TRowws

Jan 30, 2020
Something that confuses me is that boys can't use fairy magic, but in the bad endings where staff members find out you're a boy none of them are suprised that you can.

JackyHF

Jan 11, 2019
Something that confuses me is that boys can't use fairy magic, but in the bad endings where staff members find out you're a boy none of them are suprised that you can.
It's not that they can't. The problem is that those boys will either lose the magic eventually, or worse violently explode from the incompatability. There have been experiments and those ended in failure.

Reactions: TRowws

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
It's not that they can't. The problem is that those boys will either lose the magic eventually, or worse violently explode from the incompatability. There have been experiments and those ended in failure.
I am guessing this must be one of the reasons why Isabelle is trying to get Eric(a) to fully become a girl. Seeing as if you do rescue the girls from the hive dungeon you get the gust magic, and if you rescue Catherine team you will get hurricane (assuming you got the wind magic prior)

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now that I've typed all of this out it kind of feels like a fan-fiction - yeesh.
Sorry, I tend to get super absorbed into things with really heavy lore and a bunch of unanswered questions and cliffhangers, it's like Gravity Falls all over again.
(also a somewhat aggrivating aspect of the game is that useless key items (like the books from the library puzzle) are forced to always be in your inventory) Oh wait! can you put them in the box in your room!? that'd make so much sense

tipoima

Jul 20, 2018
I personally think that any sort of reveal of the siblings theory would go through Olivia first. If she faked the autopsy, she would be the most cordial to Eric's situation. And even if she didn't, she is probably the most reasonable person in the administration.

Reactions: starvoyager

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Is this an old save? I remember hearing something about how loading things from mermaid dungeon breaks stuff. If you're in that area, try finishing it on the old version and then updating.
I am pretty much complete, up until the latest update. I'm well passed the mermaid dungeon.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
I personally think that any sort of reveal of the siblings theory would go through Olivia first. If she faked the autopsy, she would be the most cordial to Eric's situation. And even if she didn't, she is probably the most reasonable person in the administration.
Yeah, i didn't realize that (if they're true) Olivia would be the only one in camp to know they're siblings and that Eric never died, and she's best friends with Marianne and is apparently getting a romance route so probably likes Erica. I really feel like the reveal would come from eric talking about the traffic accident to Olivia or Marianne though.
Also i'm not sure why but i'm kind of hyped for the Olivia route.

FookU2 The only thing i can think of is to download a newer/older version of the game, look through the graphics folder and see if you can find the file that it says is missing, and if you do then drag & drop it into your current game, or if you can download a newer version that works put your saves in the newer game's folders

Last edited:
Reactions: FookU2

LandBeach

Jun 3, 2019
So when does this game usually update? Is it like a set schedule thing or do updates release when they're done.

Also, I just have to add that this is a very nice game.

tipoima

Jul 20, 2018
So when does this game usually update? Is it like a set schedule thing or do updates release when they're done.

Also, I just have to add that this is a very nice game.
No schedule, unfortunately. Updates work on a "It's done when it's done" basis. I'd expect ~4 month wait between major updates.

JackyHF

Jan 11, 2019
I wanted to release a bug fix called 0.4.7b, but last week was filled with work, so I had no time for Magical Camp. It might come some time next week instead.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
FookU2 The only thing i can think of is to download a newer/older version of the game, look through the graphics folder and see if you can find the file that it says is missing, and if you do then drag & drop it into your current game, or if you can download a newer version that works put your saves in the newer game's folders
Yeah, I've downloaded 3 other versions and I honestly have no clue where this file would be, cause I've searched every folder in every version I downloaded, and have yet to find any graphics anything. vvv.png

• Sad

tipoima

Jul 20, 2018
You won't find this file in older versions because they are encrypted. Most important game directories are compressed into the file called Game.rgss3a

You need to run the save in the older version and see if it works. When/If it does, finish the area and save somewhere like in the Camp.

• Angry
Reactions: FookU2 and JackyHF

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
You won't find this file in older versions because they are encrypted. Most important game directories are compressed into the file called Game.rgss3a

You need to run the save in the older version and see if it works. When/If it does, finish the area and save somewhere like in the Camp.
Seems like a lot of work to get to keep my saves. Would waiting for another update be better?
Maybe the next update will work...? Reaching here. I'm not one to wanna go back and redo things due to a bug. Most of the time, when I'm told I have to start over, or even go back to redo a bunch of stuff, I just delete all files and quit playing the game.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Seems like a lot of work to get to keep my saves. Would waiting for another update be better?
Maybe the next update will work...? Reaching here. I'm not one to wanna go back and redo things due to a bug. Most of the time, when I'm told I have to start over, or even go back to redo a bunch of stuff, I just delete all files and quit playing the game.
I think you can just take the saves from the version you played and drop or copy them into a newer version

tipoima

Jul 20, 2018
If it doesn't work in the current version, chances are it won't work in the newer versions.
Honestly don't think downloading another version is that much work. It can't be anything older than 0.4.5.

Just download 0.4.6, put the save in its folder, and if it doesn't load - repeat for 0.4.5.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I think you can just take the saves from the version you played and drop or copy them into a newer version
That's what I did with this version and it's saying a file is missing. But, I'm gonna wait for the next update and see if the saves work with that one.

JackyHF

Jan 11, 2019
They won't because your saves use an outdated file that isn't coming back. If you don't want to put them into 0.4.5 and fix it that way, your only chance is putting your saves one at a time into the new version and check on each if it crashes the game, then remove that save.

Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Alright, it seems i will have to play it all over again, thanks for the help
I have older saves that were from the beginning of time (at least it seems haha). They work for me.
I recently had several errors when trying to play the newer update.

Solution (worked for me, anyway):

Put all your saves in a separate folder, on your desktop.
Put them in the game's folder one at a time, and start the .exe.
If the game loads, that file works. If the game doesn't load, that file is no longer compatible.
Each save, depending on where it was at, may have had changes in later updates, but some saves may not have been touched.

I was able to keep about 5 out of 10 saves, that way.

Reactions: titouille313
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes