Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
It's Eva and hmm... I made quick run now and I couldn't get that scene you talk about. Although I got her fucking with Chloe at the evening in the truck, having Chloe as FWB at the same time. I guess the scene you mentioned is maybe without MC-Chloe relation?

Edit: I unpacked game files and yeah, Eva is fucking Leon in the truck. But there is also scene where MC is fucking Chloe in there, anyone know what causes these two scenes?
This will make it clear

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
This will make it clear
Yeah, that clarifies some things. Results I got:
  • Chloe-Eva (evening) - Chloe FBW and Eva kissing at strip club but no sex on birthday
  • MC-Eva (day) - Chloe FWB and Eva kissing at strip club + sex after birthday (there is no Chloe-Eva at the evening)
  • MC-Chloe (evening truck) - ??? only saw in game files, not sure how to get that
  • MC-Chloe (day cabin) - Chloe FBW
  • MC-Chloe (evening cabin) - ??? only saw in game files, not sure how to get that
Either I'm messing something up or there is something wrong there.

Reactions: Sin_Mechero

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
Yeah, that clarifies some things. Results I got:
  • Chloe-Eva (evening) - Chloe FBW and Eva kissing at strip club but no sex on birthday
  • MC-Eva (day) - Chloe FWB and Eva kissing at strip club + sex after birthday (there is no Chloe-Eva at the evening)
  • MC-Chloe (evening truck) - ??? only saw in game files, not sure how to get that
  • MC-Chloe (day cabin) - Chloe FBW
  • MC-Chloe (evening cabin) - ??? only saw in game files, not sure how to get that
Either I'm messing something up or there is something wrong there.
It's been a long time since I played it, but from what you say you are missing Cloe's path alone but more than FBW.

Reactions: Impurity2937

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
It's been a long time since I played it, but from what you say you are missing Cloe's path alone but more than FBW.
That's what I thought, thanks. I wanted to be nice and make Chloe-Robbie together and be with Eva but it seems Robbie is not interested in that and Eva just want any cock so I guess Chloe all the way!

Reactions: Sin_Mechero

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Anyway... I do not know how much hype is about this game since I discovered it last week and finished couple days ago already but wanted to share some thoughts.

• I know I could just scroll the thread a bit (what I will do) but are there any interesting theories, leaks, spoilers related to future plot or current development state? Like Paeonia actually speaks at the beginning of the game which I guess is actually taking place one year from the start?
screenshot0221.png
  • ...and the blue and red color of MC's eyes. During the game "control" and "power" is somewhat shown as good and evil which I think is just made this way to fool player (like ending of Mass Effect 3 I guess). Are there any fancy theories about that?
screenshot0220.png screenshot0217.png screenshot0196.png screenshot0214.png screenshot0197.png screenshot0218.png
  • Eva's doctor was at the Second Circle (different dimension brothel) so he is Relic User just as her sister Elena, wonder if there will be something more about it or just irrelevant detail?
screenshot0199.png screenshot0216.png
  • Why after last "big action" they were just enjoying drink and having fun and give a fuck about MC? Did they think they didn't make it and give shit about it? Because no one even mentioned him once...
  • What was that? Am I missing something?
screenshot0219.png

In the end it is one of the best VN out there, great characters, dialogues and story. I need to find some way to rate these games since I write the same shit after every great game... Looking forward for next updates! Seeing franchise TV series based on that would be awesome.

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
  • Why after last "big action" they were just enjoying drink and having fun and give a fuck about MC? Did they think they didn't make it and give shit about it? Because no one even mentioned him once...
That part felt really weird to me as it just mean that all of them are only using the MC until they have no more use of him, and after that battle the MC is not useful to them anymore and so that's why they don't care.
As even if you tried to get closer to Fiona in the few opportunities the game gave you (as it's the only member of the group you can get closer), they still all have no care at all for the MC during their after battle drink.
Unless it's an overlook from the author.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
'IF'...you were paying attention, she let's slip while talking to him (while he in hosptal bed after waking up from coma) that they sent him in unprepared and never expected to him to live...then she stops herself before carrying on.

