kvier

Apr 30, 2018
Question what’s the best choice with elena do you have sex with her or not or should I just retaliate
Nothing matters yet. Do whatever you like.
We can't tell you what will be the best choice because not yet enough of the story has been written.

Jul 4, 2021
Uh. Damn. 16 months. Based on that, we're not even halfway through if it's like last time.

Which lines up with his latest Patreon post because it didn't even seem like he was anywhere close to even halfway done. I feel like I understand why this VN doesn't get a lot traction now. Which is a shame. It's really good. It's understandable. He's only one guy doing this part-time and also seemingly doing a bunch of other stuff in conjunction with the latest update.
I think Dev was struggling with something so I think updates should come out quicker and better updates but only with time will tell.

Reactions: allanl9020142

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I think Dev was struggling with something so I think updates should come out quicker and better updates but only with time will tell.
Possibly. I took a peek at his Patreon page and the latest update just made me kind of confused on where he was progress-wise.

It looks like he has a lot planned for the future but I already think it's pretty fucking great. I don't even usually like magic/superpower stuff which is why I didn't try it until now. Also I'm pretty anal about grammar/spelling and the fact that it doesn't bother as me much just shows how much I like the story.

If the dev could do quicker updates, then this game would really pop off. It already has so much content and still a lot of potential to be one of the most popular VNs. I wish more people knew about this game.

CookieCutter69

Dec 24, 2017
Thought this was going to be a mind control harem game, but it got way interesting later on. Sad to see that this game has very slow updates after reading through the posts.

Goblina Lover

May 20, 2017
Uh. Damn. 16 months. Based on that, we're not even halfway through if it's like last time.

Which lines up with his latest Patreon post because it didn't even seem like he was anywhere close to even halfway done. I feel like I understand why this VN doesn't get a lot traction now. Which is a shame. It's really good. It's understandable. He's only one guy doing this part-time and also seemingly doing a bunch of other stuff in conjunction with the latest update.
seems pretty fast compared by what is posted here

• Thinking Face

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
compared to the rest of Renpy vn on this site
I was focusing on the time it took between the latest update and the update before that one. What games have you seen that take longer than 16 months to update?
I can't recall anything taking more than 13 months that I'm actually following.

camube

Jun 4, 2022

i agree this is a really good VN

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Im only a few chapters in yet would like to know...is the MC supposed to be a functionally blind, retarded idiot?
Is there going to be some character arc that's going to at least turn him into a human being that will know how to not be a whiney biitch?

Spoilers: OR how to REMEMBER that he is fighting TWO individuals, then ONLY paying attention to one lesser of two threats instead of IMMEDIATELY focusing on the fat dude STILL holding A BAT RIGHT BEHIND HIM...the same one he used on the MCs midsection one second ago??
"Wow, I am knocked out...I wonder how THAT happened?"
"OH that's right, because I am a moron that never pays attention to little details like self-preservation."

Edit: This is a Kinetic Novel, not a Virtual Novel.
Kinetic is streamlined with the illusion of choice, most of those choices are limited dialog additions.
All of that is just fine when reading a good story with cemented direction almost from the very beginning.
A Virtual Novel is a choose-your-own-adventure, where every answer given drives to a variety of inevitable conclusions.
This also gives the VN a great deal of replayability to go down different rabbit holes, find different paths, and conclude with several different endings.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjapper

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Also I'm pretty anal about grammar/spelling and the fact that it doesn't bother as me much just shows how much I like the story.
Yeah, I had two false starts on this game until I pushed through to Chapter 2 and got over the grammar stuff. The writings good, I just always get a twinge when I see a 'haven't' rather than a 'hasn't' or whatnot. But I was convinced, and just finished a Control/Harem type run. Didn't seem like there was much special content for that, and it seems there's no path to Robbie yet (tried a solo run for her, still nothing more than a kiss at the beach).

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
well,not the kind of 'femdom' I thought...
Some of the tags are just so broad they lose a lot of use. Or maybe they need sub-categories so users can divide between types of things (soft/hard, control, safe word mechanics, pegging, sadism, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera). There's a huge difference between a woman who takes charge and builds trust (example, A Shot in the Dark, first time I've ever seen a safe-word mechanic), or being enslaved, degraded, and probably pissed on (without consent) or killed (seems likely for some of the sub routes of Karlsson's Gambit).

No kink shaming here, just pointing out how an umbrella term that big might not prepare folks for when the yum turns to squick.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Exactly, a women who takes charge in bed and has regular sex (vaginal) is not femdom even though it can hurt some people's feelings.
I think there can be a distinction between a woman initiating, showing interest, or being aggressive/thirsty for someone, and one who takes charge, gives instruction, controls aspects, things that would probably fall under a Soft-Dom umbrella. I don't think PiV negates an entire act from being Fem Dom, that seems like a very narrow slice. Like I referenced, there's a online hookup in A Shot in the Dark, that is definitely a Dom, but (so far from what I've seen) is on the Soft-Dom kind of things.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
LOL It's bad enough when you use "I Mean" at the beginning of a sentence but to have it AS AN ENTIRE sentence is just wrong lol.

Edit: The dialog is fantastic, and the humor isn't overwhelming, but active enough to lighten most of the scenes.
I keep harping on it since it's my pet peeve, but EVERYONE starts sentences with "I MEAN" Go and tell me how MANY "I mean" there are in the entire narrative so far, almost ALL OF THEM start sentences, and writer has EVERYONE saying it!
I don't WANT to have to skip the dialog since as I said earlier it's great, I just grind my teeth and often YELL very loudly when I have to suffer through too much of that shit/

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Hungover00

Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022
4.1 - Does this game feature NTR currently or will do in the future?

As in the humiliation fetish where a romantic partner is stolen from the main character to cause discomfort and jealousy? No.

Keep in mind, though, that all characters you encounter throughout the story have their own kinds of relationships and friends, so don't be surprised if a potential love interest is a little too close to someone else.

4.2 - MW is a harem game, but has... *gasp* other characters having agency over its sexual content?

First and foremost, Mad World is a story about its characters. It being a "harem" game only tells you that you can pursue an active relationship with multiple characters at the same time, not that other characters won't do the same. Yes, you read that right.
" It being a "harem" game only tells you that you can pursue an active relationship with multiple characters at the same time, not that other characters won't do the same."

Im confused so if the MC pursues all LI are they going to be with other people at the same time?:unsure:
I read that If I reject someone I will see them have sex with someone else? that is a weird game design.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Yea, I think this VN is the only one I've been giving a fuck about for these past few weeks. Had to change the fan sig to match. Just didn't feel right.

4.50 star(s) 132 Votes