Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Forum's rule, too much time passed since previous update.

On discord:
View attachment 3495173
I would want to say that I understand but on the other hand... There is BaDIK with update once a year and it never gets Abandoned status - why is that? Because DrHighEgo regularly gives info about what he has done and what is he working on right now, some spoilers and renders from upcoming update etc.

I don't buy this "do not want to disappoint you guys" thing. Work on the game as long as you want and as long as Patreons are willing to tolerate your tempo but just post some info from time to time for people to know that project is still on... Dev is either scamming or I don't know, does not know that regular info about his game makes people mode hyped (which is good for him)? Dunno, will see.

ps. BaDIK is the first example that came to my mind, obviously there are many more.

Last edited:

hirikumo

Nov 19, 2018
I would want to say that I understand but on the other hand... There is BaDIK with update once a year and it never gets Abandoned status - why is that? Because DrHighEgo regularly gives info about what he has done and what is he working on right now, some spoilers and renders from upcoming update etc.

I don't buy this "do not want to disappoint you guys" thing. Work on the game as long as you want and as long as Patreons are willing to tolerate your tempo but just post some info from time to time for people to know that project is still on... Dev is either scamming or I don't know, does not know that regular info about his game makes people mode hyped (which is good for him)? Dunno, will see.

ps. BaDIK is the first example that came to my mind, obviously there are many more.
You pretty much figured it out. As long as a dev makes a Patreon post once every three months, their game won't get the "abandoned" prefix. That gets ignored though if the game reaches two years without an update, regardless of posts on Patreon. Being as though DPC makes posts pretty often, BAD will probably never get the tag.

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
You pretty much figured it out. As long as a dev makes a Patreon post once every three months, their game won't get the "abandoned" prefix. That gets ignored though if the game reaches two years without an update, regardless of posts on Patreon. Being as though DPC makes posts pretty often, BAD will probably never get the tag.
I don't know the rules details but the thing is there is nothing to ignore anyway, since his last Patreon post is from 21st of December... If he would be like posting every 2 weeks his progression with some commentary/renders and f95zone mods would say dura lex, sed lex and tagged this thread Abandoned anyway then it is fine to me, but that is not a case is it?

My empathy and indulgence levels are pretty high so I understand that sometimes shit happens (according to dev's story about hardware failure). But since then...? I find it not a proper way of treating your players/fans to say a least, so it is hard for me to believe that he actually is working on this project and not scamming.

Last edited:

hirikumo

Nov 19, 2018
I don't know the rules details but the thing is there is nothing to ignore anyway, since his last Patreon post is from 21st of December... If he would be like posting every 2 weeks his progression with some commentary/renders and f95zone mods would say dura lex, sed lex and tagged this thread Abandoned anyway then it is fine to me, but that is not a case is it?

My empathy and indulgence levels are pretty high so I understand that sometimes shit happens (according to dev's story about hardware failure). But since then...? I find it not a proper way of treating your players/fans to say a least, so it is hard for me to believe that he actually is working on this project and not scamming.
That's part of it as well. If I'm correct, three months of dev inactivity on Patreon = "abandoned" prefix, regardless of what they are saying on Discord. It also won't get removed until the game gets an update. The two year thing is a way to stop people from making a post every now and then but allow their games to avoid the prefix and potentially keep gaining new patrons. For example, Stencilbits and ttll, the devs of "Offcuts" and "Come Inside" respectively. Despite making posts on Patreon consistently, "Offcuts" has gone over 5 years without an update and "Come Inside" is approaching its 4th.

Reactions: dawlben

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
That's part of it as well. If I'm correct, three months of dev inactivity on Patreon = "abandoned" prefix, regardless of what they are saying on Discord. It also won't get removed until the game gets an update. The two year thing is a way to stop people from making a post every now and then but allow their games to avoid the prefix and potentially keep gaining new patrons. For example, Stencilbits and ttll, the devs of "Offcuts" and "Come Inside" respectively. Despite making posts on Patreon consistently, "Offcuts" has gone over 5 years without an update and "Come Inside" is approaching its 4th.
HOLY SHIT I had to see it on my own eyes and... wtf? Do they have some kind of bipolar disorder and are living in their own world or something? I have read Stencilbits's posts on Patreon and it is hard to believe this guy is for real, 6 months ago he said update is ready and he still didn't publish it (game's thread is fun to read tho :D ).

I had no idea devs can be such extreme in here and if that's the case then I'm curious if Capella will go their ways. Thanks a lot for your elucidation hirikumo

Reactions: hirikumo

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
That's part of it as well. If I'm correct, three months of dev inactivity on Patreon = "abandoned" prefix, regardless of what they are saying on Discord.
That's decently correct, though not entirely. It's at three months of inactivity on their various sites (like Patreon) before the staff / moderators review the dev and their game to see if they believe real progress is being made or if they believe it's time to add the Abandoned prefix to a game thread. I've seen devs who didn't post on Patreon very often at all but avoided the prefix on their games' threads because of updates on something like Discord. Note that the verbiage is "the developer's public creator/crowdfunding accounts"; "public creator... account" could include something like Discord or X. Anyway, the game gets reviewed after 3 months of inactivity on any funding site, and the outcome of the review determines whether the game gets the prefix.