So you're correct, not once, ever, do any of them give a crap. He a tool...they care about the relic, he is completely irelevent to them personally and as an organisation.

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
'IF'...you were paying attention, she let's slip while talking to him (while he in hosptal bed after waking up from coma) that they sent him in unprepared and never expected to him to live...then she stops herself before carrying on.

So you're correct, not once, ever, do any of them give a crap. He a tool...they care about the relic, he is completely irelevent to them personally and as an organisation.
Yeah, I know what she said at the hospital but it is still out of my mind how easily they just gave a fuck about him...

I get that they sent him "unprepared" etc but no one even mentioned him, like was never there, drinking and laughing, what a scums. Beside that, the whole game they create some "big thing" around him, like he is Neo in Matrix and his Relic is super important to them and what? All they wanted from him was to do some easy computer shit (it is not rocket science as they said) to save people they didn't even save? There was just a little girl and based on Fiona's reaction she wasn't even someone important or something, they expected more people there. And all this talk about how they want to save him and how important his Relic is but he was almost stopped by three people and they potentially lost the relic and no one cares?

They basically just betrayed him, used him, let him die and went for a drink, laughing about how fun the evening was. So yeah, that just does not add, weird as fuck imo and I still don't understand that. I hope there will be any path of being hostile and mistrust to them in the next episodes...

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
They basically just betrayed him, used him, let him die and went for a drink, laughing about how fun the evening was. So yeah, that just does not add, weird as fuck imo and I still don't understand that. I hope there will be any path of being hostile and mistrust to them in the next episodes...
Now this is the path!

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Now this is the path!
I liked plot twist in Once in a lifetime where you were basically "fighting evil" the whole game but power corrupted you and at the end you could choose to place yourself as the most evil character instead just defeat him and "let the good win". Not sure how it could look like here tho, siding with Tobias maybe? Or became independent power? Well, it is just a VN so I do not expect anything spectacular here but I love this universe, great potential in there.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Not sure how it could look like here tho
Ours is supposedly the purest power of subjugation and conquest, so I wouldn't rule out our becoming a god.

it is just a VN so I do not expect anything spectacular here
That is such an elitist attitude, and begs the question of where do you draw the line between media deserving of respect and expectations, and those undeserving.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Anyway... I do not know how much hype is about this game since I discovered it last week and finished couple days ago already but wanted to share some thoughts.
Well, since you just discovered it last week...

this game had regular updates till april 2021 (3.2.0), 1 update in august 2021 (3.3.0), 1 update only in 2022 and no updates in 2023. Just to let you know.

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
Oh that's sad to learn this.
Mad World is such a great AVN and now it feels it's on the verge of being abandonned if it's not already. :(

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Well, since you just discovered it last week...

this game had regular updates till april 2021 (3.2.0), 1 update in august 2021 (3.3.0), 1 update only in 2022 and no updates in 2023. Just to let you know.
Oh that's sad to learn this.
Mad World is such a great AVN and now it feels it's on the verge of being abandonned if it's not already. :(
Well... Based on f95zone activity and his Patreon Capella seems to be still in the business so I hope it will not be abandoned... If he decides to abandon project because of lack of time/funds, I hope he will at least relieve rest of the story :rolleyes: But yeah, longer and longer update time periods is a common problem with all VNs really.

Reactions: Regularus

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
Well... Based on f95zone activity and his Patreon Capella seems to be still in the business so I hope it will not be abandoned... If he decides to abandon project because of lack of time/funds, I hope he will at least relieve rest of the story :rolleyes: But yeah, longer and longer update time periods is a common problem with all VNs really.
just checked the patreon page (looks like the posts are readable on his page even without membership there) :

And it looks there have been a huge problem with the dev having a massive harddrive failure and losing lots of data.
I just hope he'll be able to recover most of what he lost and that the Mad World related content was safe (hopefully he had several backup of said content) .

