a long fight against clearly experienced killers is the only real way to properly convey the point of the fight and also give Jason some real confidence in his ability. If he would've walked in, fought a bit, and made it out without using all of his techniques and fighting within an inch of his life, he would've left the data center the same character as he came in.

There's so much more to read into about Jason too. His feeling about lack of control he had since the beginning of the game, his inferiority complex, his really strong story parallel with Vincent, his relationship with Robbie, and so on. But to keep this post from being a full page long ill just say that the intense data center fight and his near death experience is (most likely) going to be a big turning point for his character.

Also the fight visuals were just really cool.
That's fair.
I mean it's not like he was cake-walking the fight. He took some severe beatings and despite repeatedly having the option to flee, chose not to. So to me it felt like he stuck around just for the sake of it. The point of the fight only occurred to me afterwards when MC explained it to Fiona. And while I don't have to agree with it, that's totally fine story-wise.

Also, at that point I had already played for quite some time and felt a bit sick, so probably should've just taken a break instead lol.

4.50 star(s) 132 Votes