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
for adult vn theres toooooo much drama...the mc is a moron who cant do shit till now and the baggage the story shoulders is a lil too much...relic users dont know whats happening around them but they are thousands of years old...what did they do all this time?sleep?...and what works very bad is sex and a loooong story,more sex and less heavy drama maybe...but thats my personal opinion...fap or read a novel....who have soo much time to read 3 hours with your d... in hand!? ahh it´s abandoned...better so?!i like it more when the mc becomes more op and can save his surounding....and i love happy endings...bad endings is nowadays in every story(mostley)...

Reactions: raqraq

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
HOLY SHIT I had to see it on my own eyes and... wtf? Do they have some kind of bipolar disorder and are living in their own world or something? I have read Stencilbits's posts on Patreon and it is hard to believe this guy is for real, 6 months ago he said update is ready and he still didn't publish it (game's thread is fun to read tho :D ).

I had no idea devs can be such extreme in here and if that's the case then I'm curious if Capella will go their ways. Thanks a lot for your elucidation hirikumo
Eh, I wouldn't really be all that perturbed if there was never another update. I also wouldn't be surprised if he just popped up again soon with a post. I think this dev has his own circumstances so I can't knock him. But for sure, a few updates every now and then would be nice. Even if it's just a "too busy with life but I'm alive" kind of thing.

But I think my ambivalence stems from me just losing interest altogether in VNs. It really just feels like there are a few good ones left but anything still updating and worth playing are all the ones that are starting to take a year or longer.

And don't even get me started on BADIK, DPC's got a plethora of problems and the long updates are just a single symptom. But it's too hyped to fail at this point so if I'm still around in 5 years, I'll just be waiting for everyone else to realize it jumped the shark.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Eh, I wouldn't really be all that perturbed if there was never another update. I also wouldn't be surprised if he just popped up again soon with a post. I think this dev has his own circumstances so I can't knock him. But for sure, a few updates every now and then would be nice. Even if it's just a "too busy with life but I'm alive" kind of thing.

But I think my ambivalence stems from me just losing interest altogether in VNs. It really just feels like there are a few good ones left but anything still updating and worth playing are all the ones that are starting to take a year or longer.

And don't even get me started on BADIK, DPC's got a plethora of problems and the long updates are just a single symptom. But it's too hyped to fail at this point so if I'm still around in 5 years, I'll just be waiting for everyone else to realize it jumped the shark.
dev is active on discord, the game seems to be still in development, we'll see what comes of it

Reactions: allanl9020142

camube

Jun 4, 2022

yeah it would be better if he posts more often on patreon

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Oh, people are well aware of decreasing quality of BADIK but it's noticeable mostly just for veteran players who played that game tenths or hundreds of times and they will stick to it anyway, just like you said. New players will be happy with "prettier" renders and storywhich is not that bad either if you compare it to most of the other AVNs these days.
dev is active on discord, the game seems to be still in development, we'll see what comes of it
That is the only one thing making me think that he may be actually still working on this game. He is also daily here on f95zone so this is even more strange to me, why he doesn't care about his game getting Abandoned status here and what's more important, doesn't give posts on Patreon. Did he said why? Surely someone asked him on Discord?

Reactions: allanl9020142

The Dark Moonshine

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020
Oh, people are well aware of decreasing quality of BADIK but it's noticeable mostly just for veteran players who played that game tenths or hundreds of times and they will stick to it anyway, just like you said. New players will be happy with "prettier" renders and storywhich is not that bad either if you compare it to most of the other AVNs these days.

That is the only one thing making me think that he may be actually still working on this game. He is also daily here on f95zone so this is even more strange to me, why he doesn't care about his game getting Abandoned status here and what's more important, doesn't give posts on Patreon. Did he said why? Surely someone asked him on Discord?
I think that you could directly message him here on F95.

camube

Jun 4, 2022

how do you know that Capella or anyone is logging in daily in f95zone? we can see that? lol
can i ask where?

Capella can write, for one. And his action scenes staging are also great. I just wish he post on patreon more often really. but that's just me

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
how do you know that Capella or anyone is logging in daily in f95zone? we can see that? lol
can i ask where?

Capella can write, for one. And his action scenes staging are also great. I just wish he post on patreon more often really. but that's just me
Find their name on a post, hover over it, and voilà!
1712438204205.png
Alternately, if visiting their profile, it's at the top:
1712438337340.png

Reactions: Dark Silence
4.50 star(s) 132 Votes