• Sad
Reactions: Grelk

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
That is such an elitist attitude, and begs the question of where do you draw the line between media deserving of respect and expectations, and those undeserving.
Well, there are a few factors that make VNs still feel a little raw compared to other types of media.
1. It's usually done by a solo dev who can only do so much all at once - coding, art/renders, soundtrack, writing, proofreading, bug testing, etc. Point is, things can fall through the cracks. Even the most popular ones. It's really a jack of all trades and master of none type of deal.

2. Suspension of disbelief is required more often than not when regarding plot holes, realism of the situation, etc.

3. There are indie devs for games and ones that are just ongoing projects essentially but VNs are usually the ones with this paradigm of the majority of its life being spent as an incomplete, ongoing project. I say that because most of the people following a VN will be following it throughout its whole process and not just "buy" it when it's done.

4. Low barrier to entry. While great because it gives anyone a chance to create something good, it also means a lot of devs with low skills flood the space with low quality stuff.

5. This kind of hits on #3 again but the patron - supporter model has created a kind of low-trust relationship. While great because it gives creators the freedom to do things on their own terms, there have also been a lot of VNs that are just abandoned after gaining traction or even some devs who have abused the system and milked supporters. That can result in a general low credibility view on VNs or people who just don't keep high expectations.

6. Also while there are people who support the creators monetarily, the fact that you can just get them on forums like this probably makes people think not to take it as seriously. It's that old abundance/scarcity mindset. They might think what's free, cheap, or easily acquired isn't that good and what's behind a pay wall or expensive just has to be good or at least have some standard of quality to it. (Which, from my experience holds a little truth but isn't always the case. It's just lazy thinking to apply it to everything.)

Overall:
While I don't personally believe all the points I made, I can still understand the sentiment of not having overall high expectations for this medium when compared to things with huge, multi-million budgets. I mean, these are all still essentially indie games. I feel like it doesn't have such a negative implication of being elitist. I think it's more or less "fair enough" when viewed from that perspective. It also just makes the really good ones just shine even brighter for me. The ones that take it to the next level and really start brushing up against the production level for high budget crap.

Disclaimer:
- I honestly prefer VNs over other types of media these days. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. I ESPECIALLY like Mad World. I can't even remember the last AAA game, movie, or tv show I've played/watched. It's all just been indie dev stuff, reading, or old stuff.
- Which is why I really appreciate really good ones. Finding VNs like Mad World is like finding a diamond in a pile of rocks.
- Just in case anyone might think I'm implying something about this dev or this game, I'm not. In no way I think he's milking. For a part-time, solo dev his pace is perfectly understandable and even though I only found this one a few months ago, each chapter has a fuck ton of content. So he definitely delivers the goods.
- I also think that unless it's some really piss poor quality stuff, respect should be paid for the huge amount of work that goes into these. Especially if it's done by just one or two people. The really bad stuff seems more like a cash grab rather than anyone with actual passion.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Well, there are a few factors that make VNs still feel a little raw compared to other types of media.
1. It's usually done by a solo dev who can only do so much all at once - coding, art/renders, soundtrack, writing, proofreading, bug testing, etc. Point is, things can fall through the cracks. Even the most popular ones. It's really a jack of all trades and master of none type of deal.
That's the same with a lot of things though, not to the same extent typically true, but still. Web Comics, Novels, plays, non-VN indie games, all have those same issues to varying degrees.

2. Suspension of disbelief is required more often than not when regarding plot holes, realism of the situation, etc.
That is in no way limited to indie VNs. The vast majority of main stream media has all those same problems, some genres more than others, but none are immune.

3. There are indie devs for games and ones that are just ongoing projects essentially but VNs are usually the ones with this paradigm of the majority of its life being spent as an incomplete, ongoing project. I say that because most of the people following a VN will be following it throughout its whole process and not just "buy" it when it's done.
I'm not sure if you're talking about this in terms of quality of content or in terms of amount of content, but I have comparisons for both. Yes, the ongoing work is somewhat unique, but not entirely so. For instance, if you're talking about the amount of content, games such as this can be compared to serialized comics and magna, and to a lesser degree full novels and tv shows where you have to wait between releases of the new books or episodes. The work isn't released in a full complete state from the start. If you mean in terms of quality, you just have to look at the releases of AAA and AA games, where there's going to be a Day One Patch and a steady streams of other patches and fixes to improve the quality of the game.

4. Low barrier to entry. While great because it gives anyone a chance to create something good, it also means a lot of devs with low skills flood the space with low quality stuff.
The low barrier for entry, is somewhat one of the better points, but I think it's more about a "numbers game", like the more available, the more are going to be good and bad.

5. This kind of hits on #3 again but the patron - supporter model has created a kind of low-trust relationship. While great because it gives creators the freedom to do things on their own terms, there have also been a lot of VNs that are just abandoned after gaining traction or even some devs who have abused the system and milked supporters. That can result in a general low credibility view on VNs or people who just don't keep high expectations.
That's not really about VNs though, more about the funding model. It's like arguing the the pros and cons of Pateron and Subscribestar and then taking it out on the things they fund.

6. Also while there are people who support the creators monetarily, the fact that you can just get them on forums like this probably makes people think not to take it as seriously. It's that old abundance/scarcity mindset. They might think what's free, cheap, or easily acquired isn't that good and what's behind a pay wall or expensive just has to be good or at least have some standard of quality to it. (Which, from my experience holds a little truth but isn't always the case. It's just lazy thinking to apply it to everything.)
It's lazy and not how people treat other forms of media they pirate.

Overall:
While I don't personally believe all the points I made, I can still understand the sentiment of not having overall high expectations for this medium when compared to things with huge, multi-million budgets. I mean, these are all still essentially indie games. I feel like it doesn't have such a negative implication of being elitist. I think it's more or less "fair enough" when viewed from that perspective. It also just makes the really good ones just shine even brighter for me. The ones that take it to the next level and really start brushing up against the production level for high budget crap.
Some of the worst pieces of media have been made by companies with massive budgets, some of the best has been with a tiny budget. Throwing a years salary at an indie dev would only mean that they can focous on the game full time. It won't magically improve the quality of their writing, or their coding necessarily, or anything else. Chances are they'll be able to buy a better computer and more and better assets, but still the quality of the story and thus the game would remain mostly unchanged

Disclaimer:
- I honestly prefer VNs over other types of media these days. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. I ESPECIALLY like Mad World. I can't even remember the last AAA game, movie, or tv show I've played/watched. It's all just been indie dev stuff, reading, or old stuff.
- Which is why I really appreciate really good ones. Finding VNs like Mad World is like finding a diamond in a pile of rocks.
- Just in case anyone might think I'm implying something about this dev or this game, I'm not. In no way I think he's milking. For a part-time, solo dev his pace is perfectly understandable and even though I only found this one a few months ago, each chapter has a fuck ton of content. So he definitely delivers the goods.
- I also think that unless it's some really piss poor quality stuff, respect should be paid for the huge amount of work that goes into these. Especially if it's done by just one or two people. The really bad stuff seems more like a cash grab rather than anyone with actual passion.
My media tastes aren't limited to VNs.

What's good or bad, for everything, is highly subjective, a lot of people will agree on certain point of what makes something good or bad, but tastes will always vary.

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022

Overall:

Disclaimer:
Wow, you basically took all my chaotically wandering thoughts in my mind and somehow forged it into text I would never be able to write on my own as a response, despite fact that I tried couple of times lol. This is the best "exactly what I wanted to say" I ever experienced :coffee:

Hey, man. I'm just really curious. What's your native language? I've seen that phrase a lot and the grammar structure is just so odd. I always wonder what that's being translated from.
Now you got my interest too, what's wrong with that phrase? Polish, although not sure it really matters here... I think I have seen/heard it so many times that I just used that.

Last edited:
Reactions: allanl9020142
4.50 star(s) 132 Votes